1234Next >
59888 128 2020-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having just upgraded to the iPhone 12 Pro I am disappointed to find that the magnetic phone holder on the DJI OM4 is now no longer secure, it will hold the phone however you really get the feeling that any fast movement is likely to have the phone falling out of the holder.

Do DJI have any plans to release an updated magnetic holder? If not then the OM4 will be consigned to the draw.
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried the clamp mount with it?
2020-10-25
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 03:14
Have you tried the clamp mount with it?

Sorry, I meant that’s with the clamp mount. The edges of the clamp do not securely hold the phone when the phone is in a phone case. I’m presently using the clear MagSafe cover and the edges do not reach the end of the case, any force abs the phone pops out of the clamp.
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

road2ruin Posted at 10-25 03:17
Sorry, I meant that’s with the clamp mount. The edges of the clamp do not securely hold the phone when the phone is in a phone case. I’m presently using the clear MagSafe cover and the edges do not reach the end of the case, any force abs the phone pops out of the clamp.

I know on the iPhone 11 people complained that the clamp didnt work well with a silicon case.
2020-10-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting find - thank you for sharing
2020-10-25
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 03:29
I know on the iPhone 11 people complained that the clamp didnt work well with a silicon case.

I have an iPhone 11 with the Apple leather case and it’s pretty solid which I think is more of a shape thing. The 11 has rounded edges and so the clamp bends over the sides and keeps it secure. The iPhone 12 is now a square edge and the clamp doesn’t reach the edge so which it will hold the phone it is simply not secure enough to be used for anything other than the most gentle of activities.
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

road2ruin Posted at 10-25 04:10
I have an iPhone 11 with the Apple leather case and it’s pretty solid which I think is more of a shape thing. The 11 has rounded edges and so the clamp bends over the sides and keeps it secure. The iPhone 12 is now a square edge and the clamp doesn’t reach the edge so which it will hold the phone it is simply not secure enough to be used for anything other than the most gentle of activities.

Ah,  Im with you now.  Maybe get a cheap case and stick the other magnet to it.
2020-10-25
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

My new iPhone will be delivered next week and this is disappointing to hear. DJI needs to put out a statement on their intentions right away or they are going to lose a lot of customers. I don't want to see an admin come here and respond that they will forward the comments to their engineering team. They should already have a plan in place to address this.
2020-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there road2ruin. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI OM4  and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Om 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en2.pdf ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continously testinmg multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list. Thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-25
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 21:05
Hello there road2ruin. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI OM4  and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Om 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en2.pdf ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continously testinmg multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list. Thank you for your understanding.

Stephen, thank you for your response. I personally am disappointed that DJI didn't ensure that their magnetic clamp was going to be compatible with a new iPhone that was released within 2 months of the OM4. Unless a revised clamp is released for the OM4 that is suitable for the new iPhone shape then I'll have to look for alternative gimbals as the existing clamp is just not suitable.
2020-10-26
Use props
KennethS
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As a new owner of the OM4 as well as an iPhone 12 Pro (and, when released, an iPhone 12 Pro Max), I echo the comments of the previous poster that DJi really needs to release an additional clamp that is compatible with the new iPhones.  I have confidence this will happen as surely it must given the new flat side design of Apple's latest iPhones is likely to be around for several phone generation cycles.  I am new to the DJi world, but it seems the Apple phones are a target market (as evidenced by the OM products being sold in the Apple stores) so my hope is this happens soon.  I am able to use the clamp on the 12 Pro without a case, but with the Apple silicone case the fit is not ideal and I really prefer keeping cases on my phones.
2020-10-26
Use props
Robin.sofer
lvl.1

Australia

KennethS Posted at 10-26 08:08
As a new owner of the OM4 as well as an iPhone 12 Pro (and, when released, an iPhone 12 Pro Max), I echo the comments of the previous poster that DJi really needs to release an additional clamp that is compatible with the new iPhones.  I have confidence this will happen as surely it must given the new flat side design of Apple's latest iPhones is likely to be around for several phone generation cycles.  I am new to the DJi world, but it seems the Apple phones are a target market (as evidenced by the OM products being sold in the Apple stores) so my hope is this happens soon.  I am able to use the clamp on the 12 Pro without a case, but with the Apple silicone case the fit is not ideal and I really prefer keeping cases on my phones.

I just had a look at the Apple store site. Apple sells the osmo mobile 3 and the site says it is compatible with the iPhone 12 pro max. Does that mean the mobile 3 clamp can better cater for the straight edges of the ip 12 pro max?
2020-10-27
Use props
KennethS
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Robin.sofer@me.com Posted at 10-27 04:07
I just had a look at the Apple store site. Apple sells the osmo mobile 3 and the site says it is compatible with the iPhone 12 pro max. Does that mean the mobile 3 clamp can better cater for the straight edges of the ip 12 pro max?

I've not tried the OM3 but looking at the photos of the clamp it looks like it would be better suited to the iPhone 12 flat side design.  It seems to me it would be fairly simple for DJi to design and offer an additional magnetic clamp that would better grip the new iPhones. My hope is they are presently working on it.
2020-10-27
Use props
djiuser_ADVb0GgX9BUM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just seen in a video on geeky gadgets the internals of the iPhone 12, I would say that the magnet in the iPhone 12 would be large enough for DJI to make something
2020-11-3
Use props
blackiysto
lvl.2

Algeria

Have you tried the clamp mount with it like he said ?

snaptube vidmate word to pdf

2020-11-3
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blackiysto Posted at 11-3 09:03
Have you tried the clamp mount with it like he said ?

iPhone 12 with a case doesn’t fit securely into the magnetic clamp
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_bM4QwHwPC3FC
New

Singapore

DJI should do Magnetic support casing for M4 to use with iPhone 12 pro and max
2020-11-6
Use props
brian.montgomery.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462346 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would hope they release a MagSafe adapter that’s compatible with the ProMax.   Would not even need a clamp, would be the ultimate in convenience.  
2020-11-8
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 21:05
Hello there road2ruin. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI OM4  and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Om 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en2.pdf ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continously testinmg multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, thanks for putting this out there. I was going to order the OM4 for use with my iPhone 12 Pro but I will skip it for now or until a suitable clamp system is available for it.

Thanks for saving me the hassle and disappointment.
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KS-6 Posted at 11-8 14:21
Hi, thanks for putting this out there. I was going to order the OM4 for use with my iPhone 12 Pro but I will skip it for now or until a suitable clamp system is available for it.

Thanks for saving me the hassle and disappointment.

Hi there Mavic KS-6. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_SDv0hKGzkJoD
New
Canada

Robin.sofer@me.com Posted at 10-27 04:07

I have 12 Pro with clear case and DJI Osmo mobile 3 and can confirm it does NOT fit well - same issue clamp does not fit around the square edges and it slowly works itself out.
I am here trying to see if the OM4 would work and now disappointed.
I think the suggestion of dedicated case with adhesive magnet on it is probably the best workaround to stick with DJI gimbal. I don’t really blame DJi as I’m sure they would have tried to work with Apple if they could and sandbagged like the rest of us waiting on accessories to catch up.
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_SWZ3cUcZRnUW
lvl.1

United States

it seems a simple fix of offering a simple 'iphone12promax' compatible clamp. I use my phone for a variety of applications, not just personal use so having a clamp avaialble for the 12 pro max isnt the BEST solution but its one I'd happily settle for.

Possibly 3d printing an adapter to put on the clamp but dont know if that would work.
2020-11-12
Use props
ronaldbob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26611 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope. I have also the Iphone 12 plus and is werking great with the magnetische holder.
2020-11-13
Use props
ronaldbob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26611 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

#is werking great hereply Here#
2020-11-13
Use props
Morgon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104393 ft
United States

djiuser_SWZ3cUcZRnUW Posted at 11-12 12:33
it seems a simple fix of offering a simple 'iphone12promax' compatible clamp. I use my phone for a variety of applications, not just personal use so having a clamp avaialble for the 12 pro max isnt the BEST solution but its one I'd happily settle for.

Possibly 3d printing an adapter to put on the clamp but dont know if that would work.

Why bother with a clamp when they could redesign the mount to be MagSafe?
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_Y7WTakmpkQUU
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I was about to buy a om4 for my new iPhone 12 pro max but after reading this I will hold off the phone does not arrive for 3 weeks so will wait a couple of weeks before buying another makers product
2020-11-13
Use props
Chilltravelers
New
United States

Just received my iPhone 12 Max an tried it on my original Osmo Mobile.  Works beautifully with the phone shape and interfaces nicely with Buttery, DJI and Apple camera app.  Have not tried it with REC.  Bracket edges are square cut and I used a counterbalance for off-power zeroing.  Jaws open wide enough for the phone to pop in with room to spare.  Osmo motors do not overheat when mechanically balanced correctly.  Videos are pretty amazing.

2020-11-14
Use props
Chilltravelers
New
United States

Here is another closup.

2020-11-14
Use props
fans1a4b2efd
New

United States

Hi everyone has anybody tried the DJI om4 with iPhone 12 pro Max ? Theoretically it should fit, 12 pro Max has “Almost” the same Geometry as 11 pro Max.
2020-11-15
Use props
DirtPiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the iPhone 12 Pro and made a slight modification to the clamp to have it hold the phone better even with a case on it. I took a pliers and gently bent each end of the clamp out. Should work for the iPhone 12 Pro Max also.
C46615A3-ABB4-4072-8D20-762E92A47D24.jpeg
75D1BC38-9168-4A48-9095-B108ABD7C9BB.jpeg
FDE323B8-7CDF-4069-9636-BE045D40ADCF.jpeg
68BDEED2-E3B3-4B45-9C89-DEEBAACC16CF.jpeg
6D7F5DD4-A0B8-4B25-B3D3-9B5619C23FB6.jpeg
2020-11-15
Use props
RJ74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1a4b2efd Posted at 11-15 00:21
Hi everyone has anybody tried the DJI om4 with iPhone 12 pro Max ? Theoretically it should fit, 12 pro Max has “Almost” the same Geometry as 11 pro Max.

The OM4 clamp works fine with the iPhone 12 Pro Max, it holds the phone securely, no problem at all.

The people here are complaining because the OM4 clamp doesn't work with a MagSafe case, the case is slightly too deep for the clamp.
2020-11-15
Use props
Wartank
lvl.1

Canada

DirtPiler Posted at 11-15 05:26
I have the iPhone 12 Pro and made a slight modification to the clamp to have it hold the phone better even with a case on it. I took a pliers and gently bent each end of the clamp out. Should work for the iPhone 12 Pro Max also.

This is good to know, i also have been thinking about doing the same. If bent slightly it would align perfectly with the flat edge of the new 12 pro as you have shown. You mentioned it would fit the 12 pro max, do you think it would fit with the case on? If possible do you think you could measure the max width of the clamp for us, fully extended after the mod? I think a lot of people here are dying to know the answer.
2020-11-16
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-11 00:00
Hi there Mavic KS-6. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.

Thanks!

I create content for a living, use the iPhone for when the RS 2 is too heavy and the larger cameras are mostly doing stills. I have an iphone 12 Pro and just like hundreds of thousands of other new users of this phone, I am obviously not going back a model just to use a gimbal. So with my main winter client being a ski area that will open soon, I need to get on with making content, do you know what gimbal I should be using to accomplish this with the iPhone 12 Pro?
2020-11-16
Use props
DirtPiler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wartank Posted at 11-16 09:49
This is good to know, i also have been thinking about doing the same. If bent slightly it would align perfectly with the flat edge of the new 12 pro as you have shown. You mentioned it would fit the 12 pro max, do you think it would fit with the case on? If possible do you think you could measure the max width of the clamp for us, fully extended after the mod? I think a lot of people here are dying to know the answer.

Wartank,

The clamp when fully opened is 3 3/8 inches.
2020-11-18
Use props
Bohs
New
Saudi Arabia

DirtPiler Posted at 11-15 05:26
I have the iPhone 12 Pro and made a slight modification to the clamp to have it hold the phone better even with a case on it. I took a pliers and gently bent each end of the clamp out. Should work for the iPhone 12 Pro Max also.

Thanks for sharing and posting the pictures. I was thinking of doing the same as well for the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

How securely does it hold the phone in the case this way? Is it a secure when shaking and for fast movements especially that now the clamp does not wrap around the edges of the phone? Thanks for helping us out.
2020-11-18
Use props
djiuser_msGVcHOjvQOR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93999 ft
United States

Hi.  I am so upset about the collaboration between the OM4 and the 12 pro max. I have the clear case by apple and the phone is not securely held at all. I hope DJI addresses this. I would love to return my OM4 now as it is useless to me. The return policy just closed. I always felt DJI and Apple had a close relationship and I can't believe the OM4 wasn't designed with the new iPhone blueprint in mind. The designs of the iPhone 12 were leaked months before the OM4 was even released. I have to believe DJI could have accessed this information as well through Apple. Third party accessory manufactures had access to the design info for months.  This was a major fail on DJI's part.
2020-11-20
Use props
MadBunny
lvl.1

France

djiuser_msGVcHOjvQOR Posted at 11-20 06:30
Hi.  I am so upset about the collaboration between the OM4 and the 12 pro max. I have the clear case by apple and the phone is not securely held at all. I hope DJI addresses this. I would love to return my OM4 now as it is useless to me. The return policy just closed. I always felt DJI and Apple had a close relationship and I can't believe the OM4 wasn't designed with the new iPhone blueprint in mind. The designs of the iPhone 12 were leaked months before the OM4 was even released. I have to believe DJI could have accessed this information as well through Apple. Third party accessory manufactures had access to the design info for months.  This was a major fail on DJI's part.

I totally agree with your point of view. I also own an iPhone 12 Pro with OM 4. By chance, I bought it with Amazon thus I’m able to return it if not satisfied.
If I keep it I will certainly try the bend tip.
2020-11-22
Use props
GAME OUT
New

Qatar

Please make some new magnetic attaching for iPhone 12 pro
2020-11-23
Use props
42deluxe
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_msGVcHOjvQOR Posted at 11-20 06:30
Hi.  I am so upset about the collaboration between the OM4 and the 12 pro max. I have the clear case by apple and the phone is not securely held at all. I hope DJI addresses this. I would love to return my OM4 now as it is useless to me. The return policy just closed. I always felt DJI and Apple had a close relationship and I can't believe the OM4 wasn't designed with the new iPhone blueprint in mind. The designs of the iPhone 12 were leaked months before the OM4 was even released. I have to believe DJI could have accessed this information as well through Apple. Third party accessory manufactures had access to the design info for months.  This was a major fail on DJI's part.

Apple has a support document for engineering accessories.

https://developer.apple.com/acce ... sign-Guidelines.pdf

If DJI doesn't react it's their fault.

What is really annoying is the fact that DJI doesn't even gives any statement. That's disrespectful to their loyal customers and highly unprofessional.
2020-11-24
Use props
BNortonPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1115 ft
United States

I figure if they release a legit clamp for the 12 pro max, it’s going to be a separate purchase so I’m going to just do what dirtpiler did and take pliers to existing OM4 clamp and buy a new one if it seems more secure.
2020-11-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules