588 12 2020-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdamD1122
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11663 ft
United States

Hi.

I'm having problems with my Mavic Pro. Here's what I'm seeing....

When I connect, often now I get a black screen (no video feed), yet I'm GREEN to go fly. Also, when I do get a video feed, it will often break up with lots of magenta bar lines across the screen. Then, I also have this happen, which really sucks... during flight, the screen will just go black!!

Fortunately none of this has got me into trouble.

Also, just so you know....I'm flying a Phantom 4 Pro as well and use the same phone and cable as I do with the Mavic Pro...no problems there.

Thoughts? What can I try to fix this?

Thanks.
2020-10-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You have not mentioned what phone you are using, that is the most important information.
2020-10-25
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Iphone 8 plus

Everything works perfectly and reliably when using the Phantom 4 Pro. Same phone. Same cable.
2020-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there AdamD1122. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. For us to be able to assist you further may we know what is the firmware version of the Mavic Pro and the remote of it? In addition, please provide us a video or photo showing the concern. Thank you.
2020-10-26
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Hi Adam,
does the app recognize the Mavic as the current copter or not?
2020-10-26
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

If you are saying....

When I fly the Phantom, the app automatically knows that I'm connected to the Phantom 4 Pro. It's pretty cool.

Then when I switch to the Mavic Pro, the app will still show the Phantom. I have to manually switch the aircraft to the Mavic. But once there, it will give me the green Go Fly button.

I have noticed in the past sometimes it forgets what drone I have and I then have to manually select the Mavic.

Again, with the Phantom, it's just knows and will switch from the previous Mavic flight, to the Phantom when connected. But it will not work the other way with the Mavic.

I hope that answers your question.

Adam
2020-10-26
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hello, I think that you have a broken camera cable on your gimbal. Did you had a crash or hard landing? Is your Mavic old and used?

If you decide to change the camera cable, change the gimbal flex ribbon cable also. Camera cable is arround 20$, gimbal flex cable is 15$. See YT videos how to DIY.  Good luck.
2020-10-27
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Hi.

No crashes or hard landings. I have not flown in much this summer. Before that no problems. Since it has cooled off I've flown it more and initially it was perfectly fine, but these past few flights have been problematic.

Another comment was to get the firmware number and app version. I owe that. Just need to get that info.
2020-10-27
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Ok this is weird. I just tried flying the Mavic again and it was a flawless flight. Everything worked perfectly and as expected.

Need more data....but does this one great flight rule anything out?
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AdamD1122 Posted at 10-29 17:20
Ok this is weird. I just tried flying the Mavic again and it was a flawless flight. Everything worked perfectly and as expected.

Need more data....but does this one great flight rule anything out?

Hi there AdamD1122. Thank you for your reply, what I can advise is to kindly monitor the performance of the DJI Mavic Pro. If in case you've encountered a concern regarding its performance, I would suggest for you to kindly take a screenshot or photo if there are any error messages on the app or showing the issue. Thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

AdamD1122 Posted at 10-29 17:20

Need more data....but does this one great flight rule anything out?

As DJI Gamora said. Monitor situation..  and do not start the flight without locked home point or stay in VLOS (visual line of sight) so if your screen goes black again you can return to home.

Question: When your screen did go black did you have a telemetry data and a map? You can return to home using that information.

I still belive that you have a bad camera connection or a cable is somewere pinched. Fly more but with caution and let us know.
2020-10-30
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Hi.
When I got the black screen, I can see the map (lower left corner of the app screen). Honestly I don't know if there was live data there or not. I think all but one occasion the screen was black on startup and I never flew (except once just to see if the drone would actually work). The one time I did fly, I just took off, hovered and then landed.

I just flew it again with no problems at all. I think this is more interface related than a cable, but, I will keep track and see if I can narrow in on it.

Thanks!
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AdamD1122 Posted at 10-30 10:11
Hi.
When I got the black screen, I can see the map (lower left corner of the app screen). Honestly I don't know if there was live data there or not. I think all but one occasion the screen was black on startup and I never flew (except once just to see if the drone would actually work). The one time I did fly, I just took off, hovered and then landed.

Hi AdamD1122, thank you for your reply and additional information, there's a possibility, thus I will also advise you to kindly refrain to fly the drone in areas with high signal interference. Thank you for checking out and have a safe and happy flight.
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules