7615 8 2020-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CurtF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 718399 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been trying to set up my Sony a 7R4 to the DJI RS2 now for two days with lots of headaches and varied results. I am using the Raveneye and I can get it to work but if it is working showing video on my phone the camera will not record. If I  push the record button on the RS 2, nothing happens where if I push the record button in the app it does record but it only records into the app not on the camera. If I add a fourth cable to the set up being a USB see cable from the upper port on the gimbal to the middle port on the camera, the camera record button on the gimbal works and if I press the record button in the app the camera records. But by plugging this cable in a blues video to the app. In the camera I have set the PC control to USB and turned off the smart phone control.

No camera record with this

No camera record with this

No video in app with this

No video in app with this
2020-10-23
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

the usb cable should go to the gimbal > not to the raveneye

read the manual

2020-10-23
Use props
CurtF
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 10-23 07:51
the usb cable should go to the gimbal > not to the raveneye

read the manual

I have read the manual. Which usb cable are you referring too?  Do you have a photo of a setup that works? Please look at my photos, when I connect the usc-c to usc-c cable from the the camera to the gimbal, it does record but I loose the video in the app and the video in the gimbal.
2020-10-23
Use props
CurtF
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

resolved with this wiring configuration
2020-10-23
Use props
Prezmc
lvl.1
United States

CurtF Posted at 10-23 08:43
[view_image] resolved with this wiring configuration

I have a similar problem with the A7R2, but even wired like you have at the end here, no video on the phone. Can you share your sony camera software config (USB and HDMI settings?).
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CurtF Posted at 10-23 08:43
[view_image] resolved with this wiring configuration

Very cool set up - glad it's resolved
2020-10-29
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

Prezmc Posted at 10-28 19:59
I have a similar problem with the A7R2, but even wired like you have at the end here, no video on the phone. Can you share your sony camera software config (USB and HDMI settings?).

Do you guys know that for video to phone you need to turn off Bluetooth (the connection to your gimbal) and turn ON a wifi connection to Raveneye?
2020-10-29
Use props
Prezmc
lvl.1
United States

manz187 Posted at 10-29 16:21
Do you guys know that for video to phone you need to turn off Bluetooth (the connection to your gimbal) and turn ON a wifi connection to Raveneye?

yup.  The software tells you to turn off bluetooth.  Although, if you've made a wifi connection to the raveneye, killing bluetooth is to reduce interference.

As per the issues with the A7R2 - there is another thread specific to it now, and DJI has responded.  There is a compatibility issue with the R2 trying to record 4k and using raven eye.  
2020-10-30
Use props
djiuser_z8lVokvsTc2o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1256407 ft
United States

I have the same problem with the dji rs2 raveneye I have the Sony a7riii and when I put it in video mode and the screen stays black, I want to know what to do with that problem
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules