Update to .0670 Fails: DJI Moderator Please Reply
673 6 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
russ.carpenter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127569 ft
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and am attempting to update my firmware to version 2 01.00.0670. I have made at least 20 attempts to update and they have all failed.

I have tried four different approaches:

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic running on an iMac with OS 10.15.7

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic running on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.15.7

DJI Go 4 running on a DJI Smart Controller

DJI Go 4 running on a standard DJI controller, coupled to an iPhone 11

Both internal storage and SD storage on the Mavic 2 Pro were reformatted. I have tried three different USB cables. I have also attempted to upgrade with the SD card removed from the Mavic 2 Pro.

In all four cases the new firmware has been successfully downloaded. But the update of the Mavic 2 itself has failed.

All advice grealy appreciated.

2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello russ.carpenter, I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you and I appreciate your effort in trying different options to update the firmware for your Mavic 2 pro. Have you tried to temporarily disable the antivirus on the computer then exit the DJI Assistant 2, restart the aircraft and run the DJI Assistant 2 again.

Is there an option you can use a Windows PC and try to update the firmware using it to isolate the issue?

If the upgrade couldn't be completed after trying several times, please provide the following information for further analysis.
A. Screenshots or videos of the following items.
1. The current firmware version, which can be found on the "About" page of DJI Go 4 or DJI Assistant 2.
2. The complete and clear screenshot of the failure page on the DJI Assistant 2.
3. Screenshot of the other error messages that apperead during update if there is any.
B. The logs of DJI Assistant 2.
For Windows, please pack up the following two logs:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\log

”XXX” is the account name of the computer; the above file paths are hidden by default. Please refer to the Microsoft guide below for instructions on how to enable them.

https://support.microsoft.com/en ... s-show-hidden-files

For Mac, please pack up the two logs:

~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/log

How to open Library on Mac: In the Menu Bar, click Go -> Go to Folder -> type ~/Library​

I will wait for your response. Thank you.
2020-10-22
Use props
russ.carpenter
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will get started on your suggestions. Stand by!

2020-10-22
Use props
russ.carpenter
lvl.3
United States

I am ready to report the results to you. However, I need help on a very simple question. I have two DJI log files on my desktop. How do I attach them to a message to you? I get a message that the system only accepts various graphics formats, not log files.

Thank you.
2020-10-23
Use props
russ.carpenter
lvl.3
United States

russ.carpenter@me.com Posted at 10-23 11:07
I am ready to report the results to you. However, I need help on a very simple question. I have two DJI log files on my desktop. How do I attach them to a message to you? I get a message that the system only accepts various graphics formats, not log files.

Thank you.

This is my second request for help on log files.

I am ready to report the results to you. However, I need help on a very simple question. I have two DJI log files on my desktop. How do I attach them to a message to you? I get a message that the system only accepts various graphics formats, not log files.

Thank you.
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

russ.carpenter@me.com Posted at 10-28 15:02
This is my second request for help on log files.

I am ready to report the results to you. However, I need help on a very simple question. I have two DJI log files on my desktop. How do I attach them to a message to you? I get a message that the system only accepts various graphics formats, not log files.

Hi russ.carpenter, thank you for your reply. Would you be able to upload it using the upload feature here in the Forum. You may try to direct message me as well and see if it will push through so that we can further check that here. Thank you.
2020-11-2
Use props
russ.carpenter
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for your message. I hadn't received a reply from you, so I contacted DJI support with the Chat service. They asked me to send my Mavic 2 Pro to the service center, which I did three days ago.
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules