307 13 2020-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DQKev
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

All Software/Apps are up2date.
My Drone after starting, randomly trys to flight in different locations forward etc. Like the Hold Position, but much more aggressive.
And when started in Slow Mode, after moving the Stick the Drone flys like in Sport Modes. When then switching mode to Slow. That Agressivity is gone and she flys normaly.
But normal is that behaivor not, or?

Sorry for my not perfect english
2020-10-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... if it were "normal", many pilots would report that.

You should think about what you did in sequence when you first started up.
Perhaps also refer to the operating instructions for advice ...

2020-10-24
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

How many satellites did you have locked when you took off?
2020-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there DQKev. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues regarding the response of your DJI Mavic Air 2. What I can advise is to kindly check which mode is the remote on, please switch it in N-Mode (Normal Mode) then calibrate the IMU then the compass before the test flight. In addition, please check for any error message or prompts on the DJI Fly application during the flight. You may kindly refer to the instruction below regarding the IMU calibration and Compass calibration.

IMU calibration.
1. Find a level surface.
2. Power on the drone, remote controller and open the DJI Fly app.
3. In the settings menu, go to the “Safety” tab.
4. Under “IMU”, tap on “Calibrate”.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the calibration.
2020-10-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Bu default aa MA2 starts in N mode, despite in wich the manual switch is postioned on the RC.

Slow mode = ??   

cheers
JJB
2020-10-25
Use props
DQKev
lvl.1
Germany

JJB* Posted at 10-25 02:14
Hi,

Bu default aa MA2 starts in N mode, despite in wich the manual switch is postioned on the RC.

@MisterFrag It was ~above 10
@DJI Gamora After the first crash of the drone just flying to the right side. I put new rotors on, calibrated IMU and Compass. And after that just the same

@JJB* Yea i switched to Slow before Start. And it was very agressive on flying like on Sport.

i Will investigate this further to see where the problem could be. I hope only user problem.
2020-10-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DQKev Posted at 10-26 11:19
@MisterFrag It was ~above 10
@DJI Gamora After the first crash of the drone just flying to the right side. I put new rotors on, calibrated IMU and Compass. And after that just the same

Hi

Guess your SLow = C mode for a MA2.

But a MA2 will always startup in N mode, even in switch is not in the middle position.
If you like post your flightlog ob here, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Log will explain more.

cheers
JJB
2020-10-26
Use props
DQKev
lvl.1
Germany

I don't know if a "manuel takeoff" could be the problem.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/UBNSQ4VDPNGIPUF4AJ4W/
We started it in House and as you can see only the lift stick was used to rotate. It flighted just the side and crashed with an object without any movement mades by us
2020-10-27
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DQKev Posted at 10-27 01:09
We started it in House and as you can see only the lift stick was used to rotate. It flighted just the side and crashed with an object without any movement mades by us

I'm not a fan of sensors. The MA2 receives 13! satellites in my living room. The MP sometimes 2-3. If you have to fly in the living room, then without sensors – it’s not a Tesla... GPS is OK, but don’t push RTH.
2020-10-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DQKev Posted at 10-27 01:09
We started it in House and as you can see only the lift stick was used to rotate. It flighted just the side and crashed with an object without any movement mades by us

Hi,

If you fly inside your house ; you did not not have a GPS lock.

If enough light and visible reference your MA2 will fly in OPTI mode ; this uses the visual sensors to keep position. BUT if OPTI isn`t possible if will fly in ATTI mode!

In ATTI mode craft is hard to control as is will not 'brake' when stick are all at zero.

Your MA2 enterd ATTI mode...

My advice, fly for the first hours outside, free open space and learn how to fly.
1 - wait for GPS lock
2 - always check compass before each flight (so not in flight but before flight)

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-10-27
Use props
DQKev
lvl.1
Germany

JJB* Posted at 10-27 01:53
Hi,

If you fly inside your house ; you did not not have a GPS lock.

Ah that helped me alot.
Then it was to dark and the drone could not hold the postion by any sensors.
Ok then its my fault. Good to know. Need to learn more then ;)
2020-10-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DQKev Posted at 10-27 02:00
Ah that helped me alot.
Then it was to dark and the drone could not hold the postion by any sensors.
Ok then its my fault. Good to know. Need to learn more then ;)

Hi,

Just read a lot in the manual  and fly carefully.

see this, it may help you

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=226488
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225017

Many happy landings,
Cheers
JJB
2020-10-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DaMa Posted at 10-27 01:51
I'm not a fan of sensors. The MA2 receives 13! satellites in my living room. The MP sometimes 2-3. If you have to fly in the living room, then without sensors – it’s not a Tesla... GPS is OK, but don’t push RTH.

never ever had any problems with the RTH function, as long as you know its limitations.

I prefer always to fly home manually, but now and then for test i use RTH ; works great
2020-10-27
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 10-27 03:21
never ever had any problems with the RTH function, as long as you know its limitations.

I prefer always to fly home manually, but now and then for test i use RTH ; works great

RTH used only once with the Spark ... There's nothing wrong with using it, but outside please. It was about flying indoor.
2020-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules