RavenEye not successfully connecting to iPhone
16494 34 2020-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

Hey there - Just getting used to this forum - Sorry for the multiple posts elsewhere - dont know how to delete posts -  cannot figure out how to get the RavenEye to connect to my iPhone (xs Max iOs 14.0.1). Always an error. Read the guide, tried all the things there and those prompted on the phone. Still no Joy. What Am I missing? Where do I go for help?

-Red light on RavenEye
-Phone Bluetooth Off
-Private Address turned off
-Accepts Password
-"Unable to connect to.... "

2020-10-23
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are getting a red led on the transmitter then something is not right on your HDMI or RSS cable connections.
It needs to be blue to launch and connect to the app.
2020-10-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, could you please tell us your camera model here? You can also check the compatibility of the RavenEye on the Camera via https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf to see if the cable you use is correctly connected?
2020-10-24
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-24 02:00
Hello there, could you please tell us your camera model here? You can also check the compatibility of the RavenEye on the Camera via https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_RS_2/DJI_Ronin_RavenEye_Image_Transmission_System_Compatibility_List_en.pdf to see if the cable you use is correctly connected?

Thanks Wanda for the quick response. The camera is the unsupported Canon 70D. (waiting, like so many, for my Sony A7s III )

Are you suggesting that the RavenEye will not connect to wifi or the app unless a supported camera is attached? I knew that I might not be able to use the 70D fully, but wanted to confirm that the hardware was functioning.
2020-10-24
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

KS-6 Posted at 10-23 22:20
If you are getting a red led on the transmitter then something is not right on your HDMI or RSS cable connections.

That is very useful information! Thanks - that kind of information I would hope to find in the documentation. Is it there somewhere and I missed it?
2020-10-24
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

TimPR Posted at 10-24 05:49
That is very useful information! Thanks - that kind of information I would hope to find in the documentation. Is it there somewhere and I missed it?

why no one looking at the downloads for the manuals????

https://www.dji.com/at/rs-2/downloads

and here you will find all information about your upcoming A7sIII with the RS-2

https://www.dji.com/at/support/compatibility/rs-2/a7s3

2020-10-24
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

What is the current firmware?
2020-10-24
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

Niknik Posted at 10-24 13:11

Firmware for the RavenEye? There is no way to tell without connecting to the device as far as I know. Do you know a way? The rs2 pro kit is days old.
2020-10-24
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

Niknik Posted at 10-24 13:11

Firmware for the RavenEye? There is no way to tell without connecting to the device as far as I know. Do you know a way? The rs2 pro kit is days old.
2020-10-24
Use props
fans80828607
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100912 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

Hi TimPR, do having having issues connecting to the phone via WI-FI or the problem is when you choose "Connect to RavenEye" from the app?

I was able to connect to RavenEye WI-FI from my phone but when I open the app after 2 or 3 seconds it get disconnected with message: "RavenEve channel swithched automatically. Reconnect to RavenEye WI-FI to complete switching channel." I have a case open with DJI for this...

Error Message

Error Message
2020-10-24
Use props
fans80828607
lvl.1
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

2020-10-24
Use props
fans80828607
lvl.1
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

This is the error every time I open the app after successful connection from the phone to the RavenEye WI-FI.
2020-10-24
Use props
DBounce
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Just got the DJI RSC2 Combo Pack and the RavenEye just blinks with two white lights. When I try to connect it takes me to a screen that shows my granted permissions... everything is granted. My only option from that screen is to hit the back arrow. It then takes me back to the app with the option to connect to RavenEye yet again... which repeats the process all over again. I’m not sure how to proceed past this point. There is nothing in the manual as to how RavenEye should be connected btw. But I assume it is connected correctly. My configuration is below:

iPhone 11 Pro Max
Sony A7SIII

I primarily purchased this gimbal to act as a camera man using the RavenEye tracking feature. But that is clearly not working atm. Any thoughts?
2020-10-24
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

fans80828607 Posted at 10-24 15:20
This is the error every time I open the app after successful connection from the phone to the RavenEye WI-FI.

You have gotten further than me. I have yet to get a successful connection. I'm hoping we can establish the criteria for a successful connection and then I can see if I have your problem or not. Hoping others who have solved your issue (or dji) will chime in to help.
2020-10-24
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

DBounce Posted at 10-24 15:20
Just got the DJI RSC2 Combo Pack and the RavenEye just blinks with two white lights. When I try to connect it takes me to a screen that shows my granted permissions... everything is granted. My only option from that screen is to hit the back arrow. It then takes me back to the app with the option to connect to RavenEye yet again... which repeats the process all over again. I’m not sure how to proceed past this point. There is nothing in the manual as to how RavenEye should be connected btw. But I assume it is connected correctly. My configuration is below:

iPhone 11 Pro Max

I think the 2 white lights are your battery level/battery charging lights. The more oval light to the right is the power light. If you hold the button down for a few seconds it should show (Manual RavenEye pdf - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_RS_2/DJI_Ronin_RavenEye_Image_Transmission_System_User_Guide_v1.0_en.pdf):

So roughly:Red - Not connected/not connected correctly (wires, supported camera, etc.)
Blue - Ready to connect
Solid Green  - connected
Status.png
2020-10-24
Use props
CRACVISION
lvl.1
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Hi DBounce, I have the exact same issue, sorry to tell you this but I’m glad that I’m not alone on this. I have an open case with DJI, I sent a video to them with the error and they will forward it to the technical team to find a solution, not sure about that but lets see.... As soon I have an answer from them I’ll let you know.
2020-10-24
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

Just got the DJI RSC2 Combo Pack and the RavenEye just blinks with two white lights. When I try to connect it takes me to a screen that shows my granted permissions... everything is granted. My only option from that screen is to hit the back arrow. It then takes me back to the app with the option to connect to RavenEye yet again... which repeats the process all over again. I’m not sure how to proceed past this point. There is nothing in the manual as to how RavenEye should be connected btw. But I assume it is connected correctly. My configuration is below:

iPhone 11 Pro Max

I haven't had any issues with the RavenEye, everything is working great.... so far.

This is my setup:
Sony a7sIII - Sigma 28-70mm
iPhone 8 Plus - iOS 14.1
Ronin app - 1.4.1

I haven't tried it with my iPad Pro, I'm guessing it will work just as well.
2020-10-25
Use props
ereish
New

United States

Was anyone able to resolve this issue?
2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_1lHFQEiqJFky
lvl.1

Canada

fans80828607 Posted at 10-24 15:12
Hi TimPR, do having having issues connecting to the phone via WI-FI or the problem is when you choose "Connect to RavenEye" from the app?

I was able to connect to RavenEye WI-FI from my phone but when I open the app after 2 or 3 seconds it get disconnected with message: "RavenEve channel swithched automatically. Reconnect to RavenEye WI-FI to complete switching channel." I have a case open with DJI for this...

I tried the RavenEye for the first time on Monday morning Nov 2nd, and it worked AMAZINGLY well for two straight hours. Then I tried it again that afternoon to show it off to a coworker, and this problem came up. I was so puzzled.

I tried everything, reseting the unit's password, different phone. I even let it drain to empty overnight and recharged it the next morning. Nothing worked. Only thing I haven't tried is a different environment with different WiFi networks.

It's so crazy how it worked once and never again.
2020-11-4
Use props
Zilker
New
United States

I have the RavenEye with the a7SIII with no problem. Use it with the iPhone 11 Pro, Ninja V, and the latest iPad Pro. The app is a little squirrelly. As is the cabling. Cabling has to be exactly right. And there's two cables both labeled Sony. Only one works with the RavenEye. I finally found the online documentation to get all that right. The Bluetooth on the iOS device has to be OFF in order for the RavenEye to work. Do what you have to do to register and get the RavenEye to appear as a possible WiFi connection in your list of connections on your iOS device. Connect to the RavenEye WiFi on your iOS device (I think you can connect using the QR code to make all of this easy). Push the button on the RavenEye until it cycles through all the lights and the RED light turns on. Remember make sure your Bluetooth is off, connect to the RavenEye WiFi on your iOS device and launch the DJI Ronin app. If it's making connection, it'll launch automatically and immediately. I find it to be a very fast and very solid connection. Also I know on the a7SIII, you have to turn on HDMI output setting to Auto or 1080. If it's set to 4K (2160p) it won't work. Took me a while to figure that one out.
2020-11-5
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

Hi TimPR ,
I came to a similar problem - what I did, I removed the RAVEN Eye network from the phone (Advanced settings) and then after reconnecting the RAVENEYE Wi-Fi I was prompted for the password and it works.
Be careful maybe you have to change the password right away (that is the method from RAVENEYE) you have to do it again...
I think you should try that…
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_1lHFQEiqJFky
lvl.1

Canada

CRACVISION Posted at 10-24 17:42
Hi DBounce, I have the exact same issue, sorry to tell you this but I’m glad that I’m not alone on this. I have an open case with DJI, I sent a video to them with the error and they will forward it to the technical team to find a solution, not sure about that but lets see.... As soon I have an answer from them I’ll let you know.

Did you resolve this yet?
2020-11-22
Use props
Yantartis
New
Flight distance : 53077 ft
Spain

I try to connect to my RaveEye but it tells me that the RavenEye Wi-Fi was not found, the fact is that yesterday it was connected but later it is as if the channel had been lost and my mobile cannot find it, someone knows if you can reset the RavenEye?
2020-12-7
Use props
manshmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50023 ft

India

My Raven eye was connected through android now I am using iphone the light on Raven eye is blue but it is not connecting help me our on how to reset raven
2020-12-18
Use props
Graphicsguru
New

United States

I am having a similar problem...just a different error message.  I get the blue light, and when asked for a password to connect, and enter it, I get this:
“Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose a device.”   
I have Bluetooth off, but still have not been able to connect.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
2021-1-16
Use props
Wali Mazlomyar
New

Germany

Hey,
I had a problem when I try to connect my IPhone X  to RavenEye via WiFi but it’s failed and then I tried it with my android phone it’s worked.
I changed the WiFi settings in my android Ronin App from 5.8G to 2.4G and now everything works great with my iPhone X
I hope it’s helpful
2021-1-31
Use props
Wali Mazlomyar
New

Germany

2021-1-31
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

abase21 Posted at 2020-11-7 02:12
Hi TimPR ,
I came to a similar problem - what I did, I removed the RAVEN Eye network from the phone (Advanced settings) and then after reconnecting the RAVENEYE Wi-Fi I was prompted for the password and it works.
Be careful maybe you have to change the password right away (that is the method from RAVENEYE) you have to do it again...

Thanks. I'll try to find someone with an android. I'm back trying to get this $1000 device to work. Had to set it aside for a few months to do work. Still no joy.
2021-2-4
Use props
djiuser_9Vhufr7pCSLh
New
United Kingdom

Graphicsguru Posted at 1-16 09:48
I am having a similar problem...just a different error message.  I get the blue light, and when asked for a password to connect, and enter it, I get this:
“Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose a device.”   
I have Bluetooth off, but still have not been able to connect.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

I get the same error... what to do?
2021-3-26
Use props
mrtracker
New
United Kingdom

I got it to work with my Android phone by connecting with the Raveneye using the WiFi settings in Android, which disconnects the phone from my home WiFi and I lose internet connection. Once that was done, I went into the DJI app and on choosing to connect with the Raveneye, it displaced the control screen and I could see the view of the camera and control the gimbal.
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_3EsPuxmX0k3o
New

France

Raveneye. Impossible  to connect To my Phone blackberry key one ,blue light on the raveneye via camera z6 nikon  any suggestion?
2021-4-13
Use props
FlytFotoCreativ
lvl.2
United States

Zilker Posted at 2020-11-5 19:29
I have the RavenEye with the a7SIII with no problem. Use it with the iPhone 11 Pro, Ninja V, and the latest iPad Pro. The app is a little squirrelly. As is the cabling. Cabling has to be exactly right. And there's two cables both labeled Sony. Only one works with the RavenEye. I finally found the online documentation to get all that right. The Bluetooth on the iOS device has to be OFF in order for the RavenEye to work. Do what you have to do to register and get the RavenEye to appear as a possible WiFi connection in your list of connections on your iOS device. Connect to the RavenEye WiFi on your iOS device (I think you can connect using the QR code to make all of this easy). Push the button on the RavenEye until it cycles through all the lights and the RED light turns on. Remember make sure your Bluetooth is off, connect to the RavenEye WiFi on your iOS device and launch the DJI Ronin app. If it's making connection, it'll launch automatically and immediately. I find it to be a very fast and very solid connection. Also I know on the a7SIII, you have to turn on HDMI output setting to Auto or 1080. If it's set to 4K (2160p) it won't work. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Thanks for this detailed information. I was having issues with the Raven Eye connecting to not only my Wi-Fi but also to my Sony A7SIII until I followed your steps. I would never have known about changing the external HDMI settings to 1080p to make the RE display properly if not for your post. Thank you again.
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_xoTr0N8Nkzi8
New

United States

does raven eye work with iphone 12 max pro? thanks
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_X0CMxJufEVCk
New

United States

KS-6 Posted at 2020-10-23 22:20
If you are getting a red led on the transmitter then something is not right on your HDMI or RSS cable connections.

That’s not true. I have the blue light on with three flashing power lights and it’s not connecting to WiFi either. Bout to return this thing
2021-5-14
Use props
fans8f950781
lvl.1
United States

can anyone help me please.  i’ve been looking all over for a solution but can’t find one. i’m using a canon r10 with the ronnin rs3 and raven eye. before i start everything worked properly until i removed the raven eye to charge it after that i could no longer see the camera from the app. everything works properly just no display in the app and no active tracking because the screen is blank. even tho the screen is blank i can still move my iphone and the gimbal will follow whatever direction i move the iphone .      thank you
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules