Jitters / Shake - Ronin S On Tripod Then Handheld Canon 5D III 50mm
486 2 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coffee_king
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44160 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong here please with regards to JITTERS on Ronin S?
The first part of the video I have the gimbal on a tripod, then I take it off and hold the gimbal by hand.
When handheld I get jitters up and down as well as side to side.

Balance: Excellent for all three.
Auto tune: T:34 R:47 P:52 - Image attached
User Profile: (I have all motors locked off) - Image attached
V2.3.1.20 firmware (I've tried rolling it back to V1.9 and that makes no difference)

My set up:
Canon 5D III (No Stabilisation)
50mm Lens (No Stabilisation)
ND Filter
Weight: 1.327k

Camera settings (Not that it matters):
1920x1080p
23.98p
F2.8
1/50th shutter speed
ISO 100
WB: Auto

Where am I going wrong please?

IMG_1862.PNG
IMG_1861.PNG
IMG_1860.PNG
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, have you tried handheld the gimbal and moving around to see if the jitters still exists? According to the video, it seems like the camera was vibrated when you lifted the gimbal. And you can try to lower the motor stiffness and select the 'Pan follow' on user profile to see the results.
2020-10-28
Use props
coffee_king
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44160 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-28 03:09
Hello, have you tried handheld the gimbal and moving around to see if the jitters still exists? According to the video, it seems like the camera was vibrated when you lifted the gimbal. And you can try to lower the motor stiffness and select the 'Pan follow' on user profile to see the results.

As you will see I am using it handheld after I take it off the tripod.
I am on about the jitters while using it handheld, not as I take it off the tripod (I assumed this was obvious) .
I don't want to use "Pan Follow" I literally want this gimbal to be locked off for all axis and just be stable / jitter free.
So please kindly advise further.
2020-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules