577 7 2020-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OliverH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694413 ft
Japan

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone could help with this. Was having a fly this afternoon and nearing the end there was a recurring popup on my screen about the battery not being approved for my location or something along those lines. Has anyone seen this before?

I am using the battery that came with the fly more combo in Japan and operating the drone in Japan so there shouldn't be any issues with that.

Is it some kind of error? The popup was getting in the way which was kind of annoying.

Any help would be appreciated

Oliver
2020-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the weight of your drone,  you might not have the Japan battery.  Drone should weigh <200 grams not the 249g.
2020-10-28
Use props
OliverH
lvl.2
Japan

Thanks for the suggestion. I weighed it with a kitchen scale and is coming up just under 198 grams.  I read about forcing a firmware update using a computer and dji assistant. I might try that tonight to rule it out.
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello OliverH, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. DAFlys in comment section #2 is correct. In Japan there is a certain weight limit to fly a drone but base on your response it is 198 grams which is not exceeding yet to the limit. Please update the firmware for your Aircraft mounted the battery from the fly more combo to include it to the firmware update.

Please follow the steps below on how to use DJI Assistant 2 in updating/refreshing the firmware.
1. Download the DJI Assistant 2 from the official website of DJI. You can refer to this link to download the DJI Assistant 2 for your Mavic mini (https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads) select the corresponding file format depending on your computer Operating system.
2. Install and Launch DJI Assistant 2.
3. Power on your Aircraft and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Enter and Login your account in DJI Assistant 2 and select Mavic Mini.
5. Firmware list will showed up and select "Update" if it requires a new update or select "Refresh" if the firmware is updated and refresh to fix the issue.
6. During the update do not turn off the Aircraft or exit/remove the USB cable. Wait until it successfully completed the update/refresh and the Aircraft will turn off automatically.
7. You will need to do same process with the Remote Controller.

You can also check out the video below for the instructions on how to update/refresh firmware using DJI Assistant 2.

After updating/refreshing the firmware try to fly and see if the same pop-up window will showed up while flying. Update me with the result. Fly safe! Thank you.

2020-10-28
Use props
OliverH
lvl.2
Japan

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I went through and refreshed the firmware on all the batteries and the controller. It is raining at the moment but if it stops this afternoon I will try to fly it and see.

Thanks for your help.

Oliver
2020-10-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"Battery not approved for your location"

A strange message indeed.  Especially since message didn't pop-up at spin-up or start of flight.
2020-10-28
Use props
OliverH
lvl.2
Japan

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 10-28 20:14
"Battery not approved for your location"

A strange message indeed.  Especially since message didn't pop-up at spin-up or start of flight.

Yeah exactly. Pretty strange, especially because I've never seen it on any of my other 70 flights so far with this drone. I couldn't test it again today but hopefully can tomorrow or on the weekend.
2020-10-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

OliverH Posted at 10-29 00:28
Yeah exactly. Pretty strange, especially because I've never seen it on any of my other 70 flights so far with this drone. I couldn't test it again today but hopefully can tomorrow or on the weekend.

Hi Oliver,

In your flightlog the exact message logged, if you like upload your flightlog for this

using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2020-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules