DJI MIMO App - No Livestream Option
12Next >
6231 42 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

I recently updated the MIMO app and now don't have the LiveStream option. Before the update everything worked fine. I can connect to the Action, control the camera, change setting, etc but no livestream option. ?????

Any ideas what the issue may be?
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Steve P. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know that you are having issues regarding the DJI Mimo app for your DJI Osmo action. For us to be able to assist you further may we know what is the mobile device you are using and what is the version of the application installed? In addition, were you able to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon re-installing the DJI Mimo app? Please be advised that before we try to reinstall the app, kindly back up your important shots or downloaded files on the app and to enable all of the application permissions once it is reinstalled.
2020-10-26
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-26 07:47
Hello there Steve P. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know that you are having issues regarding the DJI Mimo app for your DJI Osmo action. For us to be able to assist you further may we know what is the mobile device you are using and what is the version of the application installed? In addition, were you able to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon re-installing the DJI Mimo app? Please be advised that before we try to reinstall the app, kindly back up your important shots or downloaded files on the app and to enable all of the application permissions once it is reinstalled.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm on Android (Galaxy S7) and the MIMO app version is 1.5.0. I did uninstall and reinstall the app, same issue.
2020-10-26
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Steve P. Posted at 10-26 07:54
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm on Android (Galaxy S7) and the MIMO app version is 1.5.0. I did uninstall and reinstall the app, same issue.

Steve I just started a thread about Android  live streaming. I've felled in the past to setup my SG 9+ with no success. if you were successful in the past I may have been going about incorrectly. I look forward to what dji comes back with.
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 10-26 07:54
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm on Android (Galaxy S7) and the MIMO app version is 1.5.0. I did uninstall and reinstall the app, same issue.

Thank you for the reply, we can try to isolate and check if the issue will occur upon borrowing/using a different mobile device. Upon checking the mobile device you are using (Samsung Galaxy S7 ) I'm sorry to say that this has not been tested by our DJI technicians and by far, its reliability and stability running DJI Mimo App is uncertain. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team is continuously testing multiple devices to be added to the said list in the future. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding. You may refer to our tested and recommended devices below:
2020-10-29
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-29 05:41
Thank you for the reply, we can try to isolate and check if the issue will occur upon borrowing/using a different mobile device. Upon checking the mobile device you are using (Samsung Galaxy S7 ) I'm sorry to say that this has not been tested by our DJI technicians and by far, its reliability and stability running DJI Mimo App is uncertain. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team is continuously testing multiple devices to be added to the said list in the future. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding. You may refer to our tested and recommended devices below: [view_image]

Thank you for the info. However, it did work on the previous version of the app, so it may be possible to determine what programming changes were made to see how it was affected. Seems very strange. Is there any way for me to use the previous app version? Thanks
2020-10-29
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

3Recon Posted at 10-27 18:26
Steve I just started a thread about Android  live streaming. I've felled in the past to setup my SG 9+ with no success. if you were successful in the past I may have been going about incorrectly. I look forward to what dji comes back with.

According to their response below, the S9+ should be compatible. Mine is a little squirrely trying to connect at times, even when they are inches apart. Anyway, I hope you get it fixed.
2020-10-29
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

Steve P. Posted at 10-29 06:17
According to their response below, the S9+ should be compatible. Mine is a little squirrely trying to connect at times, even when they are inches apart. Anyway, I hope you get it fixed.

I need to try on Facebook, I was attempting using  U tube which I have since found out I would need a certain number of follower.
2020-10-29
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

3Recon Posted at 10-29 11:40
I need to try on Facebook, I was attempting using  U tube which I have since found out I would need a certain number of follower.

I've been working with their support folks via email and they are saying that are not supporting the older Android versions. They said they will stop supporting anything before Android 6.0. My phone actually has version 8.0, so that shouldn't be the issue.

They are sending me a link to downgrade the app version. Once I check that out, I'll respond on this thread.

Another possible issue for me is that Samsung stopped providing security updates as of last December.
2020-10-29
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

Well Steve P. It works for me on Facebook. I Started a page back when I had a art studio and did street fairs to show my events and hours. I go there now and I'm lost, everybody else's stuffs is there.  Have to do a  little reading to see how I can have something like U tube with somethings like what type of Visibility there is or just start a new page. I do want to share some of my travels , when ever that becomes safe again...when I fill comfortable again.
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

HI Steve. Here are sth we need to check:
are you able to enter the liveview page platform selection? Or even cannot see the "liveview" on the photo/video/slowmotion mode selection?

if u could enter the liveview page(rtmp should be found,just cannot see the platform), would u plz let me know your region/country ?

2020-10-30
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-30 03:59
HI Steve. Here are sth we need to check:
are you able to enter the liveview page platform selection? Or even cannot see the "liveview" on the photo/video/slowmotion mode selection?

The Livestream option does not appear as a selection. I have photo/video/slo motion, etc but no Livestream option.
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Steve P. Posted at 10-30 04:28
The Livestream option does not appear as a selection. I have photo/video/slo motion, etc but no Livestream option.

would you plz check the osmo action firmware is V01.09.00.10?

power on osmo action-> setting (swip down, gear button)-> about   -> Firmware Version.

2020-10-30
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-30 04:37
would you plz check the osmo action firmware is V01.09.00.10?

power on osmo action-> setting (swip down, gear button)-> about   -> Firmware Version.

Yes that is the firmware version.
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 10-30 05:38
Yes that is the firmware version.

Hi Steve, we are sorry for the difficulties. We'd love to check more about your case. Please help to export the following logs, upload to Dropbox and provide us with the link so we can investigate it.
1. The app's logs
DJI/djimimo/log/cache/
DJI/djimimo/log/logs
2. Camera Log
Camera SD card/MISC/LOG/camera-log
(this log is located in the hidden folder, please set their PC to show hidden files: Go to “Computer”- click “Organize”- click “Folders and search options”- click the “View” tab – In the “Advanced settings” find and select the “Show hidden files, folders, or drives” option – then click “Apply”)
Thank you for your cooperation, look forward to your reply.
2020-11-1
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-1 19:30
Hi Steve, we are sorry for the difficulties. We'd love to check more about your case. Please help to export the following logs, upload to Dropbox and provide us with the link so we can investigate it.
1. The app's logs
DJI/djimimo/log/cache/

I can get to the camera log, but have no idea how to download the app logs and cache. Need a little more guidance, please. Thanks
2020-11-2
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

Hey Steve still in a holding pattern? I'm guesting more people would have some input if they had a similar device. I have a question it may seem useless but back to basic mentioning.
when you uninstalled Mimo app did you do a phone restart?  Then I'm sure you may have what's different from the s8, maybe google s7 vs s8 for maybe some enlightenment or waste (maybe a long wait) call Samsung support and see if they have some input.
My maybe's are just talking out loud of things you may have already done and not insult. I person I wouldn't be concerned open dialogue.  enough, Good luck
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 11-2 14:59
I can get to the camera log, but have no idea how to download the app logs and cache. Need a little more guidance, please. Thanks

I am deeply sorry for the delay, Steve, the log of the app can be exported by the computer as well. Please connect the mobile device to the computer and check the disk of your mobile device, find the app and the folder mentioned above.
2020-11-18
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-18 22:29
I am deeply sorry for the delay, Steve, the log of the app can be exported by the computer as well. Please connect the mobile device to the computer and check the disk of your mobile device, find the app and the folder mentioned above.

Okay, I believe I have all the files pulled together. Where do you want me to send a share link?
2020-11-19
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

3Recon Posted at 11-4 09:29
Hey Steve still in a holding pattern? I'm guesting more people would have some input if they had a similar device. I have a question it may seem useless but back to basic mentioning.
when you uninstalled Mimo app did you do a phone restart?  Then I'm sure you may have what's different from the s8, maybe google s7 vs s8 for maybe some enlightenment or waste (maybe a long wait) call Samsung support and see if they have some input.
My maybe's are just talking out loud of things you may have already done and not insult. I person I wouldn't be concerned open dialogue.  enough, Good luck

I worked with the support tech to roll back the app version, and it did work the first time I tried it. Unfortunately after that I could not get it to work again. Still battling. Seems like it may be a camera setting but I am missing it somehow. I am sending the camera logs and app logs to them so they can continue troubleshooting.
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 11-19 05:04
Okay, I believe I have all the files pulled together. Where do you want me to send a share link?

You can send me PM, thank you very much.
2020-11-19
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-19 05:15

sent! Thanks
2020-11-19
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-19 05:15

By the way, I also have an iPhone 8 that I tried this with and it doesn't work either. There is no livestream option in the MIMO app for livestreaming.  The app can connect and control the camera as designed but does not give the option to livestream. Seems like maybe a phone setting is off or something?
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 11-19 12:51
By the way, I also have an iPhone 8 that I tried this with and it doesn't work either. There is no livestream option in the MIMO app for livestreaming.  The app can connect and control the camera as designed but does not give the option to livestream. Seems like maybe a phone setting is off or something?

Thank you for providing the link and the additional info, I had sent the file and let our engineers check on it. I will keep you updated once there is a reply. Thank you for your patience.
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 11-19 12:51

Hi Steve. I had sent you PM, please check and keep us updated.
2020-11-25
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-25 02:26
Hi Steve. I had sent you PM, please check and keep us updated.

Just sent you a message and link to dropbox files. Thanks
2020-11-30
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-29 05:41
Thank you for the reply, we can try to isolate and check if the issue will occur upon borrowing/using a different mobile device. Upon checking the mobile device you are using (Samsung Galaxy S7 ) I'm sorry to say that this has not been tested by our DJI technicians and by far, its reliability and stability running DJI Mimo App is uncertain. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team is continuously testing multiple devices to be added to the said list in the future. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding. You may refer to our tested and recommended devices below: [view_image]

why does the screen shot show 1.5.2 yet the apple store is 1.5.4 as of two weeks ago, same for the Android version

2020-11-30
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Steve P. Posted at 11-30 06:02

Hey Steve, I just tested 1.5.4 IOS from the app store and 1.5.4 from the playstore and can see the live stream option on it when connected to my OSMO Action cam
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 11-30 06:02

Hi Steve, sorry for the trouble, please check the PM and keep us updated.
2020-12-4
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-4 05:46
Hi Steve, sorry for the trouble, please check the PM and keep us updated.

Latest update - downloaded the new firmware - V01.10.00.40, and now have the Livestream feature. We'll see if it remains, but or the moment, it looks like it works.
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 12-14 12:33
Latest update - downloaded the new firmware - V01.10.00.40, and now have the Livestream feature. We'll see if it remains, but or the moment, it looks like it works.

Thank you very much for the update, please keep us updated if the issue exists again.
2020-12-15
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-15 06:02
Thank you very much for the update, please keep us updated if the issue exists again.

Good evening. It appears that it has happened again. It worked for a time or two, even as recent as this afternoon. Tonight however, as I prepared to livestream something happened. The camera turned off and then apparently reset itself as what I turned it back on I had to go through the setup menu and re-establish the wireless connection. It took many tried to reconnect through bluetooth, and when it finally did, the livestream feature was gone again. I'll send you a link to the camera and app logs. at this point though, I am wondering if DJI would be willing to send me a replacement camera. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

2020-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I refresh your firmware, if that fails request FWV99********** it reloads missing features like hyperlapse back in.  Or request on DJI's dime a RMA for a trouble-free camera.
2020-12-24
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 12-24 05:01
I refresh your firmware, if that fails request FWV99********** it reloads missing features like hyperlapse back in.  Or request on DJI's dime a RMA for a trouble-free camera.

The firm ware is the latest version. Not sure what you mean by refresh it. Also what do you mean by request FWV99*********?
2020-12-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Steve P. Posted at 12-24 13:17
The firm ware is the latest version. Not sure what you mean by refresh it. Also what do you mean by request FWV99*********?

Refresh is reload same firmware.
FW 99 is  offered FW from DJI
2020-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve P. Posted at 2020-12-23 18:25
Good evening. It appears that it has happened again. It worked for a time or two, even as recent as this afternoon. Tonight however, as I prepared to livestream something happened. The camera turned off and then apparently reset itself as what I turned it back on I had to go through the setup menu and re-establish the wireless connection. It took many tried to reconnect through bluetooth, and when it finally did, the livestream feature was gone again. I'll send you a link to the camera and app logs. at this point though, I am wondering if DJI would be willing to send me a replacement camera. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

I am sorry for the late reply, I had received your PM and replied, please check, thank you.
2021-1-4
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

Just an update for anyone following. I ended up sending the camera back to DJI. They replaced the control board and the wifi board. Live stream function was restored and I used it once before the camera completely stopped working. It will not charge and it gets hot when plugged in to charge. So, I have returned it to DJI for additional service.
2021-1-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

So Sorry to hear this, why did not DJI inspect their work?  was this free, the work?  Lets hope they can repair their mistakes.
2021-1-24
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-24 07:28
So Sorry to hear this, why did not DJI inspect their work?  was this free, the work?  Lets hope they can repair their mistakes.

We'll see. A little frustrating. Not sure I want to mess with it anymore.
2021-1-24
Use props
Steve P.
lvl.2
United States

Okay, one more update. I returned the camera and DJI replaced the control board and battery this time. I have used it to livestream, but the camera stream cut off twice in a 1 hr stream.  I am not sure if it is the camera or wifi issue at the house. I wish this camera could livestream via the USB C cable, acting like a webcam instead of having to livestream over wifi. Not sure if I will keep the camera, but if there isn't a firmware update soon to include this capability, then I will most likely sell the camera and buy more of a studio camera. When I boght it, I didn't realize how dependent I would be on livestreaming. Picture quality overall is very good and I like the camera. It would be perfect if it could act as a webcam via the USB-C cable.
2021-2-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules