904 13 2020-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renamire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192484 ft
Indonesia

HI, I JUST CRASH MY PH3 ADV.
it was really stange as i was flying 30m high, at 32%of power left after 12' fliying, i get a battery overheating during discharging ,at 28% i tell me critical low power it try to land but i was over a bad place to land, so i try to keep it flying. at 25% i get motor overheating will decelerate to ensure safety, at 23 the same, i was trying to get the copter back home, at 20% 10' high, it stopp flying and fall. result, gamble broken, 1 propeller broken ans maybe some rotor broken too. i have done no mistakes, the battery was full at the start and i fly yesterday down to 20% without any problem. what is the best to do. i think its a battery proble and its geniun.

2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Renamire. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to the said DJI Drone I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - hope you get it fixed soon
2020-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Analyse the log file here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ - you might get a better idea what happened.
2020-10-27
Use props
Renamire
lvl.2
Indonesia

DAFlys Posted at 10-27 01:14
Analyse the log file here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ - you might get a better idea what happened.

thanks for the link, the battery was the problem. cell 1 and 4 . is it normal after full charge and 50x charged?
2020-10-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Renamire Posted at 10-28 00:20
thanks for the link, the battery was the problem. cell 1 and 4 . is it normal after full charge and 50x charged?

If the battery is bad, it would be normal.  If you would show us the log, maybe we can see more clearly?  See post #4
2020-10-28
Use props
Renamire
lvl.2
Indonesia

Mark The Droner Posted at 10-28 04:09
If the battery is bad, it would be normal.  If you would show us the log, maybe we can see more clearly?  See post #4

hi, thanks for your help, here is the link : https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/XXAFTQI0S844SG3RD5RJ/
thanks

2020-10-28
Use props
Renamire
lvl.2
Indonesia

how can i know if all the  motor are working?
2020-10-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Renamire,

Had a look at your log and pictures ; sorry for your loss.

At 12.24s first batt warning : "Battery:Overheating During Discharge"Flying 55 meters away from HomePoint.

At 12.54s warning "Critically Low Power. Aircraft Landing. Throttle up to reduce the speed of descent and use sticks to avoid obstacles."
Flying 27 meters away from home.

During autolanding your drone was not flying towards home.

Final record at14m22s (88 seconds later), flying 105 meters away from HP. If only you had landed your P3 quicker....

See my charts of your data. Cell 4 looks bad. Polar charts, line is coloured from first batt warning.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2020-10-29
Use props
Renamire
lvl.2
Indonesia

JJB* Posted at 10-29 01:56
Hi Renamire,

Had a look at your log and pictures ; sorry for your loss.

thanks JJB for your complete analysis.  i cannot land the drone as i was on the top of dry turn field with no flat place to land. the return home has not work. i try to bring the drone close to me but at the same time try to not make it land. now with clear head, yes it will be better to land slowly on bad ground than to drop from 20m.

anything i can do with the battery to get it back or just stop using it and recycle .
the day before a fly 1km with the same battery and land with 15% nothing bad happen.

thanks again and if you have any idea with the battery.

i find a 2nd hand ph3 pro 2 years old 90 flights for good price i will go to try it tomorrow and i will fix the gimbal of the other drone slowly myself.

last question, i still have another battery from the adv can i use it with ph3 pro?
2020-10-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Renamire Posted at 10-29 03:35
thanks JJB for your complete analysis.  i cannot land the drone as i was on the top of dry turn field with no flat place to land. the return home has not work. i try to bring the drone close to me but at the same time try to not make it land. now with clear head, yes it will be better to land slowly on bad ground than to drop from 20m.

anything i can do with the battery to get it back or just stop using it and recycle .

My pleasure to help, if i can

No signs in your log that RTH was initiated.

About battery, have no idea. Batt are the most important parts of a drone (oke, props too), so if you don`t trust them, buy new ones.

i do not have P3 myself, so if batt are interchangeable, maby others members wil join in and answer this question.

cheers
JJB
2020-10-29
Use props
Renamire
lvl.2
Indonesia

JJB* Posted at 10-29 04:34
My pleasure to help, if i can

No signs in your log that RTH was initiated.

Hi just 1 more question ,what program you use to get this analyse? anywhere i can download it?

I FIND IT . thanks for making it easy to use

i get my ph3 pro yesterday still scare to fly.

thanks again fo all good info

2020-10-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Renamire Posted at 10-30 19:34
Hi just 1 more question ,what program you use to get this analyse? anywhere i can download it?

I FIND IT . thanks for making it easy to use

Hi,

Do enjoy FRAP, if any questions  just ask.
Soon an update, the polar view in the current released version is not as the charts in post # 9

cheers
JJB
2020-10-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi - yes you can use any p3 battery with any P3.  Sorry for my delayed response - been busy.  :-)  Good work JJB.  Good luck
2020-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules