Active track - great. But!
1062 8 2020-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

So we got internal active track now, great...

Now I wonder how long it will take the clever people at DJI to realize that we need a rule of thirds option in the tracking mechanism in order to make it remotely useful.

So lets have 9 dots to choose from as to where the face/object track should be put..  like lower, middle, upper, left, center and right.

Now if you wanna be real fancy, let the face tracker auto default to upper thirds and based on which way the head is turning, it tracks slightly to the left or to the right of the center..

comeon DJI show me you are the best! you can doooo it.. good boy.
2020-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-10-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great suggestion
2020-10-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for letting us know your product experience with the RS2 and ActiveTrack function. We have forwarded your feedback to our Research team for further upgrading, many thanks for your attention!
2020-10-24
Use props
JimInTaos
lvl.1
United States

Sort of fumbling around on this forum looking for info on the OM4 active track.  This seems to be as close as I've come in the last half an hour.  The question has to do with selecting what to track.  I have no problem getting it to track my face, but what I really want to do is have it track my hand(s) as I work at my bench.  Can this be done?
2020-10-24
Use props
Rick Vestuto
lvl.3

United States

JimInTaos Posted at 10-24 11:46
Sort of fumbling around on this forum looking for info on the OM4 active track.  This seems to be as close as I've come in the last half an hour.  The question has to do with selecting what to track.  I have no problem getting it to track my face, but what I really want to do is have it track my hand(s) as I work at my bench.  Can this be done?

Active tracking tracks whatever I put in front of it
Just draw a box around your face , hand, vehicle, cat it really doesn't matter
DJI is ONLY using contrast-based tracking
so the higher the contrast the better tracking is

EXAMPLE:
wear a black or white glove and watch how good the tracking is
2020-10-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rick Vestuto Posted at 10-25 15:31
Active tracking tracks whatever I put in front of it
Just draw a box around your face , hand, vehicle, cat it really doesn't matter
DJI is ONLY using contrast-based tracking

Great suggestion on the glove!
2020-10-27
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this same question about ActiveTrack on the DJI drones.  Why in the heck does the subject have to stay in the center of the screen?  
2020-10-27
Use props
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

fortunately after receiving my RS2 (FINALLY) I realized you can use the joystick to move your tracked subject to anywhere on the screen. So that fixes the center problem for me. I dont know if drones have any similar feature
2020-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules