Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gabriel Quintana Posted at 12-30 23:58
Why do you use that clamp, instead of using the magnetic ring directly on the Iphone ???

Because I don't want to stick the ring directly on the back of my phone.  Besides, the phone is in a case that the ring does not stick to very well.
2020-12-31
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PhotoJourno Posted at 2020-12-31 11:54
This might be worth a try... It's what I saw when I realized DJI would have come up with an adapter on their own, for very little cost, and gain lots of very satisfied customers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P9G4D2D/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=A361XLRXBSDG5B&psc=1

Interesting solution.
Unfortunately it doesn’t ship to my location.
2021-1-1
Use props
FlawKill
lvl.1

Switzerland

Mini-G Posted at 1-1 06:22
Interesting solution.
Unfortunately it doesn’t ship to my location.

I found it on Aliexpress for a cheap price. Will probably ship to your location.
OM 4 Clamp: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001588149394.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.37d078b72zdkmK&algo_pvid=89b7fa4c-eeed-4d4b-b321-78c874fba3ca&algo_expid=89b7fa4c-eeed-4d4b-b321-78c874fba3ca-10&btsid=0bb0623c16095172053642482ea2ab&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
2021-1-1
Use props
PhotoJourno
lvl.1

United States

They seem 3D printable, and are not complicated to make/manufacture. I've looked everywhere for Continental USA stock, but it seems it ships from China. That's ok with me if it solves the problem. No thanks to DJI though.
2021-1-1
Use props
vz10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1683727 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there, having exactly the same issue with iPhone 12 Pro Max and have the same amount of disappointment of DJI

Does anybody try this things to fix the problem?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-1-8
Use props
fans5df65b2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173835 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Actually, all they need to do is to release a new phone clamp as accessories for the iPhone 12 Pro Max which is wider and a larger bend on the end. Who would not want a case on their iPhone these days? With the case it’s more secure for sure. Trust me that the majority out there most people are not willing to clamp their phones without the case onto the OM4 because of protection wise. Cuz the phone is much worth it compare to the gimbal itself.
2021-1-12
Use props
fans5df65b2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173835 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Actually, all they need to do is to release a new phone clamp as accessories for the iPhone 12 Pro Max which is wider and a larger bend on the end. Who would not want a case on their iPhone these days? With the case it’s more secure for sure. Trust me that the majority out there most people are not willing to clamp their phones without the case onto the OM4 because of protection wise. Cuz the phone is much worth it compare to the gimbal itself.
2021-1-12
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5df65b2c Posted at 1-12 23:46
Actually, all they need to do is to release a new phone clamp as accessories for the iPhone 12 Pro Max which is wider and a larger bend on the end. Who would not want a case on their iPhone these days? With the case it’s more secure for sure. Trust me that the majority out there most people are not willing to clamp their phones without the case onto the OM4 because of protection wise. Cuz the phone is much worth it compare to the gimbal itself.

DJI seem to have stopped supporting this product for anyone with an iPhone 12 who wants to use a case. No replies to any of these issues although I did get one on Twitter to say that they wouldn't be releasing a new clamp.
2021-1-13
Use props
Sir Oliver
lvl.1
Slovenia

vz10 Posted at 1-8 18:28
Hi there, having exactly the same issue with iPhone 12 Pro Max and have the same amount of disappointment of DJI

I did ( received mine yesterday) and I can confirm that it does not work with iPhone 12 Pro Max, not even with the very slim case . IP 12 PM is way too big, although idea is really good, especially how installation on the  clamp is done (with some modifications it would probably work)
2021-1-13
Use props
Wojtek Gucwiński
New

Poland

Hi. So I just buy OM4- this is a lot of money and I have iP12 - did will be work or not??

Please DJI if U can send me a message gucwinski@hotmail.com
2021-1-16
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wojtek Gucwiński Posted at 1-16 13:54
Hi. So I just buy OM4- this is a lot of money and I have iP12 - did will be work or not??

Please DJI if U can send me a message gucwinski@hotmail.com

The phone will work just fine but not if it has a case on. Phone with a case won’t be secure in the clamp so it really depends on your set up.
2021-1-16
Use props
Ratzlaff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2021-1-19
Use props
Reinard Van Panhuis
lvl.1

Netherlands

Interpol Posted at 2020-12-29 18:02
Here's my proposed stopgap solution.

Cheap $10 Ulanzi smartphone tripod clamp.  I plan to attach the magnetic ring holder to the back of it with some 3M VHB double-sided tape.

Smart!! Did it work?
2021-1-26
Use props
Reinard Van Panhuis
lvl.1

Netherlands

Ratzlaff Posted at 1-19 17:34
https://youtu.be/AEwOLO61FNA

I have the OM4 and the extra aluminum plate.
Could not test the plate yet as you have to wait 12 hrs. because of the adhesive.

Have tried the DJI clamp on my 12 pro and surprise... it works well in combination with otterbox case, so if magnet + plate works I got two options
2021-1-28
Use props
LJinATL
lvl.2
United States

I got the plate and it works pretty well.  But I'm now getting 'camera failed to start' in Mimo again.

I'm sick of this thing.  It's just not worth it.
2021-1-28
Use props
Reinard Van Panhuis
lvl.1

Netherlands

LJinATL Posted at 1-28 08:38
I got the plate and it works pretty well.  But I'm now getting 'camera failed to start' in Mimo again.

I'm sick of this thing.  It's just not worth it.

Crazy... works fine here.
2021-1-28
Use props
Reinard Van Panhuis
lvl.1

Netherlands

Reinard Van Panhuis Posted at 1-28 06:02
I have the OM4 and the extra aluminum plate.
Could not test the plate yet as you have to wait 12 hrs. because of the adhesive.

Both options work. Would definitely try to use the clamp in tricky situations or higher grounds.

The phone case I have is otterbox symmetry plus case for apple iPhone 12 Pro so buy this one and you can use the normal clamp

Just make sure that if you mount it on the gimbal that you turn the motor to the right and click the telephone vertical on the gimbal. Make sure it is aligned otherwise you will have to calibrate.

2021-1-28
Use props
Reinard Van Panhuis
lvl.1

Netherlands

road2ruin Posted at 1-16 13:55
The phone will work just fine but not if it has a case on. Phone with a case won’t be secure in the clamp so it really depends on your set up.
Use the otterbox symmetry plus case for apple iPhone 12 Pro and you are good to go with clamp or base plate and magnet
2021-1-28
Use props
LJinATL
lvl.2
United States

It's not related to the plate, it's just another frustrating thing for me.  This isn't the first time I've seen the 'camera failed to start' message in Mimo.  I can't use it until I uninstall and re-install the app.  

Tuesday is my last day to return the OM4.   I've been back and forth on returning it but I've been holding out for some kind of fix to the problems.  The plate was very promising and I think it addresses the inconvenience of using the clamp, which was my primary concern.  That made me think it was worth keeping it.  Now I'm getting the 'camera failed to start' message loop again.  

Maybe it's a sign.  
2021-1-28
Use props
Reinard Van Panhuis
lvl.1

Netherlands

LJinATL Posted at 1-28 12:37
It's not related to the plate, it's just another frustrating thing for me.  This isn't the first time I've seen the 'camera failed to start' message in Mimo.  I can't use it until I uninstall and re-install the app.  

Tuesday is my last day to return the OM4.   I've been back and forth on returning it but I've been holding out for some kind of fix to the problems.  The plate was very promising and I think it addresses the inconvenience of using the clamp, which was my primary concern.  That made me think it was worth keeping it.  Now I'm getting the 'camera failed to start' message loop again.  

It is so strange that you have the same phone (iPhone 12) and you get this message and I don’t! Real bad luck ☹️ Good luck and hope you find a solution
2021-1-29
Use props
rabi_v
lvl.2

Germany

What I don't understand now, there are two compatibility lists for OM 4

Once on product page at the bottom and one under download menu from 24.12.2020
On second list all 12-models are listed as "compatible" on first list they are not listed.

Which list is correct?
2021-1-31
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

I recently have been looking for slim cases for the iPhone 12 Pro Max that works with the mag mount.
Two cases I’d recommend are:

1. Ringke Fusion Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro Max (best, slim and has a rigid back)
2. elago Clear Case Designed for iPhone 12 Pro Max Case (ok if you want a clear case that doesn’t add much weight)

Both these cases all the mag clamp to grip around the phone itself. Both are available on Amazon.

2021-2-15
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Until we have a MagSafe OM4 magnetic adapter (or at least a clamp that will hold the phone with a case), the OM4 is a no-go for me.
2021-2-16
Use props
djiuser_aV6TDza3a3IN
New

United Kingdom

Link to the UK Amazon site for the MOYOFEE HSBF AYDD Handheld Gimbal Quick Release Magnetic Buckle Clamp Expansion Bracket for DJI OM4
amazon.co.uk/MOYOFEE-Handheld-Release-Magnetic-Expansion/dp/B08P97BSQG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Handheld+Gimbal+Quick+Release+Magnetic+Buckle+Clamp+Expansion+Bracket+for+DJI+OM4&qid=1613839082&sr=8-1
I have just ordered this little gizmo. Will report back once I have received early March somertime as shipping from China.

2021-2-20
Use props
Beatdemon
lvl.1
United States

Give this one a try. Works for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QZFTWYR
2021-2-20
Use props
djiuser_Mg2D6iJo2cnk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50830 ft
Netherlands

Hi all, after buying the new Iphone 12 pro, i was (as so many) dissapointed to find out that the OM4 clamp would not work with the Apple Magsafe leather case.... after scrolling through this thread i saw the video above, about the Magnetic pop-socket Magsafe plate combined with the magnetic ring you receive with the OM4... I live in the Netherlands, so the exact product was not available to me... but i found another plate that looked the same but was exclusively in black. Received it today, attached the magnetic ring nicely in the center and tried it out. WORKS LIKE A CHARM! The plate connects to the back of the phone very sturdy, and if you don’t go crazy it will stay in place. I had to shake really hard to get it to dropp the phone of the plate. Aligning is also not a big issue, because i was used to calibrate the gimbal before every use. After calibrating i tested the aligning with the measure IOS app that also has a level function and it was spot on.... so for about €15 i’m done!
o4.jpeg
2021-2-22
Use props
KeithMinard
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Mg2D6iJo2cnk Posted at 2-22 11:31
Hi all, after buying the new Iphone 12 pro, i was (as so many) dissapointed to find out that the OM4 clamp would not work with the Apple Magsafe leather case.... after scrolling through this thread i saw the video above, about the Magnetic pop-socket Magsafe plate combined with the magnetic ring you receive with the OM4... I live in the Netherlands, so the exact product was not available to me... but i found another plate that looked the same but was exclusively in black. Received it today, attached the magnetic ring nicely in the center and tried it out. WORKS LIKE A CHARM! The plate connects to the back of the phone very sturdy, and if you don’t go crazy it will stay in place. I had to shake really hard to get it to dropp the phone of the plate. Aligning is also not a big issue, because i was used to calibrate the gimbal before every use. After calibrating i tested the aligning with the measure IOS app that also has a level function and it was spot on.... so for about €15 i’m done!

These generic round adapter plates are a good start, but I've found that the best solution is a plate that also aligns itself on the phone.  I purchased this magsafe adapter plate with an alignment tail that gets it right every time.  Just stick on the DJI adapter to this place, align it correctly before the adhesive dries and you never need to worry again.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/957392422/dji-om4-magsafe-adapter?ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1

2021-3-3
Use props
KeithMinard
lvl.1
United States

These generic round adapter plates are a good start, but I've found that the best solution is a plate that also aligns itself on the phone.  I purchased this magsafe adapter plate with an alignment tail that gets it right every time.  Just stick on the DJI adapter to this place, align it correctly before the adhesive dries and you never need to worry again.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/957392422/dji-om4-magsafe-adapter?ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1

2021-3-3
Use props
Lachesis
lvl.1
Japan

I realize it is not ideal, but I have had some success with the 'bend' approach, but not as seen before.
I put in a slight flex at the point the arms leave the body of the clamp.
The photos do not really show it, but even with that slight bend, the paddles get a complete grip round this thick jelly case, and still let the boss seat well on the phone.
2021-3-11
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi all, after buying the new Iphone 12 pro, i was (as so many) dissapointed to find out that the OM4 clamp would not work with the Apple Magsafe leather case.... after scrolling through this thread i saw the video above, about the Magnetic pop-socket Magsafe plate combined with the magnetic ring you receive with the OM4... I live in the Netherlands, so the exact product was not available to me... but i found another plate that looked the same but was exclusively in black. Received it today, attached the magnetic ring nicely in the center and tried it out. WORKS LIKE A CHARM! The plate connects to the back of the phone very sturdy, and if you don’t go crazy it will stay in place. I had to shake really hard to get it to dropp the phone of the plate. Aligning is also not a big issue, because i was used to calibrate the gimbal before every use. After calibrating i tested the aligning with the measure IOS app that also has a level function and it was spot on.... so for about €15 i’m done!

Where did you find this in Europe? I can only find in United States and the shipping cost is very pricey
2021-3-22
Use props
fumio-i
New
Japan

I've removed all of pads from the magnetic phone clamp.  It works fine with Apple's genuine silicone case.

2021-4-2
Use props
iammikeDOTorg
lvl.1

United States

road2ruin Posted at 2020-12-19 05:50
Had it confirmed on Twitter by DJI Support, the iPhone 12 is now compatible with the OM4 however only without a case.

There are NO plans to release a revised magnetic clamp for those who use a case or to have any sort of MagSafe system. Essentially for anyone who wants to use an iPhone 12 with a case then the OM4 is not for you.

Aaaaaaand returned.
2021-4-30
Use props
Sabrina123
New

Germany

My new iphone has arrived. At the beginning I was really worried that the motor of the Dji Osmo Mobile2 wouldn't work, but I worried in vain. everything works great, but I put a cover on myself so that it doesn't get scratched. With these covers www.casedy.com it does not sit completely in the socket. do you happen to have suggestions for a case that fits perfectly in there??
2021-6-4
Use props
Terry851
lvl.1
United States

fumio-i Posted at 4-2 02:45
I've removed all of pads from the magnetic phone clamp.  It works fine with Apple's genuine silicone case.
[view_image]
[view_image]

I have an iPhone 12 Pro with an Otterbox Aneu case, and based on the previous post, I tried removing just the center pad of the magnetic grip mount.  With this slight modification, it seems to hold my phone better.  I'll likely remove the pads from the two arms as I'd like an even stronger grip, but with just the center rubber pad removed, it's good enough for me as I don't envison doing any athletic filming.  For now, I'm a happy OM4 user having fun learning the ins and outs of Mimo and Filmic Pro.
2021-6-9
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-10-25 21:05
Hello there road2ruin. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI OM4  and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Om 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en2.pdf ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continously testinmg multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list. Thank you for your understanding.

No offence, but... This is a really lame answer IMHO.
As to shape, size, and functionality, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is exactly the same as the 11 Pro Max, except for the squared off edges, it's basically the same phone!
It would be sooo easy, if Y'all just made a bigger clamp!
It's really iffy on my 11 Pro Max as well, but still, it's listed as "Compatible"...
I just got my 12 Pro Max, and will have to find a way to make the clamp more stable on the case, because from the sounds of it, Y'all aren't even going to try to make a better clam, and that's a shame...
So far, this has worked well for me. it's the fuzzy side of a Velcro strip, that I cut in a thin strip, to give the clamp something to bite on.

2021-6-12
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

KS-6 Posted at 2020-11-16 20:56
Thanks!

I create content for a living, use the iPhone for when the RS 2 is too heavy and the larger cameras are mostly doing stills. I have an iphone 12 Pro and just like hundreds of thousands of other new users of this phone, I am obviously not going back a model just to use a gimbal. So with my main winter client being a ski area that will open soon, I need to get on with making content, do you know what gimbal I should be using to accomplish this with the iPhone 12 Pro?

Since I got the OM4 to replace my heavier Moza Mini Mi, I still use it as a backup, and the clamp works fine with or without a case.

I've also made a work around with the OM4, using the fuzzy side of a Velcro strip.
I cut a thin strip, and attached it to my phone case.

2021-6-12
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

I tried the disc idea, and it kinda worked...
It allows the phone to rotate, and can affect the calibration.But it's also nice, bcause I can adjust the level on the fly.
It doesnt work with a non Magsafe case, so I tesred it with no case. There's no way I'd use it in the field without a case, because while the magnets gold pretty good, there's no way I'd trust it not getting bumped off.
When I get a magsafe case, I'll update on how well it works...

2021-6-12
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

GAME OUT Posted at 2020-11-23 18:57
Please make some new magnetic attaching for iPhone 12 pro

I tried this, and while it works. It allows the phone to rotate, and could affect the calibration. I just got the disc, and am in the process of testing it.
As of this moment, it is a nice way of attaching it, but I had to take the case I have off, because it doesn't have the magsafe magnet ring built in, and there's no way I'm going to take it out and use it without a case.
While the magnets hold pretty secure, it can be bumped off the OM4, although it takes some force, an accidental bump can and will send the phone falling to the ground.
If it works well with the case I ordered, I'll make a video and show just how well it works.

2021-6-12
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

vz10 Posted at 1-8 18:28

Just checked, unfortunately, it doesn't work...

Doesnt Work.png
2021-6-13
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

Hi all, after buying the new Iphone 12 pro, i was (as so many) dissapointed to find out that the OM4 clamp would not work with the Apple Magsafe leather case.... after scrolling through this thread i saw the video above, about the Magnetic pop-socket Magsafe plate combined with the magnetic ring you receive with the OM4... I live in the Netherlands, so the exact product was not available to me... but i found another plate that looked the same but was exclusively in black. Received it today, attached the magnetic ring nicely in the center and tried it out. WORKS LIKE A CHARM! The plate connects to the back of the phone very sturdy, and if you don’t go crazy it will stay in place. I had to shake really hard to get it to dropp the phone of the plate. Aligning is also not a big issue, because i was used to calibrate the gimbal before every use. After calibrating i tested the aligning with the measure IOS app that also has a level function and it was spot on.... so for about €15 i’m done!

Did the same thing, and while it works, the phone can be rotated, and could affect the calibration. I had to take my case off to initially test it, because it doen't have the magsafe ring built in, and it wasn't holding much at all.
I just ordered another case that has the magsafe ring, so I'll wait and test it more thouroughly when it gets here.
It is nice though, because if the camera needs to be leveled a little, I don't have to go into settings, but just gently rotate it to adjust the level.
2021-6-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules