Ireland

2020-10-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well this looks like free advertising to me. I think Dji planned all these leaks so they don't have to pay a lot of money with teasers etc and they KNOW all these leaks and "unplanned unboxing" will create the hype they want/need.
2020-10-27
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will just wait till DJI have it on their web store since I have a bunch of credits to spend.
2020-10-27
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I hope the release doesn't coincide with another covid lockdown
2020-10-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renato61 Posted at 10-27 21:58
I hope the release doesn't coincide with another covid lockdown

Dude..... Why drag the joy down like that...... Your glass can be half full rather than half empty
2020-10-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not long now mate - this should be a big hit
2020-10-27
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

A J Posted at 10-27 22:37
Not long now mate - this should be a big hit

Those who bought the Mini a moment ago and had no knowledge of the new release at the time are likely to f..k.
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 10-28 00:03
Those who bought the Mini a moment ago and had no knowledge of the new release at the time are likely to f..k.

Classic LOL - seen it loads of times with new releases. I'm sure a few will buy the Mavic 2 Pro just before a Mavic 3 is released next. That is why it's good to use forums like this so you are more informed before dropping hundreds or even thousands of pounds on something that may be yesterdays tech shortly before being discontinued a month after pulling the trigger. Major buyers remorse.
2020-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rumours are increasing !
2020-10-28
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 10-28 00:10
Classic LOL - seen it loads of times with new releases. I'm sure a few will buy the Mavic 2 Pro just before a Mavic 3 is released next. That is why it's good to use forums like this so you are more informed before dropping hundreds or even thousands of pounds on something that may be yesterdays tech shortly before being discontinued a month after pulling the trigger. Major buyers remorse.

For me, Mini-been more than half a year. I’m not going to buy a Mini 2, save an MA2, or fly a Mini
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 10-28 00:48
For me, Mini-been more than half a year. I’m not going to buy a Mini 2, save an MA2, or fly a Mini

Indeed mate - just because something new is released does not suddenly make the previous model rubbish. If what you already have is good enough for your needs then keep it and continue to enjoy it while saving yourself a nice slice of cash. You don't need to chase the latest tech. There will be a Mini 3, 4, 5 MA3, 4, 5 etc etc etc - get one of those when the time is right but if you have the cash now this does look like a significant upgrade.
2020-10-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I sold my Mini a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of this new release, Ocusync is important to me for reliability of connection, I use my Mini when hiking in the mountains and a loss of signal for me could be very problematic, I don’t fly out of VLOS but the WiFi has been sketchy sometimes, especially going from iOS to Android (not sure why operating system should make a difference?).
2020-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not long to wait now.   In time for fireworks night,  oh wait they're all cancelled.
2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 10-27 21:00
Well this looks like free advertising to me. I think Dji planned all these leaks so they don't have to pay a lot of money with teasers etc and they KNOW all these leaks and "unplanned unboxing" will create the hype they want/need.

I agree this is no accident, if it was all these threads would be deleted.
2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ralle Posted at 10-28 00:48

When I had the mini never lost signal it was great, gave it to my grandson he loves it, it’s still a great little craft.
2020-10-28
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 10-28 00:50
Indeed mate - just because something new is released does not suddenly make the previous model rubbish. If what you already have is good enough for your needs then keep it and continue to enjoy it while saving yourself a nice slice of cash. You don't need to chase the latest tech. There will be a Mini 3, 4, 5 MA3, 4, 5 etc etc etc - get one of those when the time is right but if you have the cash now this does look like a significant upgrade.

2020-10-28
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 10-28 01:03
When I had the mini never lost signal it was great, gave it to my grandson he loves it, it’s still a great little craft.

2020-10-28
Use props
TnDronePilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 691017 ft
United States

Indeed mate - just because something new is released does not suddenly make the previous model rubbish. If what you already have is good enough for your needs then keep it and continue to enjoy it while saving yourself a nice slice of cash. You don't need to chase the latest tech. There will be a Mini 3, 4, 5 MA3, 4, 5 etc etc etc - get one of those when the time is right but if you have the cash now this does look like a significant upgrade.

I'm a professional videographer and video editor for Discovery Channel so I know what real 4K footage looks like and can easily tell the difference between all the "K" resolutions. But, I'm also working with $50k-$500k camera packages that have to show obvious gains in resolution.

What companies like Apple, Samsung, GoPro, DJI, etc have done is made consumers feel all warm and toasty inside when they buy into the next K resolution product. Are these consumer products amazing as far as video quality? Absolutely. I just bought my first drone ever and I chose the Mini Fly More Combo for $399. At its 2K resolution, I'm blown away by the video quality it's producing. But, most consumers fall into the trap of better video quality when in reality, they're not really seeing a noticable jump in resolution. Yes, the dimensions are doubling which is good for composition and also being able to push shots around in post but IMHO, it's not worth buying the very next model for just the next jump in resolution.

1080p to 4K or eventually 4K to 8K? Maybe. If it were me, I would buy every other "K" if I mainly only cared only about video quality. If you are always buying the very next version because of any other improvments that they make, I'm all for that. I'm just saying that in the consumer world where they try and hype "The new 4K", it's not that different to buy into it and shelve the current one.
2020-10-28
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

The computer cannot handle even 2.7 kb of video. And the TV does not support 4k.It would be a big cost to get the Mini 2 to its full advantage.Poverty is not a joy, even if it sometimes makes you laugh
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 10-28 07:11
The computer cannot handle even 2.7 kb of video. And the TV does not support 4k.It would be a big cost to get the Mini 2 to its full advantage.Poverty is not a joy, even if it sometimes makes you laugh

Never live beyond your budget - there are millions who would love the Mini but can't afford it. Always appreciate what you have.
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TnDronePilot Posted at 10-28 07:06
I'm a professional videographer and video editor for Discovery Channel so I know what real 4K footage looks like and can easily tell the difference between all the "K" resolutions. But, I'm also working with $50k-$500k camera packages that have to show obvious gains in resolution.

What companies like Apple, Samsung, GoPro, DJI, etc have done is made consumers feel all warm and toasty inside when they buy into the next K resolution product. Are these consumer products amazing as far as video quality? Absolutely. I just bought my first drone ever and I chose the Mini Fly More Combo for $399. At its 2K resolution, I'm blown away by the video quality it's producing. But, most consumers fall into the trap of better video quality when in reality, they're not really seeing a noticable jump in resolution. Yes, the dimensions are doubling which is good for composition and also being able to push shots around in post but IMHO, it's not worth buying the very next model for just the next jump in resolution.

Good for you - enjoy the Mini
2020-10-28
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 10-28 07:14
Never live beyond your budget - there are millions who would love the Mini but can't afford it. Always appreciate what you have.

Well said !!! This is how I do it
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 10-28 07:26
Well said !!! This is how I do it

2020-10-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TnDronePilot Posted at 10-28 07:06

A doctor friend of mine said about all this 4k Stuff.................... The real problem is most people don't have 4K eyes
2020-10-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-28 07:14

Very true and well said
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-28 07:46
Very true and well said

Thanks mate
2020-10-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ive never worked on a project where i finished it and then held back waiting for the "right time" to release it.  projects i work on i can wait for it to be done and get it out.  there's no real benefit to fooling around with the timing unless it coincides with another product release or a regular scheduled release.  or maybe a holiday or some other special day.  the mm2 is just another drone, it's not that special.  most people don't care and the few ticks in sales you might gain from tweaking the release is minuscule.
2020-10-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 10-28 01:01
I agree this is no accident, if it was all these threads would be deleted.

That is very True
2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 10-28 08:48
ive never worked on a project where i finished it and then held back waiting for the "right time" to release it.  projects i work on i can wait for it to be done and get it out.  there's no real benefit to fooling around with the timing unless it coincides with another product release or a regular scheduled release.  or maybe a holiday or some other special day.  the mm2 is just another drone, it's not that special.  most people don't care and the few ticks in sales you might gain from tweaking the release is minuscule.

Well in marketing terms this has been around for Donkeys years, designed to make people want something they see ordinary people get their hands on first. I think this has caused so many drone you tube channels to abandon almost everything to discuss this drone at a time when people are looking to spend big for Christmas. Dji would not have had as much publicity with this if they just gave it to a few vloggers. Almost all drone channels are now discussing this and I don’t believe this is an accident .
2020-10-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just sold my Mavic Mini to help founding the new one.
2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 10-28 10:05
I just sold my Mavic Mini to help founding the new one.

Good move, hopefully soon.
2020-10-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am just hoping will be Dual band and compatible with the Smart Controller.
2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 10-28 10:34
I am just hoping will be Dual band and compatible with the Smart Controller.

I think it will, and most of the work with fly app must already be done.
2020-10-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That is why I sold my MM because most likely will be dual band and compatible and even OsitaLV confirmed but nothing is 100% until the real release comes out.
3.jpg
2020-10-28
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Yup. Sold my mini yesterday. Can’t wait for V2
2020-10-28
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will keep my MIni 1 and archive it next to the Spark.  I will also enjoy my upcoming purchase of Mini 2.  These are all small pieces of aviation history.    I collect them all because I am a DJI junkie.  Tap the vein.
2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 10-28 12:17
Will keep my MIni 1 and archive it next to the Spark.  I will also enjoy my upcoming purchase of Mini 2.  These are all small pieces of aviation history.    I collect them all because I am a DJI junkie.  Tap the vein.

I see a lot of interest for this, mini is very inconspicuous reasonably quiet and very capable, with added Ocysync 2 4k great flight time and so easy to travel with makes it hard for junkies to refuse, I’m feeling the vein rising myself and $599 all in it helps get through lockdown and something that will follow on from my new pocket 2, but I’ll be off it soon...;+)
2020-10-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

The trade up have a special 10% extra if you trade it on or before November 3, interesting...........Thinking of doing a trade up and purchasing the MM2.
2020-10-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not long now. Good thing I have a lot of credit
2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain