o(^-^)o
YK47
lvl.1

Hong Kong

2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there YK47. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have came upon. Great find and thank you for your support.
2020-10-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool - thanks for sharing
2020-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I bet he can make good footage with about any recent camera
2020-10-27
Use props
YK47
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 10-27 00:05
I bet he can make good footage with about any recent camera

The point is "blind test".
I thought pocket 2 footage was the fuji at the beginning.
2020-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

YK47 Posted at 10-27 00:56
The point is "blind test".
I thought pocket 2 footage was the fuji at the beginning.

You can make good footage with a lot of recent cameras.
If you know how to handle them and process the footage.
I can make good footage with my old iPhone SE handheld.
The only thing these small sensor camera's can't do is get a nice shallow DOF and (to some extent) work in low light conditions.

For me the real selling point should be the gimbal and the extra modes that come with the software (motion timelapse, hyperlapse etc.)
If the output with those modes is as bad as before, I will pass this one again.
I don't get why DJI makes such compressed output with these modes. It really ruins the whole experience if the output has such low bitrate you can't really use it.
And the camera is clearly capable of making great footage, so I hope they will make that work for these modes too.
2020-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's impressive, but because the side-by-side images mean you are looking at a shrunk-down image, it's a bit hard to judge some aspects of the picture quality.

What staggered me was the comment he made that he couldn't hold the Pocket in other than a vertical position when shooting.  Almost as if he doesn't understand that tilt lock mode allows you to have the camera body (and attached phone) at any angle you like without affecting the tilt of the camera.  Very weird.
2020-10-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  
2020-10-27
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-27 01:50
It's impressive, but because the side-by-side images mean you are looking at a shrunk-down image, it's a bit hard to judge some aspects of the picture quality.

What staggered me was the comment he made that he couldn't hold the Pocket in other than a vertical position when shooting.  Almost as if he doesn't understand that tilt lock mode allows you to have the camera body (and attached phone) at any angle you like without affecting the tilt of the camera.  Very weird.

Yeah I noticed that, he obviously knows his stuff - so was a bit strange he didn't seem to appreciate you could have the pocket at any angle relative to the phone.
2020-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules