Best Carbon Fiber Props for Mavic Air 2?
6832 12 2020-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mWlDEOrfSIaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222395 ft
United States

TL;DR
Which carbon fiber propellers are best for Mavic Air 2?

I’m looking to upgrade my wings. The $11 propellers at DJI are (obviously) well suited for the drone, but I’m still a newb and saw some carbon fiber propellers on Amazon with a comment saying “don’t bother with these just get them from DJI itself and spend the extra money. Worth it.” Problem is, DJI Store App doesn’t seem to have any for the Mavic Air 2. So who’s carbon fiber blades should I buy? Lookin to save a few bucks on bent and broken propellers. (Yes I know, “so stop crashing and quit being a newbie.” Plan on it. Plan on it. But for now I’ve only flown about 10 times and am still a work in progress. Thanks for the help!
Edit: I originally posted this on my phone and now understand the system works much differnt on PC, and next time I will post under Mavic 2 Accessories where it belongs.

2020-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the DJI Mavic Air 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have used / purchased a carbon fiber propellers for the said DJI Drone. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic 2 Series drones specially propellers. Propellers are one of the main components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2020-10-25
Use props
ThugMuffin
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 22:07
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the DJI Mavic Air 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have used / purchased a carbon fiber propellers for the said DJI Drone. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic 2 Series drones specially propellers. Propellers are one of the main components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.

Thank you for the reply! I'll wait to see what other pilots have to say before making any decisions and in the meantime I may just get gud enough to not have to worry about them!
2020-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best to stick with the OEM props.
2020-10-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I personally never take the risk with props and stick with the DJI ones
2020-10-26
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally don't trust my drones to anything other than OEM or Master Airscrew props.  However, I don't think Master Airscrew has released any for the MA2 yet.

The DJI store appears to have them in stock:  https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-2-low-noise-propellers

Amazon also appears to have the OEM ones, but at a bit higher price:  https://www.amazon.com/Mavic-Air-Noise-Propellers-Original/dp/B08C2JLFGH

2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ThugMuffin Posted at 10-25 22:14
Thank you for the reply! I'll wait to see what other pilots have to say before making any decisions and in the meantime I may just get gud enough to not have to worry about them!

Hi there ThugMuffin. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-10-27
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Is this a Spark issue?
2020-10-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sparkz71 Posted at 10-29 23:48
Is this a Spark issue?

Yeah, it would be better off placing this in the Mavic Air forum
2020-10-30
Use props
ThugMuffin
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 10-30 00:16
Yeah, it would be better off placing this in the Mavic Air forum

I addressed this in my second comment
2020-10-30
Use props
ThugMuffin
lvl.2
United States

ThugMuffin Posted at 10-30 19:18

Excuse me, my edit
2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-10-31
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Addressed in your EDIT. Thank you. Happy flying.
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules