11500 13 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twolf1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22717 ft
United States

First post here,
Has anyone successfully connected a Canon 5d Mark iv to the DJI RS-2?  I am having trouble.  I have the RS 2 Pro Combo but don't seem to have the correct USB cable to connect to the camera.  The 5d mk iv needs a USB 3 micro-b cable (not a regular micro usb cable as dji says), yet there isn't one cable in the combo with a micro-b end, so either the combo I got doesn't have the proper cable, or DJI thought the mark iv uses a standard micro usb plug as their support account on twitter seems to keep telling me.

Anyway, I purchased the correct usb cable and connected it, along with the mini hdmi cable, from the camera to the raveneye.  Turned everything on, but none of my apple devices (iphone 8 plus, iphone XS Max, and ipad pro) will connect to the raveneye network.  I turned off the 'private address' setting on the iphone for the raveneye network, but it still won't connect.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Any help would be appreciated.
2020-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2020-10-28
Use props
twolf1
lvl.2
United States

Was finally able to connect to the RavenEye by pressing the power button 6 times and resetting the password.
2020-10-28
Use props
JulienBeb
lvl.1

France

twolf1 Posted at 10-28 08:21
Was finally able to connect to the RavenEye by pressing the power button 6 times and resetting the password.

I'm facing an issue with the dji RS 2 with Raveneye and the Canon 5D mark IV. I can't activate the record button on the gimbal to start recording. Which cable is connected to your 5D mark IV to control the shutter? It seems Dji forgot to include the USB 3 micro-b cable to micro usb. I tried with another camera, 5D mark III (it has usb 3 micro-b) and it works with the cable DJI provides in the box of the RS2. But I can't figure out how to make the record button works with the 5D mark IV? Anny idea?
2020-11-1
Use props
twolf1
lvl.2
United States

JulienBeb Posted at 11-1 06:32
I'm facing an issue with the dji RS 2 with Raveneye and the Canon 5D mark IV. I can't activate the record button on the gimbal to start recording. Which cable is connected to your 5D mark IV to control the shutter? It seems Dji forgot to include the USB 3 micro-b cable to micro usb. I tried with another camera, 5D mark III (it has usb 3 micro-b) and it works with the cable DJI provides in the box of the RS2. But I can't figure out how to make the record button works with the 5D mark IV? Anny idea?

First, for the record button issue, make sure that Live View/Movie Recording switch on the 5d is set to movie recording.

As for the cable (I think I had the same confusion as you), the provided cable will fit, and work, in the 5Div's USB port, but it only takes up the bottom half of the port.

Hope this helps.  I'm still learning too.
2020-11-1
Use props
JulienBeb
lvl.1

France

twolf1 Posted at 11-1 06:47
First, for the record button issue, make sure that Live View/Movie Recording switch on the 5d is set to movie recording.

As for the cable (I think I had the same confusion as you), the provided cable will fit, and work, in the 5Div's USB port, but it only takes up the bottom half of the port.

OMG! How did you think of plugin this tiny cable into the large usb port?? I would have never tried this but... it works! Thanks a lot for your reply. I spent many hours trying tons of cables with adapters, etc . Again, big thanks man
2020-11-1
Use props
twolf1
lvl.2
United States

JulienBeb Posted at 11-1 09:44
OMG! How did you think of plugin this tiny cable into the large usb port?? I would have never tried this but... it works! Thanks a lot for your reply. I spent many hours trying tons of cables with adapters, etc  . Again, big thanks man

Glad I could help!  It took me a while to figure that out -- it was frustrating.  It would be nice if DJI's instructions were better.
2020-11-1
Use props
MarcKing
New
Flight distance : 435797 ft
Netherlands

My DJI RS 2 works perfect with my Canon 6D mark ii but first not with my 5D mark iv.  There are two cables with a USB-C connection. The long was is for Sony. The short one works also prefect.
2020-11-2
Use props
MarcKing
New
Flight distance : 435797 ft
Netherlands

The DJI RS 2 works also great with the Canon XF 400 and XF 100.
2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_wwIGxTA1FwtB
New

United Kingdom

Can you please send a link of the USB 3 Micro-B cable YOU are using please? I'd just like to be using the same cable everyone is using so I know that I won't get it wrong.
2020-11-8
Use props
vsquaretvuk
New

United Kingdom

MarcKing Posted at 11-2 12:00
[view_image]     The DJI RS 2 works also great with the Canon XF 400 and XF 100.

What cables did you use for the 5D Mark IV and DJI RS2?
Will the rods and focus motor fit?
If it does fit, please can you send a picture to demonstrate?
2020-11-8
Use props
twolf1
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_wwIGxTA1FwtB Posted at 11-8 01:17
Can you please send a link of the USB 3 Micro-B cable YOU are using please? I'd just like to be using the same cable everyone is using so I know that I won't get it wrong.

Here are some cell phone shots of the cable that came with the RS2 that will connect the Canon 5d mkiv, and how it connects.  Hope this helps.

2020-11-8
Use props
vsquaretvuk
New

United Kingdom

Look really neat!
How many cables altogether do you use between the RS2 and 5D Mark IV?
2020-11-8
Use props
Shubh Gathbandh
New
India

Hello, brother, today i read your thread. I have canon 5d mark IV and unable to use it with DJI rs2 pro combo. I am using USB C to MICRO USB (3) but still, it doesn't operate via GIMBLE red button...You "purchased the correct usb cable and connected it" Which cable One need to purchase? Please specify the name exactly. Because Cable 3, USB C to MICRO USB, which comes with DJI RS2 Pro Combo, doesn't working with Canon 5D Mark IV.
2022-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules