M300RTK--can you share data via bluetooth or WIF
1551 1 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apuzer
lvl.2

United States

Good Morning,

Uplaoading/downloading data is very time consuming on this platform with the enterprise smart controller. Pull The SD upload/download files...the logs take forever to download. Is there a way to upload, for example, a KML from my iPhone to my controller WITHOUT having to load on SD card? Using WIFI or Bluetooth?

Please advise with your experiences.
2020-10-27
Use props
fans5b25584c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

For anyone else looking into this, I went down the same road swapping data in and out with the Micro SD card, even for small files.

There is a n option to do a Bluetooth direct file transfer, and I actually got it to work once, but its very difficult to repeat the environment and sequences on a Windows machine. I could never get it to work twice in a row without having to undefine and redefine one side or the other.

What works best for me is to use Cloud storage for the transfer, like Google Drive or Amazon Drive.

As near as I can tell, you must load the entire Google Play store environment on the enterprise smart controller to get Google Drive to work, which I didn't want to do. The Play Store environment in an Android Tablet is pretty invasive, with required some updates and several processes that run 24 hours a day whether you want them or not.

Turns out Amazon Drive will load on the Enterprise Smart Controller with no other requirements other than you have to use the SD card to get the APK into the controller.

Once Amazon Drive is loaded, you can connect the controller to a Wifi and transfer files of any size at network speeds.

Since I put in Amazon Drive, I haven't removed the SD card from the controller once.

2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules