DJI Wireless Mic question
18000 22 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Can Dji please tell us if you can pair an extra Dji wirreless mic to the pocket 2 so you can use two mics at the same time like the comica boom xd-2. If not, is this something possible with a firmware update?
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there andrei193. Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate the inquiry regarding the Dji Pocket 2. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello Andrei193, we have just checked with your Research team, if you already paired your Wireless mic to DJI Pocket 2, the input audio will only come from the the wireless mic. In other words, the internal mic of the Pocket 2 will not available when another mic device is paired with it. Hope this helps.
2020-10-27
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 01:51
Hello Andrei193, we have just checked with your Research team, if you already paired your Wireless mic to DJI Pocket 2, the input audio will only come from the the wireless mic. In other words, the internal mic of the Pocket 2 will not available when another mic device is paired with it. Hope this helps.

This is not what I actually asked. I will try again.

So basically what I am asking is this. Can I pair 2 wireless mics with the osmo pocket. If I buy a second wireless microphone can I use them both at the same time?
2020-10-27
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

Hello Andrei193, we have just checked with your Research team, if you already paired your Wireless mic to DJI Pocket 2, the input audio will only come from the the wireless mic. In other words, the internal mic of the Pocket 2 will not available when another mic device is paired with it. Hope this helps.

2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, sorry for the misunderstanding. DJI Pocket 2 does not support connect 2 wireless mics at the same time. But you can purchase the third party accessories with Wireless Microphone System Two Transmitters and Dual-channel Mic to achieve.

Hope this helps.
2020-10-27
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 03:04
Hello, sorry for the misunderstanding. DJI Pocket 2 does not support connect 2 wireless mics at the same time. But you can purchase the third party accessories with Wireless Microphone System Two Transmitters and Dual-channel Mic to achieve.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! Hope you will consider unlocking this feature with a firmware update if possible or produce a do-it-all handle with this possibility and some extra battery.
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

andrei193 Posted at 10-27 04:54
Thank you! Hope you will consider unlocking this feature with a firmware update if possible or produce a do-it-all handle with this possibility and some extra battery.

Thank you for your suggestions! We will forward your ideas to our engineers for the further developments on the DJI pocket 2.

Feel free to let us know if you still need any assistances, we are here to help.
2020-10-28
Use props
wikit
lvl.1
Germany

Hello Andrei193, we have just checked with your Research team, if you already paired your Wireless mic to DJI Pocket 2, the input audio will only come from the the wireless mic. In other words, the internal mic of the Pocket 2 will not available when another mic device is paired with it. Hope this helps.

Hello DJI Wanda,

is it possible to request this feature to have the the option to also activate internal mic at the same time the wireless mic is in use? Maybe an additional audiotrack written to the SD crad would be a nice extra also.

When someone "far" away has the mic and the camera person is talking with each other you can only hear one person...

Thanks!

ps. sorry didn't want to start a ne thread..
2020-11-10
Use props
wikit
lvl.1
Germany

Hello DJI Wanda,

is it possible to request this feature to have the the option to also activate internal mic at the same time the wireless mic is in use? Maybe an additional audiotrack written to the SD crad would be a nice extra also.

When someone "far" away has the mic and the camera person is talking with each other you can only hear one person...

Thanks!

ps. sorry didn't want to start a ne thread..
2020-11-10
Use props
Lyagukh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68179 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

I will second this request. There may be multiple situations when you want to record two persons with roughly the same quality and volume. E.g. when you are recording a battle report for a tabletop game. Having one person use wireless microphone and the other one - OP itself would solve the issue. As well as allowing multiple wireless microphones to connect and work simultaneously.
2021-1-4
Use props
trevm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think the topic has  been covered before for similar queries.  Although the Osmo Pocket (and original full size Osmo) does record two audio tracks on files it is not capable of capturing two separate external sources i.e. stereo or dual mono. Instead it just duplicates the Left input onto both tracks and ignores anything on the Right input.   Some dealers (and I believe even DJI themselves) advertised stereo mics to plug into the TRS 3.5mm minijack input on the original USB C adaptor and because people saw two tracks on their recorded files they believed they had a stereo recording, whereas in fact it was two identical Left legs.  

I'm guessing this restriction is just the same for the wireless mic which is very much a single channel mono link due to the hardware which a firmware update would not solve..  The Boya wireless system DOES provide a dual channel link to its own receiver and has a mono/stereo output switch which can combine the two channels into one.   Unfortunately there isn't a way to keep the mcis on separate tracks when recording on the Osmo Pocket though and you would have to settle for a mix of both mics.
2021-1-10
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is my biggest wish since the Pocket 2 was introduced with a Wireless Mic/Transmitter. I ordered a second wireless mic to try this concept out, but unfortunately, misplaced the first wireless mic during a hike before receiving the second mic and am not able to confirm this. Will just have to purchase one of the other third party ones.
Meanwhile, DJI, please continue to work towards making this feature possible as I still prefer not having to plug another dongle to the Do-It-All handle just to get a multi mic setup. You'll sell lots more wireless mic.
2021-1-14
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

I will second this. Dual wireless Mic compatibility will be great.. or internal Mic working with wireless mic at same time..
would like if extension rod joysticks sensitivity can be controlled.. make extension rod unusable as joystick is too sensitive
2021-2-23
Use props
PaulineEspinoza
New

United States

The image quality and stabilization is unrivaled for a small camera at this price. GoPro’s electronic stabilization is great but will never be as smooth as the Pocket 2’s mechanical gimbal buttery smoothness! The audio is also stellar right out of the box. In my opinion, here are reasons why and why not to choose the Pocket 2 over the GoPro:

Pros of the Pocket 2:
- Better stabilization
- Better image quality
- Better audio
- Better low light
- No crashing/freezing (so far)

note: you can take mic test online also check this out: https://mictest.me

2021-3-8
Use props
Olaf Lubeszko
New

Poland

After connecting the TRS to a wireless microphone, can I use an adapter with a splitter to connect two wired tie microphones? And the second question, does Pocket 2 itself have a Jack output so that you can connect a tie-clip microphone without using a wireless microphone?
2021-3-16
Use props
K.Gowan
lvl.1
United States

I was hoping for this as well.  I did find a solution in the Picomic 2.  While it is an additional expense, it works great (especially if you have the DJI Extension Rod already)  I have the wife, or another person, with one mic - and one on me.  They are very small and wireless up to the point of connecting the base to the Osmo Pocket 2.  
2021-8-25
Use props
K.Gowan
lvl.1
United States

K.Gowan Posted at 8-25 19:11
I was hoping for this as well.  I did find a solution in the Picomic 2.  While it is an additional expense, it works great (especially if you have the DJI Extension Rod already)  I have the wife, or another person, with one mic - and one on me.  They are very small and wireless up to the point of connecting the base to the Osmo Pocket 2.

Let me know if you want more information on the setup.  I just got this today, and so far it is seamless.  Happy to share any findings.  I'll probably do a video on it as well.
2021-8-25
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

K.Gowan Posted at 8-25 19:11
I was hoping for this as well.  I did find a solution in the Picomic 2.  While it is an additional expense, it works great (especially if you have the DJI Extension Rod already)  I have the wife, or another person, with one mic - and one on me.  They are very small and wireless up to the point of connecting the base to the Osmo Pocket 2.

Hello. This is in  fact super.
How do you connect the two picomic? with that base that has two bays for two picomics?
Thanks
2021-10-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Add me in as one of the people who would love to see a double-mic setup on Pocket 2.

I am considering getting a Rode Wireless Go II for this, but I have heard conflicting statements about whether it will work or not and if it needs additional adapters. Any insights here?
2021-10-4
Use props
POConnor412
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279068 ft
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 2021-10-4 13:06
Add me in as one of the people who would love to see a double-mic setup on Pocket 2.

I am considering getting a Rode Wireless Go II for this, but I have heard conflicting statements about whether it will work or not and if it needs additional adapters. Any insights here?

I use the Rode Wireless Go II in my daily production and love it, especially with my DJI Pocket. The good news... you can record your mixed stereo feed with your video, but the audio channels are mixed. The other upside is that these mics also record cleanly so you can sync the audio in post if the levels are not ideal on the raw video recording.
2022-10-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

POConnor412 Posted at 10-10 11:06
I use the Rode Wireless Go II in my daily production and love it, especially with my DJI Pocket. The good news... you can record your mixed stereo feed with your video, but the audio channels are mixed. The other upside is that these mics also record cleanly so you can sync the audio in post if the levels are not ideal on the raw video recording.

Thanks for your information and input. For me the problem has been solved though, as I got myself the DJI Mic and that works with the Pocket 2 when using the Do-It-All Handle and the 3,5mm stereo connection. Though I have heard that the Rode Wireless Go II is also a very good option for this purpose. :-)
2022-10-13
Use props
chrisjaimon
New

India

Even I would love to see a double-mic setup on Pocket 2. Thinking of moto-vlogging using the DJI Pocket 2/3.
Dual-mic would help me capture engine sound and helmet audio.
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules