RS-2 Trigger my shutter Sony A7S III not working
4319 8 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick Vestuto
lvl.3

United States

What am I missing?
I have connected my Sony A7S III camera port to the "RSS" on the gimbal to control the shutter
But all I get is "MASS STORAGE" on the screen
I have changed my camera to "USB MTP" but still doesn't work

What are the settings for my SONY A7S III to control the shutter from the gimbal, please

2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, currently the RS-2 does not support the shutter control on the Sony A7SIII: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/support/compatibility/rs-2/a7s3, we will forward this issue to our Research Team for further development on compatibility. We are sorry for this.
2020-10-22
Use props
NICO42320
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Hello,

I've the same problem I'am happy to read it. i hope this problem will be fix asap.

I have an other problem, i can not record with the dji rs 2. i tried to use the micro usb to my sony a7 siii and also the usb C plug to the rss dji connecteur but it not working. Can you send me back a tuto to fix it.

I turned on "pc distance control" and USB on my sony but it's not working at all.

Best regards
2020-11-5
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..you can control the shutter with the RS2 and the Sony a7S III!
Make sure that the red record button is set to "Movie shooting" and use the cable USB-C to Sony Multi (Cable number 2). It works great.
2020-11-6
Use props
dzchohfi
lvl.1
Brazil

abase21 Posted at 11-6 03:18
Make sure that the red record button is set to "Movie shooting" and use the cable USB-C to Sony Multi (Cable number 2). It works great.

Hi, thanks for the answer. What does it mean "red record button is set to "Movie shooting"?
2020-11-7
Use props
diegoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 489 ft
  • >>>
Spain

dzchohfi Posted at 11-7 06:30
Hi, thanks for the answer. What does it mean "red record button is set to "Movie shooting"?

settings, (yellow menu) + personal  key setting for video+red button start recording+configure
the button in movie shooting mode
2020-11-9
Use props
NICO42320
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

diegoe Posted at 11-9 09:44
settings, (yellow menu) + personal  key setting for video+red button start recording+configure
the button in movie shooting mode

Hello,

Thanks, now recording is working. But shutter control or iso is not working. If i understood well dji have to work on the A7 s iii compatibility (wanda administrator message)
2020-11-13
Use props
NICO42320
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

abase21 Posted at 11-6 03:18

How do you setup the As7 iii to control shutter i only control the rec Bottom.

Thanks a lot
2020-11-13
Use props
fans65fbd14e
New

United States

I've been using the RS-2 with my Sony A7s III for years now and it's worked almost flawlessly. Occasionally it would have issues making the connection.

However in recent weeks it stopped working entirely. I'm using the correct Sony Multi cable and turning on the Ronin first but I can't get the Ronin to recognize my camera. This is highly limiting. Not just because I can't use the record button on the Ronin but I can't control the Ronin from the app without this connection.

Can anyone help? I've reset the camera and if I could find a way to hard reset the Ronin I would. My best guess is the port on the Ronin has somehow gone bad.

Any thoughts?
2023-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules