Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Follow Me - Camera Pont of Interest - New Thoughts
3886 11 2014-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
max
lvl.3

South Africa

A Reality for the Inspire One soon?

2014-11-21
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

Same question.  When will Inspire One have a follow me mode???
2014-11-23
Use props
ghostmaster
lvl.2

Portugal

Maybe... But that is already included in APM and Pixhawk for a long time...
2014-11-23
Use props
RandyHouse
New

United States

definitely needs follow me..... would be fantastic for shooting action camera shots.. snowboarding, biking, following an atv around a ranch. tons of stuff
2014-12-28
Use props
craigarthurson
lvl.2

Nigeria

It would be great I have incorporated follow me on my Phantom 2 vision plus work well have a couple of issues to work out with it but it would be great If DJI would implement it into an app.
At this stage my follow me app requires 2 strong pieces of string attached to the landing gear and the shoulders of my backpack set altitude to 20' with enough cord to have it 30' behind me. Have only attempted this with walking at this stage may try the bicycle next.
Looking for some invisible cord as the one I am using now always seems to be in the video.
2014-12-29
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

craigarthurson@ Posted at 2014-12-29 19:24
It would be great I have incorporated follow me on my Phantom 2 vision plus work well have a couple  ...

Hahaaaaa!  Brilliant
Try fishing gut?
2014-12-30
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

This is the only feature I'm waiting for! As a karting driver I want to be able to have my copter follow me as I drive around the racing track at speed.

Please DJI!
2014-12-30
Use props
craigarthurson
lvl.2

Nigeria

Reading the manual this would seem highly probable with the GPS in the controls and the Inspire1 knowing where each other is I would say it will be forth coming. If you can move around and set a new home point dynamicly to the controllers location then why not.
2015-1-1
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

The Verge got an exclusive interview with some of the engineers at DJI; they said they were working on that but it won't be available at launch day since they needed some time to improve it (same with waypoints). In other words, a future upgrade will take care of that.
2015-1-2
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys with a gps unit in the TX, I would only assume that they could add it in a second. I think the goal right now is to get the base unit out and working. Then work on all the bells and whistles.
Remember the sdk will open up all kinds of cool application.. With a system like this, people can get real creative.
2015-1-2
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow Me is the single worst feature released so far. Since most of the systems use your phone's GPS, which has an accuracy of +/- 30-45 feet, this is practically unusable, and downright dangerous in many situations. Conceptually it is interesting, but implementation is horrible and have a copter fly around at high speeds with nobody to take over if something goes wrong just throws all common sense straight into the toilet.
2015-1-3
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

I think the entire implementation of "Folow me", rests on two important factors

1. Autonomous drone flight
2. Camera point of interest lock

To me, the second is the important one, not the first.
I agree the first can be dangerous, and quite frankly, I can fly a drone more or less fast as safely enough to generally follow the action, for instance, Enduro Racing.
However...

If DJI can devise a short range transmitter to be carried on a person, for instance a signal transmission wrist band, ONLY to keep the camera locked on it, that would be AWESOME!  With the exceptional capabilities of the the 360 degree gimble on the Inspire one, just flying the drone and knowing the camera is pointing to the rider I want to follow, WOULD BE INCREDIBLE!

2015-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules