Circle Quickshot not tracking circle around object
3460 7 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sortor82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 588412 ft
United States

Hello, first post, first problem, pretty new drone pilot. My Mavic 2, when doing quickshot mode, specifically circle and helix, seems to not track a circle around the object (house, car, etc) that i draw a box around. When looking at the maps white track, it does track a perfect circle, or helix, starting and finishing from the aircrafts starting location, and the camera seems to follow the object, which makes a video that has the aircraft flying over the oject and point the camera down at it. it seems like it should try to circle the object vs some arbitary circle. The helix mode does the same thing, it does a good helix track starting from its current location, but not aourdn jbject. I reached out to DJI customer care, and they thought that my pitch angle was too high, so i tried again with a much lower angle(lower altitude and further from object), but this did not help. When i do a circle quick shot around a human in a soccer field, it seems to do ok. POI circle works fine also, but i would realy like to get the helix to work around a house or our RV trailer. Im not sure if this is just a limitation, or if i am doing something wrong, or have some input mode or setting wrong. I uploaded a screen shot showing the track, it should have tracked around the house with the blue dot, which is what i drew a green box around (my location was on the house property). Thanks for any help, or experience with this.

Screen Shot

Screen Shot
2020-10-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

......... reply deleted
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sortor82. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know the model of the mobile device you are using? Kindly please try to refresh the firmware for the drone, or try to reinstall the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device, please note to back up the files and make sure that the flight records have uploaded to the cloud before removing the said DJI application. Please keep us updated if the issue persists. Thank you.

2020-10-27
Use props
fansd6d98463
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 19:47
Hello there sortor82. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know the model of the mobile device you are using? Kindly please try to refresh the firmware for the drone, or try to reinstall the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device, please note to back up the files and make sure that the flight records have uploaded to the cloud before removing the said DJI application. Please keep us updated if the issue persists. Thank you.

[view_image]

I am using an iPhone 8 Plus, I will try another apple device to test. The firmware for the aircraft and controller were both updated, along with IMU calibration and compass calibration. I will delete and reinstall app, and try that, thanks.
2020-10-28
Use props
Sortor82
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen, I tried deleting app and reinstalling, same thing. I also tried on an iPad, same results. I was successful, just one time, having it focus on a human standing in the driveway and it circled correctly, but not every time, and not once on the house. I also tried different sides and different  parts of the roof to focus on. If I use POI, draw a box around house it works perfect, but unfortunately POI won’t do a helix shot.
2020-10-28
Use props
Sortor82
lvl.1
United States

So DJI techs had me send the aircraft in for repairs, they sent a replacement aircraft which is doing the same exact thing. So my assumption is that this is just a limitation of the aircraft/software. You think a tech would have know this before they had me send it in. The crazy thing is if you do a POI a draw a square around the subject, same at quick shot, it calculates the radius and does a perfect circle around the object. Anyways, I guess I have to give up and lower my expectations of this drone.
2020-11-16
Use props
PapaJulietBravo
lvl.1

United States

Two and a half years later, I'm having the same problem with my mini 2 in the Quick Shot helix mode. So that suggests to me that DJI has not solved the problem yet.
2023-8-6
Use props
Sortor82
lvl.1
United States

Yup, the replacement they sent out does the same thing. Bad software, no one at DJI cares to fix it. Basically can’t use quick shots unless the subject is a human. Doesn’t work on any object like a vehicle or house. Good luck…
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules