Using the DJI fly app with a custom app running in the background
1312 3 2020-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WVintila
lvl.1

Australia

So I've been reseaching DJI drones for use in an upcomming project. The project will require flying a drone and extracting some data from it during its flight. Looking at the Mobile SDK, it looks like I can get all the data I need relatively easily but the thing I'm not sure about is running both a small custom app to extract the data and running the normal DJI fly app at the same time, I don't want to have to reimplement all of the Fly app. Is it possible to connect to the drone with one app in the background and then simultaneously connect with the Fly app to use while flying? I'm planning on using an Android device.
2020-10-25
Use props
DJI-William
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I'm sorry to tell you if you want to develop a custom app to retrive data from the drone, you have to also implement the flight control functions, which means you have to develop an app similar to DJI FLY APP and add some data retriving functions. Because you cannot run 2 apps to connect the drone simultaneously.
2020-11-5
Use props
Gerbaumer
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-William Posted at 11-5 01:13
I'm sorry to tell you if you want to develop a custom app to retrive data from the drone, you have to also implement the flight control functions, which means you have to develop an app similar to DJI FLY APP and add some data retriving functions. Because you cannot run 2 apps to connect the drone simultaneously.

Hi,
i use a smartcontroller with my Matrice Enterprise and my 300.

Is it possible to use 2 apps simultaneous with a smartcontroller?
2020-11-8
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I think it is impossible.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules