Potential solution for "gimbal overload" issues.
342 3 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alejandro Lizama
New

Chile

Hi people. Mavic Pro 2 Hasselblad camera here.
After reading thousands of posts in threads about the infamous < gimbal motor overload > resulting in no stabilization from the gimbal, I sincerely thought the only way out was a new flex cable, for which the procedure seemed too complex, expensive and intrusive for me. So I had to try the least destructive method before thinking of sending it to repairs.

The symptoms were:
-Mavic would boot up normal, and the camera would do the regular initialization movements, except it would not get to the centered and normal position.
-No stabilization at all. Shaky image. Vertical rudder wouldnt work.
-No gimbal present in the DJI Go app
-Gimbal motor overload message
-When turned off, I manually moved the camera to check if any wird sensation could be felt. All axis were moving smoothly, except for the roll axis, the one that is right behind the camera. When trying to move it it felt skind of stiff, like there was dust in it.

The solution was to simply hold the camera with good grip and inject a good amount of compressed air into the little space of the tiny motor. Just like that, there is a very small gap that will let air in and out. After a couple of tries, the movement was super smooth again. And of course, it booted to a normal gimbal stabilization.

So, for any users out there, that haven't experienced a crash and your Mavic 2 with Hasselblad wont stabilize, I'd say, turn off your unit and check if the movement in all three axis is super smooth. If not, there could be some dust particles there. My two cents. Cheers!
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Alejandro Lizama. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these interesting information from your experience on this matter here at DJI Forum. Great tips and thank you for your support.
2020-10-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

2020-10-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft