Pocket control stick
5452 11 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Following from the DJI video,

DJI, could i ask  will there be a firmware update for the pocket 1 to use this control stick ?

Since the original controller wheel was proportional, and it looks like the 'control stick' is not proportional and movement speed set by a menu option ( ie pan speed etc ... ) on OP2

Thanks !
2020-10-26
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"Since the original controller wheel was proportional, and it looks like the 'control stick' is not proportional and movement speed set by a menu option ( ie pan speed etc ... ) on OP2"

I'm waiting for actual user feedback. I wonder what fantasies will be crushed ...
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MKosmo. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this DJI DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick video here at DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry the DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick is compatible with the DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition, I will post the DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Osmo Pocket Accessory Compatibility List for additional reference. Thank you.

2020-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2020-10-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  I will definitely be buying the pocket control stick, especially since it will work with OP and P2.
2020-10-27
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I think there is no doubt the new controller stick will fit the Osmo Pocket 1 and it will also function to a degree.

However, I think my point is being missed.

The Osmo Pocket 1 had the controller wheel and a small movement on the controller wheel gave a slow amount of gimbal movement, and a large movement of the controller wheel gave a faster gimbal movement.
Ie: the action was a proportional control.

The Osmo Pocket 2 has the 'control stick' with a pull down menu to select the gimbal speed. Which suggests it is not a proportional control now, rather a pan/tilt.  on/off type control.

Hence without Osmo Pocket 1 firmware update, the control stick may just pan / tilt at full speed - which may disappoint some expecting a nice slow pan / tilt option.

2020-10-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 2020-10-27 08:21
I think there is no doubt the new controller stick will fit the Osmo Pocket 1 and it will also function to a degree.

However, I think my point is being missed.

You are right I just bought the control stick for my OP1 and it rotates the gimbal too fast and there is no way to slow it down or set the speed on the OP1 very disapointed
2022-1-29
Use props
djiuser_lPGj0I8DB7Vj
New

Italy

Any updates on this?
I have the OP and since the Controller Wheel is not available anywhere, I was thinking about buying the Mini Control Stick but if it only pans at full speed it's useless...
Thank you
2023-4-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_lPGj0I8DB7Vj Posted at 4-20 00:55
Any updates on this?
I have the OP and since the Controller Wheel is not available anywhere, I was thinking about buying the Mini Control Stick but if it only pans at full speed it's useless...
Thank you

On the Pocket 2, there is a setting where you can adjust the joystick speed under the Options/Accessories menu. Not sure about the original Osmo Pocket though.
2023-4-20
Use props
djiuser_lPGj0I8DB7Vj
New

Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 4-20 08:11
On the Pocket 2, there is a setting where you can adjust the joystick speed under the Options/Accessories menu. Not sure about the original Osmo Pocket though.

Yes, there is a specific setting in the Pocket 2, but I am not sure an updated firmware for the OP has been released with this option and I can't find any information about this.
2023-4-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_lPGj0I8DB7Vj Posted at 4-20 12:50
Yes, there is a specific setting in the Pocket 2, but I am not sure an updated firmware for the OP has been released with this option and I can't find any information about this.

I see, I hope you'll find it. I do know that there are some limitations on the functionality of the joystick on the original OP, such as no support for the zoom function.
2023-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules