Pixel 2XL and Android 11 vs FLY App
598 3 2020-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elkhart Sky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 868635 ft
United States

Headed out to fly today, kept getting message RC not connected to mobile device. Tried a differnt cable with the same results. I use a Pixel 2XL phone with the latest version of Android direct from Google. I was able to get the FLY to work fine on my wife's Android 10 device and my Android 9 Tablet. Once I got home I futzed around with it some more but nothing I did would get the Fly app to connect to my phone. Anyone else having this problem, or have any ideas for me?

App version 1.1.9
Android 11 Security update Oct.5, 2020

2020-10-24
Use props
jwood1
New

United States

I have the Pixel 3 (not XL) and it works fine.  Can you open Fly without the drone connected?  I think there is a setting in Fly to have it open automatically upon conection.
2020-10-25
Use props
Elkhart Sky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 868635 ft
United States

jwood1 Posted at 10-25 05:50
I have the Pixel 3 (not XL) and it works fine.  Can you open Fly without the drone connected?  I think there is a setting in Fly to have it open automatically upon conection.

Yes, I can open Fly, but I get the red warning that RC is not connected to mobile device.  I've used this phone with no problems for the last couple of months. I have it set to open Fly when connected, but it no longer works. I just hear a chime when it attempts to connect. I'll just use another device to fly with, and hopefully an update will take care of the problem. Thank you for your reply.
2020-10-25
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

You can try with 1.1.10 version. Maybe is fixed
2020-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now