Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCTreton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244895 ft
Canada

Hello everyone !
Short description:
DAY 1 - (testing only at home - inside) - all works great !!! I was immpresed.
DAY 2 - (totally rural area - on the island) - all works great to the point:
  • average operational distance was around 150m (once I hit around 300m !!!), after that usually conection was lost.
  • crashed once or landed on some small bushes - after RTH when connection was lost.

DAY 3 - (back at home - inside and outside) - Contacted support, some guys said he removed some restriction so I can fly futher. What, oh ok, whatever ?! So I tought lets give a try - hmm, and nightmare begins:
  • hovering doesn't work, I  mean drone flies up/down, left/right, etc.
  • landing even worst (drone just hit the ground !!!) ???? sensor does't work ??? sometimes if it tries to land it goes sideways (usually right) and slides on the surface.
  • now I am lossing conection after around 80m.
  • and the last revelation - some chip is overheating

wow, just 3 days for DJI product ?

I tried everything I was able to ready about. Went again to rural area, recalibrating whatever was able to, turning on  AIRPLANE mode on my phone, etc. No efect at all.

Purchase done at BESTBUY.

I am about to give up on it, any tips ?

Thanks

2020-10-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Return it. Wait a month(?) and buy the new MM2.
2020-10-26
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like it was damaged when it crashed. Send it to DJI to get fixed.
2020-10-26
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Iritic hovering. Did you put it in the fly more case and the blades were bent.  They should be in the case with the blades across. When you crashed were the blades damaged, nicks or burs.  That can cause unstable hovering . I’ll leave it up to the experts here for everything else.
2020-10-26
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

Donut Posted at 10-26 19:26
Iritic hovering. Did you put it in the fly more case and the blades were bent.  They should be in the case with the blades across. When you crashed were the blades damaged, nicks or burs.  That can cause unstable hovering . I’ll leave it up to the experts here for everything else.

After "crash" it was working perfectly. I got it into the air few times
2020-10-26
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 10-26 17:57
Return it. Wait a month(?) and buy the new MM2.
Best Buy doesn't want to accept returns if box is open ;) But if drone is faulty ? have to ask. Thanks
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TCTreton. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since there was a crash that happened on the said DJI drone on Day 2.  I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the warranty of the said DJI drone. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

best to get some help is to upload flightlogs, choice the 'hoverin doesn`t work' log.
Upload using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post that link on here.

Or cloud upload your log(s) and link that on here.

cheers
JJB
2020-10-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You admit that you crashed it on day 2. No telling what damage - apparent or otherwise - that may have caused. Best send it back for analysis and/or repair. As suggested by others, upload your flight log and there are experts on the forum who can tell you exactly what went wrong.
2020-10-27
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 10-27 04:26
You admit that you crashed it on day 2. No telling what damage - apparent or otherwise - that may have caused. Best send it back for analysis and/or repair. As suggested by others, upload your flight log and there are experts on the forum who can tell you exactly what went wrong.

I didn't find any visual damages after and drone was working ok the rest of that day.
2020-10-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TCTreton Posted at 10-27 04:34
I didn't find any visual damages after and drone was working ok the rest of that day.

A visual inspection is no guarantee of lack of damage after a crash. There are sensitive components within the drone which may become mis-aligned or detached, develop intermittent faults etc.  Have it checked out before you risk incurring a worse disaster.
2020-10-27
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

Is there any diagnose I can perform on it ? I've recalibrated all what was possible several times just in case. The LED works normal, doesn't indicate for any issue.
2020-10-27
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

Today's flights logs:
1. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/CZ2B9SAX7AW18HVOT7JF
After IMU calibration. Hover almost doesn't work, landing at all, had to force it gently. Red KED bliknes, IMU error. Will do.

2. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LUOVINWGG6HKGDG7225Z
This one was ok. Hover ok,landing ok. But IMU calibration requested.
2020-10-27
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

"Contacted support, some guys said he removed some restriction so I can fly futher."

Who was this "guy"? and how did he "modify" your setup to "fly further"?
The issue I see is that after the "tiny gacking" your AC received, you do not know what "messed" up the AC. The "Tiny gacking", or whatever the "guy" did to "make it fly further?

2020-10-27
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 10-27 06:53
"Contacted support, some guys said he removed some restriction so I can fly futher."

Who was this "guy"? and how did he "modify" your setup to "fly further"?

Yeah, too unspecific.
2020-10-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TCTreton Posted at 10-27 06:39
Today's flights logs:
1. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/CZ2B9SAX7AW18HVOT7JF
After IMU calibration. Hover almost doesn't work, landing at all, had to force it gently. Red KED bliknes, IMU error. Will do.

Hi,

Had a look at your 2 flights.

Flying next to buildings ect can hamper the GPS signals, resulting a bad hover stability.

I would advice to fly somewhere out in the open, and see what happens.
Heading of your drone was in both flights rock steady.

Message on your screen :  "GPS signal weak. Fly with caution" ; yes, seen on its behaviour.

cheers
JJB
2020-10-27
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

it was around 12 feet away from buildings, the thing is I was afraid to fly higher ot farther on after yesterday, but it was enough to see flying was bad comparing to DAY 1.
2020-10-27
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Did you try again to fly at home (inside)? Does it hover and stand on the same position?
2020-10-27
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

Zed_Br Posted at 10-27 17:55
Did you try again to fly at home (inside)? Does it hover and stand on the same position?

No, I'm done with trying. It always hit the floor during landing, I don't want to brake it more.

I spoke with Support again. I'll ship it over to them
2020-10-27
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Ok. Good luck. Keep us informed about the news.
2020-10-27
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

TCTreton Posted at 10-26 20:01
After "crash" it was working perfectly. I got it into the air few times

did....you....replace....all...the....props...after....your.....unplanned landing?  

The characteristics you described can many times be attributed to damaged blades, partially flattened blades, cracked blade (singular), bent motor shaft.

Inspect the blades carefully.  look for threads on this forum about damage props, and read thoroughly.
2020-10-28
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Canada

Update after 2 months.

So I've sent drone to DJI (They asked me to send drone, remote control and batteries - nothing elses, except I put all in DJI case). After more or less 2 weeks I've been told that it was issue with drone non a pilot mistake. Ufff but I was curious what exactly happened. So I had to push. Apparently Core Board module was faulty.

So to solve the problem I was told: we will fix it (replace the damaged part), replace the drone with other with condition similar to new or I will get the brand new. What ???? Who makes a call ;))

Anyway, I requested brand new and hopefully brand new was sent to me. All was send back to me in the DJI case, only the drone looked like new - it had all the stickers on it. But was it really brand new ? I thought they will send me sealed brand new box with Fly More Combo Inside.

Anyway the new drone flies way better, max distance I was able to reach is 2400m. Barely 50% of advertised. But at least it flies.
2020-12-27
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

TCTreton Posted at 12-27 07:42
Update after 2 months.

So I've sent drone to DJI (They asked me to send drone, remote control and batteries - nothing elses, except I put all in DJI case). After more or less 2 weeks I've been told that it was issue with drone non a pilot mistake. Ufff but I was curious what exactly happened. So I had to push. Apparently Core Board module was faulty.

Everything OK now?
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules