Features of Pocket 2
6277 13 2020-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark4Me
lvl.2
Germany

Hi forum

I am sooooo disappointed by lacking features of Osmo Pocket 1, I cannot tell you.
I just sent it back to amazon, as there is so much missing I really want in this device.

Now all my hopes lie on the pocket 2.

So are there any of these features available in pocket 2?

- Orbit mode (predefined path) for continous shooting
- Orbit mode (predefined path) for hyperlapse shooting
- Timelapse Video in 4k 50p instead of FIXED 1080p30 in pocket 1
- Timelapse Interval <2sec for video AND video+photo mode
- Storymode in 4k instead of FIXED 1080p30
- Switch of screen during timelapse, to save battery

Sorry, but there are tons of requests for these features for years in the forum, and nothing changed.

Cheers

Spark4Me

2020-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Spark4Me, thank you for reaching out. We currently have Active Track 3.0, Story Mode, Timelapse, 4x zooming, Glamour Effects and many more, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.

Thank you.
2020-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, thanks for your attention to Osmo Pocket 2, here are brief answers to your questions.
- Orbit mode (predefined path) for continous shootingThis feature is not available

- Orbit mode (predefined path) for hyperlapse shooting
Osmo Pocket 2 supports Motionlapse which adds smooth camera movement.

- Timelapse Video in 4k 50p instead of FIXED 1080p30 in pocket 1
The video generated by Timelapse can be set to 1080P, 30FPS/25FPS/24FPS, but you could stitch video via the third-party software to a higher resolution.

- Timelapse Interval <2sec for video AND video+photo mode
The interval of Timelapse supports 0.5S-60s, it also supports video+JPEG and video+RAW.

- Storymode in 4k instead of FIXED 1080p30
Story Mode only supports 1080P, 30FPS at the moment.

- Switch of screen during timelapse, to save battery
When using Touchscreen to record Timelapse, the screen cannot be switched off during Timelapse, but your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for attention.

2020-10-23
Use props
Spark4Me
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks for answering.

Just do clarify. Motion Timelapse can shoot JPEG/RAW pictures at a rate of 0,5s?
And at what resolution?

Tnx

Spark4Me
2020-10-23
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

What is needed to elevate timelapse from a novelty item to a usable function is the "photo only" mode, since Pocket cannot record time lapse in anything higher than 1080p, and video+photo hinders the short intervals. Funny enough more than a year old Osmo Action can record 4K (and 2.7K) time lapses without breaking a sweat.
2020-10-23
Use props
Spark4Me
lvl.2
Germany

@DJI: You really should think about this.

To make motion timelapse usable in real life, shorter intervals are crucial.
0,5s will give you a decent timelapse effect, while not taking too long to shoot.
To get a 10 second clip with 3s interval, you need to wait 25 Minutes for each shot.

@CemAygun: I even would prefer video only, as long as it is 4k with interval 1s or less. Raw Picture mode would be a nice, but very space consuming.
2020-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spark4Me Posted at 10-23 08:05
Thanks for answering.

Just do clarify. Motion Timelapse can shoot JPEG/RAW pictures at a rate of 0,5s?

Sorry, to be more precise, for Timelapse and Motionlapse, if the interval is set to 0.5s, the photos are unable to be saved since the interval time is too short, only the video can be shoot.
In other words, if you would like to save video+JPEG, the minimum interval you could select is 3s.
If you would like to save video+RAW, the minimum interval you could select is 4s.
For video only, the internal can be set from 0.5s to 60s.
Hyperlapse supports resolution of 1080P, 2.7K and 4K.
2020-10-24
Use props
Spark4Me
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks again for clarification.

So at the moment the osmo does not meet my needs I described in my last post

But if you add orbit mode (predefined path) to hyperlapse, I would be happy. I cannot think of any technical limitation, which prevents this from beeing implemented.
2020-10-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Spark4Me Posted at 10-23 23:55
@DJI: You really should think about this.

To make motion timelapse usable in real life, shorter intervals are crucial.

4K time lapse video only would also be my first choice, and luckily we have it with the Osmo Action. For some reason Pocket (1 or 2) cannot do it. So my second best option was a fast "photo only" mode

I also agree with short intervals, and they should preferably come with "as long as possible" exposure times as well. At the moment OA can record  a 4K timelapse video with a 2 seconds interval which can have up to 1.3 seconds exposure time.

Honestly when you say someone they can only take a single shot every 3 seconds in the time lapse mode, it should better be a full resolution HDR photo every frame.
2020-10-24
Use props
djiuser_vPjL8ZjeQhut
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-24 01:00
Sorry, to be more precise, for Timelapse and Motionlapse, if the interval is set to 0.5s, the photos are unable to be saved since the interval time is too short, only the video can be shoot.
In other words, if you would like to save video+JPEG, the minimum interval you could select is 3s.
If you would like to save video+RAW, the minimum interval you could select is 4s.

Just here to post my support for the addition of a 4K video option for motionlapse. Limiting the output to 1080p is absolutely ridiculous when other action cameras have been able to output timelapse videos in 4K resolution for at least 3 years now. Because of this limitation, using an Osmo Pocket to create a 4K lapse requires the user to choose the video+photo option, which limits us to at minimum a 3-second interval. There are a number of applications that an interval of that length diminishes the look of the timelapse. It’s even more frustrating to know that hyperlapse can output in 4K, while motionlapse on the same camera cannot. Please pass along to the engineers that there are more than just a few users that would like to see this feature added. Thank you very much.
2020-10-24
Use props
Spark4Me
lvl.2
Germany

And another limitation I forgot to mention. As the screen does not switch off, battery lasts only 120min shooting time. Which means 2400 frames. Converted to 50fps, this means 48 seconds of final clip with one full battery. Thats next to useless.

Unfortunately I dont think DJI is listening to our requests. The 4k timelapse was requested for the Pocket 1 more than one year ago by many other users without anyone caring.  Instead they are implementing useless story mode, wich is also useless, as it is limited to 1080p and this ridicoulus mandatory music.

2020-10-24
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-10-23 06:35
Hi there, thanks for your attention to Osmo Pocket 2, here are brief answers to your questions.
- Orbit mode (predefined path) for continous shootingThis feature is not available

I just shot my first time lapse and it doesn't even look like 1080p. I have a 1.5 hour long time lapse that is only 341 MB in size. Can you stop having retarded default settings? I don't even know how to increase the resolution, the UI is nearly unusable. Very upset with this honestly. It wouldve been a nice timelapse, I get home and it's 1920x1080.

Catching up with the comments.

In summary:

1. Broken face-tracking? Check.
2. Timelapse limited to 1080p? Check.

This device is quickly becoming a paper-weight.

2021-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_NtehCobtEfum Posted at 8-10 16:24
I just shot my first time lapse and it doesn't even look like 1080p. I have a 1.5 hour long time lapse that is only 341 MB in size. Can you stop having retarded default settings? I don't even know how to increase the resolution, the UI is nearly unusable. Very upset with this honestly. It wouldve been a nice timelapse, I get home and it's 1920x1080.

Catching up with the comments.

Hi there, you can refer to the video below to see if it helps. Or you may also check the user manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 1.2_EN_20210325.pdf
2021-9-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Much of what is discussed here would seem to be niche applications for the camera - perhaps a key buying decision for about 1% of potential customers.  I doubt whether it would be commercially worthwhile for DJI to put in the development time to address these issues, especially as the camera has been available for some time and has been extremely successful as it stands.  It's also worth wondering whether DJI are losing sales over these issues because people are buying competitor gimbal cameras instead.  That I rather doubt.

Bear in mind also that a key design objective of the device is that the load on the processor isn't such as to cause thermal shutdows.  Perhaps that consideration has restricted what the camera can offer in respect of the requested features.

2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules