Frames Per Second
1898 6 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pzooky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377382 ft
United Kingdom

So I've got a Sony Xperia 1 II which works fine with Mimo but there is only one option for frame rate 30fps, are there any plans to make available fps options as it would be nice to have 24fps or 25fps and some other options with higher frame rates for slow motion?
2020-10-26
Use props
NormanC
New
New Zealand

I 120% agree. 25fps is used by over half the countries in the world. Not being able to shoot at 25 (and 24 of course) is just.... incomprehensible.

For many people it doubt it makes too much difference in our digital age.

BUT, smartphone cameras are now so good, that it's genuinely viable to intercut that footage with other camera footage. Or indeed broadcast it on TV. Having to do a conversion from 30 to 25 or 24 will inevitably degrade the video quality.

This lack of support in SOFTWARE is very common. Most companies seem to think that 30 fps is universal. The hardware can do it, as witnessed by other applications that can shoot at those other frame rates.

iPhones can do it easily. As noted above, the Sony Xperias specifically have it as a native option.

Android may be more difficult, but I know it can be done as there are some apps that can.

DJI, your devices like the Phantom drones can do it with the change of a software switch.
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pzooky. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 II ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 II will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.
2020-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-26 19:43
Hello there Pzooky. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 II ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 II will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

So supported devices do have 25fps, or is this something that mimo just does not offer?
2020-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can always opt for a 3rd party app that does support 25fps
Filmic Pro has it and does support Osmo models.
Not sure if they have an android version as well with Osmo support.
2020-10-27
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-10-26 19:43
Hello there Pzooky. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 II ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 II will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

Would be great for us in the pal regions for an update. Could do without the flicker.

2021-1-8
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Since the last update I can't record in 4k the only option now is 1080 or 720, 4k worked before. What's going on DJI you seem to have fallen off the grid???
2021-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules