1198 7 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I just recently received a used Zoom and was curious on the zoom function. When in camera mode it zooms to 48mm, but while in video mode is zooms to 96mm. Is this normal? anyway to make it zoom the 96mm in camera mode? Pretty much it seems to zoom double the amount while in video mode than it zooms in camera mode
2020-10-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The zoom status changes when in video mode depending if you are shooting in 1080, 2.7k or 4k, I am not sure about the photo mode because I have not really played with that much
2020-10-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 10-27 21:02
The zoom status changes when in video mode depending if you are shooting in 1080, 2.7k or 4k, I am not sure about the photo mode because I have not really played with that much

makes sense. just trying to figure how to adjust an get more zoom in picture mode. i know its a droone and just fly closer. but sometimes for safety its better to zoom
2020-10-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

TruGreen Posted at 10-27 21:14
makes sense. just trying to figure how to adjust an get more zoom in picture mode. i know its a droone and just fly closer. but sometimes for safety its better to zoom

I will try mine over the weekend and let you know as well
2020-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought the extra zoom was basically digital cropping as the resolution of video is less than photos.
2020-10-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 01:03
I thought the extra zoom was basically digital cropping as the resolution of video is less than photos.

im not sure, maybe ill try to reduce the image quality for a test and see if it then zooms more
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello TruGreen, thank you for reaching us out. The Mavic 2 Zoom has a standard zooming capacity for taking photos. Resolution will vary depend on the photography Modes you are going to use. The photo zooming capacity is up to 48mm only unlike to taking video that take up to 96mm. Video zooming will depend as well if how much resolution you want to achieve. Referring to the response from Suren comment #2, that is actually correct that the zoom changes depending if you are shooting in 1080, 2.7k or in 4k.

I hope you find the information helpful. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-28 14:48
Hello TruGreen, thank you for reaching us out. The Mavic 2 Zoom has a standard zooming capacity for taking photos. Resolution will vary depend on the photography Modes you are going to use. The photo zooming capacity is up to 48mm only unlike to taking video that take up to 96mm. Video zooming will depend as well if how much resolution you want to achieve. Referring to the response from Suren comment #2, that is actually correct that the zoom changes depending if you are shooting in 1080, 2.7k or in 4k.

I hope you find the information helpful. Thank you for your support.

but why is max 48mm in photo. but 98mm in video? the camera is capable of the 98mm for videos, so why is that not the same for photos?

im used to the I1 with Z3 which was 7x zoom regardless of pic/video
2020-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules