11566 27 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manz187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sliding camera for roll axis adjustment is SUPER tough. Requires a great amount of force to slide cam back and forth. Because of that, very imprecise since it's easy to overshoot both directions. Requires astounding amount of elbow grease. Should I consider lubricating the carbon fiber arm?

2020-10-27
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried lifting slightly on the arm while adjusting? I know one of the arms on the original Ronin S moved much more easily/smoothly if you relieved the arm weight while adjusting.
2020-10-27
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 10-27 12:51
Have you tried lifting slightly on the arm while adjusting? I know one of the arms on the original Ronin S moved much more easily/smoothly if you relieved the arm weight while adjusting.

Ty Moni for the reco...no help here for that. Wonder if issue is specific to mine.
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry about the product experience you got with the RS2. Have you tried the adjustment without the camera to see if the roll axis is still hard to be moved? We suggest you first to pull up the lever and adjust the level of tightness, if the issue still exist, could you please provide any video with us? We will help to check with our engineer for reference.

Thank you.
2020-10-28
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-28 02:24
Hello, we are sorry about the product experience you got with the RS2. Have you tried the adjustment without the camera to see if the roll axis is still hard to be moved? We suggest you first to pull up the lever and adjust the level of tightness, if the issue still exist, could you please provide any video with us? We will help to check with our engineer for reference.

Thank you.

Thanks for your help as always, Wanda. This seems pretty straightforward to me. Not my first gimbal. Just seems to me that the manufactiring tolerances in this arm are off. It has become slightly less a struggle to move the arm for adjustment but it's still very difficult and imprecise and requires brute force.

Here's a link to some footage. Bought from BH and took delivery maybe 8 days ago. Happy to return to them, if need be, or deal with DJI instead

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnwNKIfVWtY5u2Y0IckYWXAfvGSP?e=2I9GZ8

2020-10-28
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

manz187 Posted at 10-27 16:42
Ty Moni for the reco...no help here for that. Wonder if issue is specific to mine.

Man, sorry to hear that. I know it's super frustrating when brand near gear has issues like that.
2020-10-28
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 10-28 08:47
Man, sorry to hear that. I know it's super frustrating when brand near gear has issues like that.

It's all good. Thanks for feeling my pain. Exchanging it for a replacement. Missing it already
2020-10-29
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

manz187 Posted at 10-29 16:23
It's all good. Thanks for feeling my pain. Exchanging it for a replacement. Missing it already

Received mine a few days ago. Mine seems a bit stiff too. What are the odds, right?
2020-11-1
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 11-1 07:59
Received mine a few days ago. Mine seems a bit stiff too. What are the odds, right?
Either super slim odds or many are like this. Got mine at BH. If yours also came from there maybe it’s their batch that’s among the affected

I should have my replacement in a few days. Will follow up here, then
2020-11-1
Use props
jaystar13
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm having the exact same problem - RS2 bought from DJI directly. Any solutions?
2021-1-8
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jaystar13 Posted at 1-8 06:24
I'm having the exact same problem - RS2 bought from DJI directly. Any solutions?

I ended up sending it back for a replacement.

You can try, first, adjusting the lever that is used to tighten a given axis. See post above from Wanda. Unlock the lever pull it u, rotate it counter clockwise (if when the lever is seen from the vantage point of the left side being the lock position) then push lever back in. That loosens the lever and may help you
2021-1-8
Use props
lennyandsandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70420 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have the same problem.  Had my RS2 for a couple of months, and I thought it was me.  However, just now getting around to using it, and this one issue is a big pain point...especially when changing out cameras and are forced to adjust this arm for balancing.  Any solutions yet???
2021-2-23
Use props
gazwas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27126 ft
United Kingdom

The locks are adjustable and by lifting the silver lock arm it can be returned to the tightening position (anti clockwise) without applying any force. Let go and the lock springs back into the little gear on the tightening screw to allow you to loosed some more just like how lighting grip works.
2021-2-25
Use props
djiuser_6QhcAX4jcVpg
lvl.1
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 2020-11-1 07:59

2021-6-2
Use props
djiuser_6QhcAX4jcVpg
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-10-28 02:24

Thank you.

Having a similar problem. I hope it gets better. How tight should the lever for the carbon fiber arm be?
2021-6-2
Use props
RWMorey
lvl.2
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 2020-11-1 07:59

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating. The movement on all the axis is "sticky" and impossible to finally tune. Does it with no camera attached too so its not the weight of my geat.
2021-6-13
Use props
hakrek
lvl.1
Japan

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18KGpoJalLMDLU3uHGsMd93H1V7kO93oF/view?usp=drivesdk

Okay folks, here is the solution to this. Apparently this is what Wanda meant in her post above, you can adjust the tightness of this part through this tiny ingenious mechanism.

2021-7-28
Use props
elomax
lvl.2
Canada

MIne was very tight but after a few days, the bottom exis lock became so loose it became an even bigger problem than the initial tightness. It is the second item I'm returning and honestly, as much as I love it - definitely losing confidence in the product. Theoretically, I can buy the third one thinking that the third time is the charm, but this is not how you spend 1000+ dollars thinking that everything will be ok. Maybe.
2021-8-3
Use props
fans57530d2f
New

United States

hakrek Posted at 7-28 06:21
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18KGpoJalLMDLU3uHGsMd93H1V7kO93oF/view?usp=drivesdk

Okay folks, here is the solution to this. Apparently this is what Wanda meant in her post above, you can adjust the tightness of this part through this tiny ingenious mechanism.

This helped me with the same issue! Thank you so much.
2021-8-17
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

but do not forget to restore the strictness after setting.
otherwise the camera will not hold the pan position while balancing and consequently you will have more jitter.
2021-8-17
Use props
buddyg87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1071040 ft
  • >>>
United States

hakrek Posted at 7-28 06:21

OMG THANK YOU!  I thought I was sent a defective piece of gear!
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_nJDTPWdO8aAJ
lvl.1

Canada

I have loosened both clamps per the suggested video almost to the point to where the clamps have separated...and STILL I have to shove hard to get either arm to budge. This is without any camera mounted, by the way. Also, the resistance is not consistent. If half of an arm has been pushed through the clamp, it will move more "easily" than towards the end where it is near impossible. Load pulling down is not an issue as, once again, nothing is mounted on the gimbal. It is so bad that I have completely abandoned trying to adjust the Roll arm to achieve balance. I have to play with those screw-on weights as a workaround. I am beyond furious.
2021-10-14
Use props
Pugilares
lvl.2

Poland

Found the easy solution in this video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObjjN5JxY2k  it is explained between 02:50 and 03:00 how the tightness adjustment mechanism works.
2021-10-27
Use props
alasmedia
lvl.1

United States

hakrek Posted at 2021-7-28 06:21

Thank you!! This totally fixed my problem.
2022-1-20
Use props
djiuser_1VGG2xryOOWF
New

United States

I’m having this same issue. It’s crazy tight and won’t budge. Any solutions in 2022????
Edit: that video shared above worked. Lol, didn’t see it. Thanks.
2022-1-28
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

djiuser_1VGG2xryOOWF Posted at 1-28 20:05
I’m having this same issue. It’s crazy tight and won’t budge. Any solutions in 2022????
Edit: that video shared above worked. Lol, didn’t see it. Thanks.

do you have see this video?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Md93H1V7kO93oF/view
2022-1-29
Use props
fans60b4752f
New
United States

I’ve taken the screw off completely trying to tighten it. I have no idea how to put it back on
2022-2-20
Use props
realpeople
New

Greece

Indio Posted at 1-29 01:33
do you have see this video?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18KGpoJalLMDLU3uHGsMd93H1V7kO93oF/view

Thank you! you!
2022-3-19
Use props
Advanced