Can DJI make a FPV Monitor for digital ?
6824 16 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heart_Dragon
lvl.1

Vietnam

Hi,

I already owned a 5inch drone with a digital system and sometimes I wanna show my screen to my friend while flying but they haven't a goggles FPV. Can DJI make an FPV monitor for digital? It will be awesome if can show to everyone when flying, they're can see together at the same time without goggles.

Thank you

2020-10-26
Use props
rayk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

This is clearly needed.....DJI team is this coming?
2020-10-26
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

No, they want to sell you a $750 DJI Smart Controller (and then have to plug is into your goggles via another cable.  Not very "smart", if you ask me.
2020-10-26
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Even if they did I would not recommend to buy it. Look at crystalsky, It got buried. no further update. Might as well get another googles let them see thru audience mode, granted quality is worst.
2020-10-26
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

YES!!!  I wholeheartedly agree.  However, I've been on DJI for over a year about them making an "AFFORDABLE" use MONITOR and have received NOTHING but the usual canned response.  Everybody wants this to happen.  
2020-10-26
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

Well, affordable might be a tough pill to swallow for DJI. I would rather have them a complete product, monitor with an integrated receiver audience mode and HDMI in/out. Or give us a dedicated receiver like those that they have used in the events (supposedly 20 units exist) so we can plug to our favorite monitor. admittedly both option is nearly impossible or expensive so it might not happen. If they will give us a new crystalsky with 64bit processor that runs fpv live app then its the old crystalsky scenario again where we are begging to get an updated app to match the latest on android or smartcontroller app.
2020-10-27
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

jffry7 Posted at 10-26 16:47
Even if they did I would not recommend to buy it. Look at crystalsky, It got buried. no further update. Might as well get another googles let them see thru audience mode, granted quality is worst.

Unfortunately 50mbs mode will not allow you to use the audience mode...
2020-10-27
Use props
mc54
lvl.4

United States

It would be GREAT if DJI talked to the FPV community in a way that would show some respect for our technical knowledge instead of just being silent. There are some very smart people here who would understand and appreciate a technical explanation of why things are difficult to do (like having live audio on the FPV feed or a small cheap monitor).  Usually when I get an explanation as to the challenges behind something I am much more likely to cut the company slack.  When they say NOTHING, I just assume they are lazy, incompetent, or don't care about the people using their products.

2020-10-27
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

Giammi Posted at 10-27 01:43
Unfortunately 50mbs mode will not allow you to use the audience mode...

Yes but you cannot do it any other way, as the retransmission is allowed only on the pilot's main googles. IE one to one bind. Imagine retransmititng to 2 units, the air unit/vista will run-out of resource At least when you want it wireless.

If they release a tethered one like how the smartcontroller is connected to the main googles then you can get the higher rates, granted thru the main googles. But thats just another monitor with potential of no other use. If I remember correctly the DJI goggles was not given the HDMI chip so it cannot do USB C to HDMI, correct me if I am wrong.
2020-10-27
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

jffry7 Posted at 10-27 17:57
Yes but you cannot do it any other way, as the retransmission is allowed only on the pilot's main googles. IE one to one bind. Imagine retransmititng to 2 units, the air unit/vista will run-out of resource At least when you want it wireless.

If they release a tethered one like how the smartcontroller is connected to the main googles then you can get the higher rates, granted thru the main googles. But thats just another monitor with potential of no other use. If I remember correctly the DJI goggles was not given the HDMI chip so it cannot do USB C to HDMI, correct me if I am wrong.

I agree with you, I was just pointing out that buying a second pair of goggles it is a solution, but at the cost of losing the 50mbs mode and having more bulky stuff to carry in the bag (not to mention the cost itself).

What I don't understand is what is the difference between the smart controller and other devices when it comes to tethered connection. At the end the smart controller is only running an android app, nothing else. I mean, let me pay something to buy the app, but give me the chance to get it on my phone.
2020-10-28
Use props
mc54
lvl.4

United States

Using your phone as a secondary FPV monitor would be a KILLER APP.

Man, that would be COOL.
2020-10-28
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

Giammi Posted at 10-28 00:04
I agree with you, I was just pointing out that buying a second pair of goggles it is a solution, but at the cost of losing the 50mbs mode and having more bulky stuff to carry in the bag (not to mention the cost itself).

What I don't understand is what is the difference between the smart controller and other devices when it comes to tethered connection. At the end the smart controller is only running an android app, nothing else. I mean, let me pay something to buy the app, but give me the chance to get it on my phone.

That's actually a sensible request, you pay for the app and get it to your phone. I mean it can be tied in to DJI account. Litchi can do it to minimize pirated copies why not DJI. I guess its more of marketing than customer service to promote SC.

Imagine the YT'ber that claimed he can stream the feed via SD card pinout with a customize FW but DJI reached out to him (use your imagination what happened next). The point being that people will try to hack things anyway, why not give them an easy way using their phone and just pay the app. I personally would buy it. granted not the price of SC (since I already have it )
2020-10-28
Use props
lhk34591
lvl.1

South Korea

If you don't want to carry a heavy smart controller, you can put your smartphone camera on the goggles.  If you don't put the camera close to the goggles screen, the screen won't fit, but you can use a lens tube to make the goggles appear on the smartphone screen exactly.  The method of making tubes is to combine magnified and reduced lenses into a 1:1 ratio.  The camera performance of smartphones these days is amazing, so it's not much different from what you see on the screen of a smart controller.  The fact that the screen appears on the smartphone means that you can connect it to a monitor or TV.  The way to connect smartphones and goggles is possible with rubber bands, but it can also be made with 3D printers.
2021-3-2
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

There's little doubt - a lot of engineering went into this model especially with the new controller.  Regretfully, most all the videos out there instead of flying the model and getting used to tuning their skills, they all think they are aerobatic experts. Most videos portray typical idiots attempting low level aerobatics with no skill - this is no different than what we seen in the RC helicopter industry when aerobatics took over RC helicopters. This is a "Cash Cow" for DJI because when you impact the ground at 80-100+ mph in a dive, you look for the first trash can!

Mike
2021-3-3
Use props
chinmarifpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74596 ft
United States

Does anybody know if the Eachine LCD5802D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Monitor w/ DVR
work with the Dji Air Unit or the Caddx vista?

Thanks
2022-5-24
Use props
Kewalaman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136112 ft
United States

chinmarifpv Posted at 5-24 05:43
Does anybody know if the Eachine LCD5802D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Monitor w/ DVR
work with the Dji Air Unit or the Caddx vista?

Please let me know if you get an answer.

micskydive1@yahoo.com
2022-6-9
Use props
chinmarifpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74596 ft
United States

Kewalaman Posted at 6-9 10:25
Please let me know if you get an answer.

micskydive1@yahoo.com

i sent message via instagram asking the same thing,
Eachine - of course Said it SHOULD work
RDQ - stated its was Analog Thing

but short answer i cant find anyone using it on youtube with digital gear
2022-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules