Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cheap mobile device to only fly with
580 6 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

The specs in the manual say the max dimensions for the mobile device to fit the RC are 180x86x10 mm.  I assume the 180mm limitation is for the RC cable to fit.   I'm looking to find a used, mini tablet or something that is on the approved list and is close to the above dimensions.  I've done a search on the forum and didn't come up with any other threads.  The device will be for flying only so I don't need any of the other bells and whistles to go with it.  Oh, and it needs to be cheap, too!!!  Anyone have a recommendation???

2020-10-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not worry too much about the cable length. Those are not expensive and readily available from 3rd party sources.
The 86 mm dimension can be worked around easily with a plastic $5 extension part.
How cheap??
2020-10-26
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-26 18:23
I would not worry too much about the cable length. Those are not expensive and readily available from 3rd party sources.
The 86 mm dimension can be worked around easily with a plastic $5 extension part.
How cheap??

Less than $200...something I could even get used on ebay.
2020-10-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, you should be able to get a lot of choices for that amount. I use a ASUS Zenpad Z8s which usually costs about $90 in good used condition (mine did on eBay). I am very happy with it. Longer cable ($10) and extension ($5) or mount ($15) required of course. I am sure there are many other suitable devices.

p.s. I made the strap hangers myself.

MA2 remote with ASUS tablet and neckstrap.jpg
2020-10-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The same thing with using just a $10 cable and $5 extension for mounting:

2020-10-26
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-26 19:11
The same thing with using just a $10 cable and $5 extension for mounting:

[view_image]

Nice setup...
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rustic17. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots on what mobile device they use to only fly with. Just a reminder that DJI suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability on both the DJI drone and on the DJI application. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules