Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating second battery.
661 13 2020-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi,
About a month ago i purchased the fantastic Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Go 4 remot controller with a battery. When I stared up everything, everything got updated with the latest firmwere and everything was fine. Have done som test flight on an open field to get used to the sticks. I then purcahsed another battery and wonder what do I have to do to update that battery also, as i understand that the first battery that came with the drone got updated when i did the first update.
Thanks for your kind assistance.
Tony
2020-10-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fully recharge it to 100% then put into the drone and switch everything on. On the home page in the GO4 app (picture with the M2P on it) a pop up will appear after several seconds advising that there is an inconsistent firmware. Go ahead and update the firmware and the FW on the drone will sync to the new battery. It is quite a quick process and only the battery FW will be updated. Once complete reboot the drone and check the battery info over in the app and set your number of days to auto discharge etc. Then take it out you're good to fly.

Be sure to discharge the battery to 30% or lower and fully recharge it at least once every three months to maintain it's health. Store it at around 50% away from any heat source such as direct sunlight (never leave it in the car) and make sure it is warmed up before flight in cold temps by hovering the drone for a minute or so.
2020-10-25
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

A J Posted at 10-25 05:28
Fully recharge it to 100% then put into the drone and switch everything on. On the home page in the GO4 app (picture with the M2P on it) a pop up will appear after several seconds advising that there is an inconsistent firmware. Go ahead and update the firmware and the FW on the drone will sync to the new battery. It is quite a quick process and only the battery FW will be updated. Once complete reboot the drone and check the battery info over in the app and set your number of days to auto discharge etc. Then take it out you're good to fly.

Be sure to discharge the battery to 30% or lower and fully recharge it at least once every three months to maintain it's health. Store it at around 50% away from any heat source such as direct sunlight (never leave it in the car) and make sure it is warmed up before flight in cold temps by hovering the drone for a minute or so.

Thank you very much for your kind and quick reply. Much appreciated indeed.
Tony
2020-10-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 10-25 05:43
Thank you very much for your kind and quick reply. Much appreciated indeed.
Tony

You're very welcome - enjoy the extra flying time
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to add to what AJ said,  its also a good idea to label the batteries so that you can try and use them in equal amounts.
2020-10-25
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 05:53
Just to add to what AJ said,  its also a good idea to label the batteries so that you can try and use them in equal amounts.

Yes, thanks for that. I marked the battery that came with the drone Batt 1 and the one extra I purchased Batt 2. In the carry case I have also marked the 2 pockets for batteries EMPTY and FULL even if it easy to see from the LEDs
Thanks again.
Tony
2020-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there kyalami. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry, yes that is correct, we need to kindly fully charge the battery first before using it. Once it is on the drone there should be a prompt on the DJI Go 4 application if there is any inconsistency firmware once there's a new firmware update required, kindly proceed with the process. You may also refer to this DJI official video tutorial we have for you on how to update the Mavic 2 series using the DJI Go 4. Thank you for the support and happy flying.
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 10-25 07:09
Yes, thanks for that. I marked the battery that came with the drone Batt 1 and the one extra I purchased Batt 2. In the carry case I have also marked the 2 pockets for batteries EMPTY and FULL even if it easy to see from the LEDs
Thanks again.
Tony

Every now and again what I do is check the charge count for my batteries and then use them in such a way as to balance them out a bit,  doesnt seem to matter what you do they will get out of sync with each other.
2020-10-25
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-25 07:48
Hello there kyalami. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry, yes that is correct, we need to kindly fully charge the battery first before using it. Once it is on the drone there should be a prompt on the DJI Go 4 application if there is any inconsistency firmware once there's a new firmware update required, kindly proceed with the process. You may also refer to this DJI official video tutorial we have for you on how to update the Mavic 2 series using the DJI Go 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up7nBlyeEZs&t=3s Thank you for the support and happy flying.

Thank you very much Gamora for the descriptive video that at the end explains about updating other batteries. I have now written down the details and added to my hand manual that I carry with me every time I fly.
2020-10-25
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 08:01
Every now and again what I do is check the charge count for my batteries and then use them in such a way as to balance them out a bit,  doesnt seem to matter what you do they will get out of sync with each other.

Yes, I think that is an good idea in order to keep them balanced and always in sync.
Thanks for that tip DAFlyes. Now I am just waiting to be able to get on a plain to go far south with a coral beach, palm trees and clear blue water to do some filming, as it is staring to get cold here in Sweden. Probably it will not happen for several months still.
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 10-25 08:23
Yes, I think that is an good idea in order to keep them balanced and always in sync.
Thanks for that tip DAFlyes. Now I am just waiting to be able to get on a plain to go far south with a coral beach, palm trees and clear blue water to do some filming, as it is staring to get cold here in Sweden. Probably it will not happen for several months still.

I was lucky to have got a trip to Lanzarote in at the beginning of march,  great place and a great place to fly,  it wasn't Kular Lumpur that we planned but at least we got away.
2020-10-25
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 08:32
I was lucky to have got a trip to Lanzarote in at the beginning of march,  great place and a great place to fly,  it wasn't Kular Lumpur that we planned but at least we got away.

Yes you are lucky being from UK. So many plains go from there south and also to Canary islands every day I see on flightradar24. Lucky you. I may have to get over to UK to start a trip, if they let me in nowadays. Enjoy your holiday.
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 10-25 08:40
Yes you are lucky being from UK. So many plains go from there south and also to Canary islands every day I see on flightradar24. Lucky you. I may have to get over to UK to start a trip, if they let me in nowadays. Enjoy your holiday.

No we got in just before the covid struck,  no desire to travel at the moment.  Sadly.  
2020-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 10-25 08:17
Thank you very much Gamora for the descriptive video that at the end explains about updating other batteries. I have now written down the details and added to my hand manual that I carry with me every time I fly.

Hi kyalami. You're welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a Great and Safe flight.
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules