Smartcontroller- compatible mission planning software
1780 4 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigskydrones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is the smartcontroller compatible with any professional mission planning systems?  
Having read numerous threads there seem to be various workarounds but no software which is specifically designed for the smartcontroller.
It would seem that I will need to purchase an ipad/tablet and standard controller if I wish this utility.
I would welcome your comments and experience.
Many thanks
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello bigskydrones, thank you for reaching us out. Currently the DJI Smart controller can be used with the selected third-party applications and optimized to DJI applications. Although we don't have a list for the third-party apps that can be used with the Smart controller, you can try to install the app that you want to use with it to see if it will be working.

Just a quick reminder: DJI bears no responsibility for the safe use of or compatibility support for third-party apps. If a third-party app is affecting the performance of the Smart Controller, try to delete the third-party apps or reset the Smart Controller to factory settings. To reset the Smart Controller to factory settings, go to Factory Data Reset under Settings.

Link for the manual of the Smart Controller might be helpful: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al+English+v1.4.pdf

Thank you for your support.  
2020-10-27
Use props
Huon Wilson
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-10-27 08:52
Hello bigskydrones, thank you for reaching us out. Currently the DJI Smart controller can be used with the selected third-party applications and optimized to DJI applications. Although we don't have a list for the third-party apps that can be used with the Smart controller, you can try to install the app that you want to use with it to see if it will be working.

Just a quick reminder: DJI bears no responsibility for the safe use of or compatibility support for third-party apps. If a third-party app is affecting the performance of the Smart Controller, try to delete the third-party apps or reset the Smart Controller to factory settings. To reset the Smart Controller to factory settings, go to Factory Data Reset under Settings.

This is false and misleading. After scouring countless forums no 3rd party apps for professional mission planning are confirmed to work with the DJI smart controller.

In my own experience Pix4D Capture and the associated Ctrl+DJI apps do not work with the Smart Controller.

DJI should fix this and publish a list of stable working 3rd party apps for flight missions. Or provide their own.
2022-7-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I'm planning missions using Litchi. As I was planning to do the same shots over and over to follow up the progress of a house building, I planned the mission on my pc on the Litchi-website and having my M2P do the mission every time using my smart controller.

Litchi is not specific made for the SC, but it works fine. DJI doesn't certify any 3rd party app. So in case you crash your drone it's onto you yourself. They will never take responsibility for 3rd party software.
2022-7-30
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

SC is discontinued:/
2022-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules