Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 Gimbal Unresponsive
996 4 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DawgPound2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24938 ft
United States

HELP!  Ok, so I was preparing to fly my bird the other day on a construction job site when I was having issues getting clearance to fly in a Class D airspace, but that's another issue.  I picked up my Phantom 4 and went inside the job trailer.  In order to hold on to it, the controller, and open the door, I held it upside down by the landing bar/gear.. whatever you call it.  I've done this before and haven't had an issue.  But I want to give as much detail as possible here.  Anyways, when I set the drone on the table, what appears to be the pitch motor, began to squeal and it struggled to move, going about it in a spastic manner.  I shut it down and started it back up and it again made a squeal about the pitch motor. Then it just pointed down and was completely unresponsive.  I have gone through an IMU calibration along with a gimbal calibration.  Neither made a difference.  So, did I kill the motor by turning it upside down?  Could it be a belt?  Also, the firmware seems to be up to date.  The DJI Go 4 app isn't telling me otherwise.  Any ideas?

2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DawgPound2. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Are you able to post a short sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2020-10-27
Use props
DawgPound2
lvl.1
United States

Here’s a link to the video - https://vimeo.com/472872315

Thanks!
2020-10-27
Use props
DawgPound2
lvl.1
United States

Any thoughts?
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Sorry for the delay, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone via DJI Assistant 2 and check again. If the issue persists, please send the drone back to our repair center for service. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules