Shut up and take my money!!
2020-10-26
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Someone just bought something that's not suppose to exist yet. Like something from another dimension.   
2020-10-26
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scarves UP Posted at 10-26 05:39
Also no obstacle avoidance.

10KM range with no OA. I don't know.
2020-10-26
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DO you think the current Mini batteries will interchange on the Mini 2?
2020-10-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Steven Hawthorne Posted at 10-26 12:57
DO you think the current Mini batteries will interchange on the Mini 2?

In this video it appears to be backwards compatible but with the lower voltage you probably won't be able to capture 4k, and have the same wind performance of the original mini but this is just speculation.
@5:20

2020-10-26
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

Watch the video - no they do not.
2020-10-26
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 10-26 12:27
10KM range with no OA.  I don't know.

Legally in the US you have to have a line of site to the drone. No way can you see a Mini from 10Km away.
2020-10-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

SublimeQuad Posted at 10-26 13:06
Watch the video - no they do not.

@5:20 both batteries fit the new mini, what am i Missing?
2020-10-26
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

MarcelMG Posted at 10-26 12:01
Shut up and take my money!!

I'm gonna have that tattoo'd on my forehead!
2020-10-26
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
United States

"Fit" is not the same as "work". The new batteries are LiPo 2S and put out a different voltage than the original Mini's Li Ion 2S batteries.
And you absolutely would not attempt to use the same charger to charge LiPos or the LiPo charger to charge Li Ion!
2020-10-26
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 10-26 13:08
@5:20 both batteries fit the new mini, what am i Missing?

It fits, but is not fully seating, I'm sure it's not going to work.
2020-10-26
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

Do we know the price yet?  I bought my Mavic Mini on release and this seems like a really good upgrade but at the same time I don't know if I could fork over another $100-$200.
2020-10-26
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

States weight of 242g on the box
2020-10-26
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They are different batteries, not compatible between the two models. Also 4k60fps is out unfortunately... not sure on raw photos yet though.
2020-10-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

So next week we will be able to buy it or?
Don't think it will be available for another 2 weeks in Norway, Pocket 2 is still not in stock here.
2020-10-26
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Yeah, quite wrong.
2020-10-26
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

on the video I noticed inconsistencies on the packaging for those who speak French look well on the box as is written 'embalage' ???? moreover I find it strange that dji writes in English OK in Chinese OK but in French ???
2020-10-26
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

MatthewW28 Posted at 10-26 13:21
Do we know the price yet?  I bought my Mavic Mini on release and this seems like a really good upgrade but at the same time I don't know if I could fork over another $100-$200.

Price as of Adorama $449 drone, $599 Fly more combo - also combo price verified by purchaser at Best Buy!
2020-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SublimeQuad Posted at 10-26 13:07
Legally in the US you have to have a line of site to the drone. No way can you see a Mini from 10Km away.

You’re correct, but having such a strong signal guarantees good signal in VLOS.
2020-10-26
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I received from another group, a similar link:
https://dronedj.com/2020/10/26/d ... n0o-PRJ7XG7tsFLIQZA
2020-10-26
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucky guy! It’s great they add all these features in the mini and kept the weight the same!  
2020-10-26
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

sbonev Posted at 10-26 11:07
well it seems legit - 4k as rumored. the occusync and increased speed tolerance are the 2 things that convinced me already...though i don't like the new bag. the mini case was better, but well...

The cam could shoot 4K because it is the same as the Pocket and Action. The limitation was the transfer speed that couldn't cope with increased 4K data. It needed to be increased at least to 60 Mps to shoot 4K. I have been told that the limitatiion on transfer speed was due to overheat problems during tests (it seems testers got a 4K Mini at the beginning). To solve the overheating problem DJI reduced the transfer speed and limiting the cam to 2.7K. If you look closely to the front of the Mini 2 there is a horizontal slot. This maybe is a cooling entrance to solve the overheat problem.
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tide. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video photos at DJI Forum. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always. .
2020-10-26
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

amferreira Posted at 10-26 17:34
The cam could shoot 4K because it is the same as the Pocket and Action. The limitation was the transfer speed that couldn't cope with increased 4K data. It needed to be increased at least to 60 Mps to shoot 4K. I have been told that the limitatiion on transfer speed was due to overheat problems during tests (it seems testers got a 4K Mini at the beginning). To solve the overheating problem DJI reduced the transfer speed and limiting the cam to 2.7K. If you look closely to the front of the Mini 2 there is a horizontal slot. This maybe is a cooling entrance to solve the overheat problem.

60Mbps can do it but I hope it can go up to 100Mbps for best result.
2020-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This looks rather real.
But.....
You never know until DJI releases it.
It is strange that there is no event (at least, not that I know off) teaser
2020-10-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 09:31
This is very much a Christmas product, beginners etc . In time for both thanksgiving and Christmas markets. So marketing wise this is the way to go, I expect many of these to be sold . I’m thinking of getting another one because of the ocusync and 4 k just hope it also supports raw.

You and me both.

My finger is poised over the buy button ready to push.

And occusync 2 means thatyou can fly with Smartcontroller now that the Fly app has been ported.

Woo Hoo.

2020-10-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most people who fly out to those distances (or at least attempt to) turn off OA anyway to conserve battery power and to get that range the drone will need to be at max flight altitude (400' AGL) to gain a clear line of site to maintain the signal. With the exception of birds there will be no obstacles to avoid that high in non congested areas and if a bird wants your drone out the sky OA will not stop that from happening. Range and OA don't go hand-in-hand.

What is more important for distance flying is the battery power and thus overall flight time so the drone has enough juice for a safe return and the power of the motors being able to handle a moderate breeze - you don't want to be that guy who turns a Mini 2 around from 6.21 miles away into a 20MPH wind if it can't handle it - or you'll be going home empty handed.  
2020-10-27
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

A J Posted at 10-27 01:06
Most people who fly out to those distances (or at least attempt to) turn off OA anyway to conserve battery power and to get that range the drone will need to be at max flight altitude (400' AGL) to gain a clear line of site to maintain the signal. With the exception of birds there will be no obstacles to avoid that high in non congested areas and if a bird wants your drone out the sky OA will not stop that from happening. Range and OA don't go hand-in-hand.

What is more important for distance flying is the battery power and thus overall flight time so the drone has enough juice for a same return and the power of the motors being able to handle a moderate breeze - you don't want to be that guy who turns a Mini 2 around from 6.21 miles away into a 20MPH wind if it can't handle it - or you'll be going home empty handed.

Uh-oh, looks like DJI hide this post.
2020-10-27
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

amferreira Posted at 10-26 17:34

The front slot is a forward light, but the two eye holes that use to be stickers are now open to allow airflow so I'd agree they are getting more air inside to keep things cooler.

MM1

2020-10-27
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

The new prop holder looks promising, hopefully no Rear Left prop issues on the mini 2.

2020-10-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-27 02:19
Uh-oh, looks like DJI hide this post.

Yeah, I can well imagine they are not best pleased with that store - I half expect the store Manager will be looking for a new job fairly soon for breaching the contract they would have inevitably had in pace with DJI.
2020-10-27
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 10-27 01:06

What is more important for distance flying is the battery power and thus overall flight time so the drone has enough juice for a same return and the power of the motors being able to handle a moderate breeze - you don't want to be that guy who turns a Mini 2 around from 6.21 miles away into a 20MPH wind if it can't handle it - or you'll be going home empty handed.

There is already a better method to describe signal strength by using signal emission power, or by using decibel of the transmitter or receiver. This to substitute using distance as a form of measuring signal quality.
2020-10-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maxi3D Posted at 10-27 06:35
There is already a better method to describe signal strength by using signal emission power, or by using decibel of the transmitter or receiver. This to substitute using distance as a form of measuring signal quality.

My point being is that there is no correlation between the signal quality (whether CE or FCC) and the drone not having obstacle avoidance given your post where you were not sure that the Mini 2 could have a 10KM range with no OA...  
2020-10-27
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 10-27 06:38
My point being is that there is no correlation between the signal quality (whether CE or FCC) and the drone not having obstacle avoidance given your post where you were not sure that the Mini 2 could have a 10KM range with no OA...

Thanks, AJ!
2020-10-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll be fine without OA mate - as long as it doesn't get blown off course - not that I'd recommend flying any drone that far anyway.
2020-10-27
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Tide Posted at 10-26 21:40
60Mbps can do it but I hope it can go up to 100Mbps for best result.

I wrote 60Mps because is the minimum and what the M1P had. MA1, Pocket and Action with the same sensor have 100 Mps.
2020-10-27
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

There have been several leaks so far.
2020-10-28
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Seems to be a lot better than the regular mavic mini with 4K and occusync and pano. I like it.
2020-10-28
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Makes me wonder when...
2020-10-30
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

"I would like to clarify something for everyone watching this forum topic.  

The Software Development Kit only grants access to the pre-existing functions of a drone's firmware and hardware but the SDK can not change what is under the hood.  So the SDK can only expose already existing features of a drone. Which means, any current limitations of the drone will continue to apply since these are dictated by the drone's firmware/hardware.

To know what features are possible with the Mavic Mini 2.

In the manual, there is a section called "Intelligent Flight Mode" and there is not a waypoint feature here.  DJI's SDK engineers do not have any control over this and if anyone would like to request this as a feature please email Support@DJI.com "

You will probably hear it
2020-10-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules