My very first succesful flight :)
1150 8 2014-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

I followed all tyhe instructions.....
It HAS to be 15 mph winds today..and COLD.
Did all the fireware upgrades, compass calibration and had a solid GPS lock (slow green flashing LED)
I couldnt beleive my lying eyes as I watched it just STAY there in the higher winds,.VERY little drifting. I took her out about 100 yards, brought her back home 3-4 times and called it  a day...

Cool.

2014-11-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Congratulations!  I too have been amazed by how well the Phantoms can maintain position on a gusty day.

By the way, you've already demonstrated a significant skill that puts you in a select group -- you've actually read the manual!  In addition you're already here on the forum.  I can't begin to tell you how much more I learned about my Phantom from reading posts and asking questions.  Just remember, stay calm and wait for seven satellites!
2014-11-21
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Ive been reading and watching youtube vids two weeks before arrival...

Note. Secons and third fight.  Dark out , hit a tree in yard, ni biggie. Camera fell out. Took a 'hard' landing, camera fell out.
Ive since made my owm safety system for the camera...so I won tlose it.

Another note.  I must have had it 1000feet up tonight, full control....very cool.
2014-11-21
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

The attackment for the stock FC40 camera..well...its not good.  Ill come p with my own safety in a dauy or two..

Btw..pardon my spelling...I have MS and my vision isd getting bl;urry.  
2014-11-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You may want to seriously consider getting some training wheels oops.... I mean prop guards!.  If you have an minor bumps into things like tree trunks they tend to allow the Phantom to bounce off rather that digging itself into the obstacle.  Also helpful when landing if it tends to tip over into the front props.  
2014-11-22
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Thanks..I put the prob guards on last night.  Why the landing gears are square instead of triangular is beyond me..it just wants to tip over
2014-11-23
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

congrats on your first flight, but my advice would be to keep safety in mind at all times.
taking it to 1000 feet is not wise wt this early stage, and definately not when its dark !
fly safe
2014-11-23
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the advice..Ill take it....
Winter is coming here..so my flight times will be greatly reduced very soon
2014-11-23
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Btw...this is my 5th quad copter......so Im not exactly a newb flying these.  The GPS makes it sooo very much easier.  Im used to what is described as ATTI mode on the Phantom.  
What I am really nervous about is..CL. HL and the Failsafe modes, testing them out.    That concerns me as I am definatley NOT used to nay of those features. The WiFi camera is also a distraction Im not used to having.   
2014-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules