Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photos and Videos have lines
410 5 2020-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RHGa2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recently, my Phantom 4 Pro started having lines displayed in some areas that would be overexposed.  For example. clouds in the sky.  I attached a picture showing this.  It is like but not the same, as the overexposure warning.  And it saves to both images and videos.  I have tried everything I can think of but nothing helps.  I have seen suggestions on similar issues that it could be a cable, the image processing board or the camera sensor.

There was no crash or hard landing.  It was fine one day then when I got it back out after a few weeks, had the issue.  At this point, thinking I will need to send it in for repair. But hoping maybe some suggestions to try before I can ship it back Monday.

DJI_0001c.JPG
2020-10-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This has been seen many times before, it is a faulty cable connecting the camera to the main electronics.
2020-10-24
Use props
RHGa2017
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 10-24 15:40
This has been seen many times before, it is a faulty cable connecting the camera to the main electronics.

That was one of the things I thought too.  But a local DJI authorized shop said I needed to send it in and I did mention to them about the cable.  So getting second opinions before I do anything. I definitely would prefer to just replace the cable.  

I did find another thread about this with the exact same issue (the other examples I had seen were not exactly the same but this other thread is exact.)  
It is at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=143497
So I am hoping to find out what that person did and what the result was.

Thanks for the reply.  I still am really hoping to be able to just replace the cable and not be without the drone for a few weeks.
2020-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there RHGa2017. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro.  We can try to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon using a different SD card or to format the SD card before using it on the drone (Kindly back up first your important files from the sd card before formatting it). If in case the issue still persists, we will need to send it in for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.
2020-10-25
Use props
RHGa2017
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-25 02:21
Hello there RHGa2017. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro.  We can try to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon using a different SD card or to format the SD card before using it on the drone (Kindly back up first your important files from the sd card before formatting it). If in case the issue still persists, we will need to send it in for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.

Ok. Thanks. A different SD card makes no difference at all. I will be sending it Monday.
2020-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RHGa2017 Posted at 10-25 06:34
Ok. Thanks. A different SD card makes no difference at all. I will be sending it Monday.

Hi, RHGa2017. Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to know that the issue still persists. Rest assured that once the unit was sent back it will undergo a proper assessment to know what is the root cause of the issue and undergo repairs. Thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules