Motion Control
803 2 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cobesters
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I am genuinely confused why this feature hasn’t been added yet. I have been doing compositing and VFX work for about 4-5 years now, and I have always had to do complex VFX shots from a static tripod, mainly because I need a background plate and don’t want to spend several thousand dollars for a motion control rig that I won’t even be using half the time. I recently bought the OM 4, and I was very satisfied with its performance, except for one thing in the MIMO app. There is no motion control feature, and it would be so simple to add! It’s just a motion lapse, but in real-time! You could quite literally just rename the page to motion lapse / motion control and add 1/24, 1/30, 1/60 second frame rates and keep the rest the same! This would allow a lot of amateur vfx artists to make much more realistic and cooler vfx shots without having to spend hours on end painstakingly motion tracking and trying to line up two frames for a clean cut! PLEASE DJI! It’s so simple! Third party apps like Litchi Osmo have already done it, but not for the mobile series. Please! You’ve spent so much trying to get the OM 4 into the hands of people who have no idea what their doing, with your story modes and clone me pano, and whatnot. Please, just this once do something for the more experienced nitty gritty filmmakers. Also, if anyone knows of any third party apps that already do motion control for the mobile series, please direct me to them. I will be forever in your debt.
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Cobesters, thanks for reaching out. We currently have Hyperlapse, Motionlapse and Timelapse  and a lot more, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.

Thank you for your support.
2020-10-23
Use props
Cobesters
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 06:21
Hello Cobesters, thanks for reaching out. We currently have Hyperlapse, Motionlapse and Timelapse  and a lot more, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your reply, the existence of those features is exactly what would make this so easy to implement. Thanks again.
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules