Mavic Mini distance issue
1231 38 2020-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Hi all
Just purchased the MM combo and after some days of no problems utilization i have this issue : after exactly 17 meters of distance the battery allarm switch on , the green circle indicating battery status becomes orange and the automatic return landing start. As the drone comes back the battery status comes green again and the issue disappears. It happens with or without propellers guard, at whatever altitude. I do not know if It depends after battery recharge with non original recharger, since i have forgotten the original one in a far location, and have recharged for one time with a phone recharger. I have tried to discharge all 3 batteries and recharged with the original charger but the issue didn't solved.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.
Roberto (Italy)

2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you able to post your flight logs?
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Roberto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini and all the intelligent flight batteries as well for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Hello DJI Stephen, the model is MR1SD25 ( taken from the remote controller), the mobile device is Homtom P30 Pro . Errors messages report max altitude achieved and low battery ( but as drone comes back they disappear). How can i refresh firmware and batteries ? ( sorry for my ingnorance, i am a newbie)
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

A J Posted at 10-28 00:42

Well, i see flight records in the application but i do not know how to share them
2020-10-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Roberto Pirodda Posted at 10-28 02:18
Well, i see flight records in the application but i do not know how to share them

use this link

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

post the uploaded link on here
2020-10-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-28 02:33
use this link

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Cheers JJB
2020-10-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

You said you charged the batteries with the phone charger, that could be the problem
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Suren Posted at 10-28 09:21
You said you charged the batteries with the phone charger, that could be the problem

well yes, could be the batteries be damaged ? They appear to be fully charged.  Is there a way to test them ?
2020-10-28
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Are you in a no fly zone/ restricted airspace?
Are you high in the mountains?
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

A J Posted at 10-28 00:42

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/7U7Q4NFB250G2DZ2O2OU

Hope this works
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

videoeditman Posted at 10-28 11:43
Are you in a no fly zone/ restricted airspace?
Are you high in the mountains?

No, it happens everywhere , in flatland and in hilly area
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Roberto Pirodda Posted at 10-28 11:53
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/7U7Q4NFB250G2DZ2O2OU

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZEVPW73BUPPFUWO2GMCU
2020-10-28
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

JJB will be able to read the data better than I would, but it look as if you were already heading back from ~54 meters out. You were about half the max distance when it decided to go home.
From that log I don't know what would cause this. Also I don't know what is tripod mode?
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

videoeditman Posted at 10-28 14:13
JJB will be able to read the data better than I would, but it look as if you were already heading back and slightly lower than maximum height and half the max distance when it went home.
From that log I don't know what would cause this. Also I don't know tripod mode.

Well, may be the  flight data  do not records battery warning and automatic flight back. It was in cinesmooth mode, perhaps it means tripod mode ?
2020-10-28
Use props
comrant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983025 ft
Canada

why would that be the problem? have been charging mine only with phone charger since last november, and have hundreds of successful flights and no errors,
2020-10-28
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Hello Roberto

It may be that DJI Fly considers this place as No Fly Zone, so it forces the landing of your drone. There is, at least on the map, an airfield.

Hugs...

In Google Earth:

Transfering the coordinates to DJI Fly Safe GEO Map:

Repair a little airplane icon
2020-10-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The log files indicates a warning of "Extra load detected"  (carico) at the time of the RTH action or earlier. Do you have any idea about that? Were you flying with anything else attached or noticed anything falling on it?

2020-10-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Roberto Pirodda Posted at 10-28 11:34
well yes, could be the batteries be damaged ? They appear to be fully charged.  Is there a way to test them ?

Not sure. It will depend on the voltage output of the phone charger to the voltage input that the battery can take. also a charger does not only pack on voltage when charging it packs on amps as well. I am no expert but this is the little I know.
2020-10-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

comrant Posted at 10-28 17:14
why would that be the problem? have been charging mine only with phone charger since last november, and have hundreds of successful flights and no errors,

I just highlighted what the OP said. Dji has specific chargers meant to charge at certain voltage and amps, if you feel it is okay to charge your drone battery with a 5v DC phone charger, then All good mate.
2020-10-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 10-28 19:58
I just highlighted what the OP said. Dji has specific chargers meant to charge at certain voltage and amps, if you feel it is okay to charge your drone battery with a 5v DC phone charger, then All good mate.

Ummm, I could be wrong but I don't remember getting a charger with either of my Minis, just a cable. I have to assume that they are ok with us using a regular charger of our choice.

Edit: DJI site says no charger with the basic package, only on the Fly More package.

2020-10-28
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Could be if we use a charger that does not comply with DJI charger specs. For example, in Brazil they are selling only the Fly More Combo version (official in authorized stores) and it does not come with charger. It comes only with cables and batteries charger case.
2020-10-28
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

videoeditman Posted at 10-28 14:13
JJB will be able to read the data better than I would, but it look as if you were already heading back from ~54 meters out. You were about half the max distance when it decided to go home.
From that log I don't know what would cause this. Also I don't know what is tripod mode?

Tripod mode is the C mode in MM. We have 3 flight modes in MM: 1 - GPS Position (P), 2 - Sport (S), 3 - Cinematic (C).
2020-10-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 10-28 20:08
Ummm, I could be wrong but I don't remember getting a charger with either of my Minis, just a cable. I have to assume that they are ok with us using a regular charger of our choice.

Edit: DJI site says no charger with the basic package, only on the Fly More package.

If I can recall my mini had an 18W charger
2020-10-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 10-28 20:22
If I can recall my mini had an 18W charger

DJI says otherwise now. Unless you bought the Fly More package.

Mini packages.png
2020-10-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 10-28 19:58

The control over battery charging is within the batteries themselves, they only require you to supply sufficient voltage for the task. As the Mini uses a 2 cell battery, any phone charger will do the job, however higher powered chargers will charge faster.
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 02:00
Hello there Roberto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini and all the intelligent flight batteries as well for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello DJI Stephen, i have refreshed the firmware but nothing changed
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Junior - Brazil Posted at 10-28 17:48
Hello Roberto

It may be that DJI Fly considers this place as No Fly Zone, so it forces the landing of your drone. There is, at least on the map, an airfield.

Hello Junior, that is an ultralight aircraft airfield, where me too go to fly with my powered hang glider.I know very well the rules of that area . No, after the issue appears,  starts the voice warning that battery is low and automatic return starts. It happens with and WITHOUT propellers guard with battery fully charged
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

GaryDoug Posted at 10-28 18:40
The log files indicates a warning of "Extra load detected"  (carico) at the time of the RTH action or earlier. Do you have any idea about that? Were you flying with anything else attached or noticed anything falling on it?

It happens with and WITHOUT propellers guard, nothing else were attached. Moreover when PG in , i have selected it in the settings, but nothing changed. Anyway, before this issue happened i have flown  always with PG and everything was right
2020-10-28
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Suren Posted at 10-28 19:55
Not sure. It will depend on the voltage output of the phone charger to the voltage input that the battery can take. also a charger does not only pack on voltage when charging it packs on amps as well. I am no expert but this is the little I know.

Well, after one time with phone charger, i have always used the original one. The picture shows the battery status after  "battery warning"
Screenshot_20201029-090832.png
Screenshot_20201029-090832.png
2020-10-29
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Roberto Pirodda Posted at 10-28 23:50
It happens with and WITHOUT propellers guard, nothing else were attached. Moreover when PG in , i have selected it in the settings, but nothing changed. Anyway, before this issue happened i have flown  always with PG and everything was right

That changes nothing. The log files are complaining about the extra load. You can ignore it if you choose, but that is likely the cause of your problems.
2020-10-29
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Roberto Pirodda Posted at 10-28 23:43
Hello Junior, that is an ultralight aircraft airfield, where me too go to fly with my powered hang glider.I know very well the rules of that area . No, after the issue appears,  starts the voice warning that battery is low and automatic return starts. It happens with and WITHOUT propellers guard with battery fully charged

Oh! OK...
It must be an incredible feeling sometimes to stay in the drone's place. Sorry, I didn't know that and thank you very much for informing me and I wish you luck in solving your problem, which unfortunately, in this case, I have no idea how to help ...
Hugs
2020-10-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 10-28 20:24
DJI says otherwise now. Unless you bought the Fly More package.

Yup I had the fly more
2020-10-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 10-28 21:22
The control over battery charging is within the batteries themselves, they only require you to supply sufficient voltage for the task. As the Mini uses a 2 cell battery, any phone charger will do the job, however higher powered chargers will charge faster.

Good to know
2020-10-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Roberto Pirodda Posted at 10-29 00:34
Well, after one time with phone charger, i have always used the original one. The picture shows the battery status after  "battery warning"

The best way to try and trouble shoot this if it was a battery, is to borrow a battery from a mate that has a drone like yours and see if you still have the same issue, if you have no mates with this drone and you going to keep the drone buy one and test the battery, if your problem is resolved with the new battery then you know where the fault lies but if not then best to send the drone in to Dji if still under warranty.
2020-10-29
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Junior - Brazil Posted at 10-29 07:17
Oh! OK...
It must be an incredible feeling sometimes to stay in the drone's place. Sorry, I didn't know that and thank you very much for informing me and I wish you luck in solving your problem, which unfortunately, in this case, I have no idea how to help ...
Hugs

Thank you Junior
2020-10-29
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Suren Posted at 10-29 09:03
The best way to try and trouble shoot this if it was a battery, is to borrow a battery from a mate that has a drone like yours and see if you still have the same issue, if you have no mates with this drone and you going to keep the drone buy one and test the battery, if your problem is resolved with the new battery then you know where the fault lies but if not then best to send the drone in to Dji if still under warranty.

Yes me too thought the same thing, the problem is to find someone that own the MM nearby
2020-10-29
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

GaryDoug Posted at 10-29 07:15
That changes nothing. The log files are complaining about the extra load. You can ignore it if you choose, but that is likely the cause of your problems.

Thanks Gary, so i think it must be sent to repair, it is still in warranty
2020-10-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Roberto Pirodda Posted at 10-29 09:57
Yes me too thought the same thing, the problem is to find someone that own the MM nearby

2020-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules