HUGE problem with default resolution on iOS
2357 4 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

So DJI Mimo just screwed up about 2hrs of footage for me. I'm using DJI Mimo to shoot with the Osmo Mobile 3 on my iPhone 11 Pro and I always shoot in 4k60 so I never mess around with the resolution setting. For the 2nd time now, after DJI Mimo updated itself from the AppStore, it reset the resolution to 720p@30!!! Because I never change it, I didn't notice it in the little settings icon so I shot my entire vacation in 720p. I'm trying not to be rude, but this is beyond stupid and SO frustrating! Why would you guys have it reset to the lowest possible resolution after an update, what would be the possible need for that?! I would have been better off leaving the gimbal at home and just hand holding my phone!
2020-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the warning.....
2020-10-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Ice_2k, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. For a software update at  times the settings that has been set may change during a new update without prior notice. You can refer to the version history that you can see in the app store for the changes that has been made/added.

Checking the compatible devices shows that an iPhone 11 Pro is still capable to record a video with up to 4K60fps resolution. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf

I hope you find the information helpful. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-27 10:55
For a software update at  times the settings that has been set may change during a new update without prior notice.

I appreciate you answering but this is simply not an acceptable answer for something that wants to be a quality piece of software, it just isn't. I've been developing software for the past 20 years and maintaining the user's settings (especially something this critical which is easily overlooked and has basically "data loss" level consequences) through updates is never negotiable, it just has to work.
2020-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules