o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This looks amazing -

Drone Rescue introduces parachute system for DJI M300

The Matrice 300 is the latest generation of drones for commercial applications from DJI. With a flight time of up to 55 minutes, the latest AI functions and advanced detection and positioning system, the DJI M300 represents one of the most advanced flight systems on the market. By developing the DRS-M300, Drone Rescue Systems has created a further parachute system for this drone, which is available as of now.
“Based on the technical performance of the DJI M300, we expect this flight system to match the success of the other DJI models. So it was obvious to us to develop a parachute system for this new model as well”, reports Andreas Ploier, CEO and co-founder of Drone Rescue Systems GmbH. Similar to the DJI models already established on the market, the DJI M300 enables a wide range of industry-specific applications. “As with other flight systems, the aim here is to protect the drone with the sometimes cost-intensive cameras and sensor systems in the event of a malfunction. We want to ensure that the drone can be safely recaptured even in an emergency, including Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS). With our parachute system, this is always possible due to the electronics being completely independent of the
flight controller,” says Ploier.
In the development of the new parachute system, attention was also paid to ensuring that the flight time or range as well as the payload capacity is only minimally affected. Nevertheless, the system must provide maximum protection for people and material. For example, the DRS-M300-S1 parachute system weighs 490gr. “We will also launch a smaller system, the DRS-M300-S2, with a total weight of 440g. This parachute system has slightly smaller dimensions because the parachute will be smaller. However,
we expect that most customers will tend to prefer the S1 version because the kinetic energy at impact is even lower than that of the S2 version,” Ploier explains.
As with all other parachute systems from Drone Rescue Systems, the Austrian company decided not to install pyrotechnics or CO2 cartridges as a release mechanism, as this reduced weight. Furthermore the
renouncement of pyrotechnics has a positive effect on the transport possibilities because the parachute system is not subject to safety regulations or dangerous goods regulations. Instead of the usual
pyrotechnics on the market, a robust catapult system ejects the parachute from the carbon tube.
The DRS-M300, like all other parachute systems from Drone Rescue Systems, is subject to the same product philosophy of Ploier and his colleagues: all systems must be completely autonomous, lightweight, reusable and non-pyrotechnically designed. In addition, the systems must release quickly
and reliably. Therefore, the rescue systems are equipped with a quick release mechanism and with a parachute in a cross canopy design, which provides great pendulum and wind stability. Thus, damaged drones can be quickly transferred into a stable sink phase even from a low height, thus reducing the kinetic impact energy. Thanks to the “Mount & Fly” function, installation of the DRS parachute system is simple. By using a bayonet lock, the low-maintenance DRS system can be mounted to a DJI M300 at any
time without great mechanical effort. This means that the system can be mounted within seconds after the drone has been taken out of the case. This creates a reliable connection between the drone and the parachute rescue system, which ensures that the rescue system remains firmly attached to the drone even during unsteady flight or strong vibrations.
About Drone Rescue Systems
Drone Rescue Systems GmbH, awarded by the European Space Agency (ESNC-2016), developed the fastest and most efficient parachute safety solution for drones available on the market right now. The parachute safety solution works autonomously and independent from the drone and ejects the parachute in a fraction of a second, enabling a safe commercial and private drone usage even over crowed places.
The main goals of the Drome Rescue-products are to reduce the risk of harming people on the ground and to bring down the expensive equipment safely when it comes to a malfunction of drones up in the air.
https://uasweekly.com/2020/10/22/drone-rescue-introduces-parachute-system-for-dji-m300/
2020-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool thing.
Probably not for Mavic Mini
2020-10-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a cool feature - thanks for sharing
2020-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-23 22:59
Thats a cool feature - thanks for sharing

Its great,  a bit big to bolt onto a Mavic series sadly and not really cost effective either.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 01:11
Its great,  a bit big to bolt onto a Mavic series sadly and not really cost effective either.

A cool feature - if you have a Matrice 300 RTK that is
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 01:12
A cool feature - if you have a Matrice 300 RTK that is

It really is.  
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately that is slightly beyond my personal needs but as with most of the top end crafts perhaps we'll see a similar design added to the prosumer drones in the years to come.
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 01:25
Unfortunately that is slightly beyond my personal needs but as with most of the top end crafts perhaps we'll see a similar design added to the prosumer drones in the years to come.

Knowing my luck it would land somewhere I couldn't gain access to anyway.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 01:38
Knowing my luck it would land somewhere I couldn't gain access to anyway.

The North Sea lol - would help protect the drone more with bird attacks and potential redundancy failure of the aircraft systems over land though - at least for being able to retrieve the drone to ship back under warranty and obviously to minimise risk to third party injury - I expect something like this will be added by the EASA in a few years. Remote ID first by the look of it.

On a separate note - what is your understanding of the A3 subcategory as both the MA2 and M2P will be pushed into that from 31/12/20 unless we sit the A2 CofC exam. Specifically 'no people in the flight area' - what distance is that as A2 legacy with the CofC states 50m. Am I right in thinking that you must not be able to see anyone around you, even hundreds of metres away, before you fly in the A3?
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 01:43
The North Sea lol - would help protect the drone more with bird attacks and potential redundancy failure of the aircraft systems over land though - at least for being able to retrieve the drone to ship back under warranty and obviously to minimise risk to third party injury - I expect something like this will be added by the EASA in a few years. Remote ID first by the look of it.

On a separate note - what is your understanding of the A3 subcategory as both the MA2 and M2P will be pushed into that from 31/12/20 unless we sit the A2 CofC exam. Specifically 'no people in the flight area' - what distance is that as A2 legacy with the CofC states 50m. Am I right in thinking that you must not be able to see anyone around you, even hundreds of metres away, before you fly in the A3?

C3 unless there is a software update to introduce the minimum speed of 6.7mph.  
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 02:55
C3 unless there is a software update to introduce the minimum speed of 6.7mph.

Are you going to take the A2 CofC to fly in the A2 category?
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 03:14
Are you going to take the A2 CofC to fly in the A2 category?

If it moves to 100% online I might,  I think Heliguy was looking at that,  if not I might wait and see what happens about being challenged,  I usually try to fly by stealth and so far not really had any questions and I don't see that changing any time soon.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 03:18
If it moves to 100% online I might,  I think Heliguy was looking at that,  if not I might wait and see what happens about being challenged,  I usually try to fly by stealth and so far not really had any questions and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Exactly my thoughts too. Yep, I noticed Heliguy are moving to 100% on line but still £250 for the course. Whilst the qualification lasts five years the legacy-transition is only two - seems a lot of cash to fly an MA2 essentially as we're allowed to now. I have no intention of doing commercial work and paying upwards of a grand for a commercial liability indemnity policy.

I may also take the stealthier route going forward.
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 03:24
Exactly my thoughts too. Yep, I noticed Heliguy are moving to 100% on line but still £250 for the course. Whilst the qualification lasts five years the legacy-transition is only two - seems a lot of cash to fly an MA2 essentially as we're allowed to now. I have no intention of doing commercial work and paying upwards of a grand for a commercial liability indemnity policy.

I may also take the stealthier route going forward.

I was approached on this forum to do some commercial work flying around container ships,   I thought it might have been a scam but if something like that came up it would pay for the course and the insurance Id be up for it.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 03:26
I was approached on this forum to do some commercial work flying around container ships,   I thought it might have been a scam but if something like that came up it would pay for the course and the insurance Id be up for it.

If you intend to do any paid work then indeed, it's going to be worth it. Otherwise the MM2 (as and when it actually hits the shelf) may be more appealing.
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 03:28
If you intend to do any paid work then indeed, it's going to be worth it. Otherwise the MM2 (as and when it actually hits the shelf) may be more appealing.

Have you ever been offered paid work on here?
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 03:32
Have you ever been offered paid work on here?

Not on here - I have been approached by Freewell to review some ND filters they wanted to send me but I didn't trust it as wanted my address to send them to so politely declined (plus I tend to only use DJI's own ND's or Polar Pro).  
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 03:35
Not on here - I have been approached by Freewell to review some ND filters they wanted to send me but I didn't trust it as wanted my address to send them to so politely declined (plus I tend to only use DJI's own ND's or Polar Pro).

I have polar pro filters,  and then I gave the freewell variable nd out and I haven't used the polar pro ones since,  its just too damn convenient.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 07:46
I have polar pro filters,  and then I gave the freewell variable nd out and I haven't used the polar pro ones since,  its just too damn convenient.

I have had my eye on the VND filters. They certainly look easier to use
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 08:09
I have had my eye on the VND filters. They certainly look easier to use

They are an absolute joy compared to the regular.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 08:28
They are an absolute joy compared to the regular.

Do they cause banding issues when taking panos like polarisers do?
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 08:28
Do they cause banding issues when taking panos like polarisers do?

Not that Ive seen. All the panos Ive posted here have had it fitted.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 08:43
Not that Ive seen. All the panos Ive posted here have had it fitted.

You're tempting me towards it mate!
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-24 09:08
You're tempting me towards it mate!

Compared to the polar pro they are quite cheap as well.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 09:12
Compared to the polar pro they are quite cheap as well.

I can imagine - I'll never forget the polar pro filters for the Spark costing a fifth of the price of the drone!
2020-10-24
Use props
Ruzhye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

Cool product, thanks for sharing.
2020-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain