I have broken my phantom 3 standard remote antennae
3191 9 2020-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aniruddha
lvl.1

India

hi I need some help with my phantom 3 standard

I have broken my phantom 3 standard remote antennae and I do not have any service center in India

I saw a youtube video he fixed is an antenna with a fpv antenna can I use this antenna please help me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8fWX7iAug0

specification of the antenna

• Connector: SMA Male
  • Frequency: 5.8GHz
  • Gain: 3dBi
  • SWR: Less than 1.5
  • Omnidirectional, high efficiency

4-Leaf-Clover-RHCP-SMA-Male-Antenna-with-Cover.jpg
2020-10-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes you can, but if you're going to go to the trouble, I suggest a much better antenna such as this one (which will require a little more work but worth it):  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Itelite ... :g:C5YAAOSwBV5aUNJX

Good luck
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Aniruddha, thank you for reaching us out. It is unfortunate to know that the antenna of your Phantom 3 Standard remote controller is broken. I'm afraid to tell that we don't have an authorized service center in India. Although you can check your neighboring countries for the recommended service center by going to this link https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. I found one in Taiwan China but sending the remote controller for a repair service might be equal to the cost of getting a new one. Else, you can purchase an antenna only and use it as replacement. Let's wait for the other members in this Forum if they do have any suggestions. Thank you.
2020-10-28
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

Before you can thread on a replacement antenna, an ARGTEK conversion kit will contain the short thin cables and their connectors.  I went with ArgTek when I too broke the stock antenna of a Phantom3S, and the controller works very well.  

There are several youtube videos teaching how to make this easy antenna connector conversion, and they all stress the difficulty encountered in removing the hot-glue that is used to secure those three antenna cables.  The ideal instrument for removing that hot glue is a medical surgeons'  blade, which makes short work of that hot glue, and the entire conversion can be completed in ten minutes.

If you choose not to go with Argtek, those connectors go by the following name  RP-SMA Female Angle to uFL, and are widely available online.   
2020-10-28
Use props
Aniruddha
lvl.1

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-28 09:28
Hello Aniruddha, thank you for reaching us out. It is unfortunate to know that the antenna of your Phantom 3 Standard remote controller is broken. I'm afraid to tell that we don't have an authorized service center in India. Although you can check your neighboring countries for the recommended service center by going to this link https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. I found one in Taiwan China but sending the remote controller for a repair service might be equal to the cost of getting a new one. Else, you can purchase an antenna only and use it as replacement. Let's wait for the other members in this Forum if they do have any suggestions. Thank you.

thank you very much for your reply
2020-10-28
Use props
Aniruddha
lvl.1

India

Muttley7 Posted at 10-28 09:41
Before you can thread on a replacement antenna, an ARGTEK conversion kit will contain the short thin cables and their connectors.  I went with ArgTek when I too broke the stock antenna of a Phantom3S, and the controller works very well.  

There are several youtube videos teaching how to make this easy antenna connector conversion, and they all stress the difficulty encountered in removing the hot-glue that is used to secure those three antenna cables.  The ideal instrument for removing that hot glue is a medical surgeons'  blade, which makes short work of that hot glue, and the entire conversion can be completed in ten minutes.

but I cannot afford to buy the argtek conversion kit as I am a student
just needed to know will this antenna work on phantom 3 standard remote

4-Leaf-Clover-RHCP-SMA-Male-Antenna-with-Cover.jpg
2020-10-28
Use props
Aniruddha
lvl.1

India

Mark The Droner Posted at 10-28 04:01
Yes you can, but if you're going to go to the trouble, I suggest a much better antenna such as this one (which will require a little more work but worth it):  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Itelite-DBS-Flight-Range-Extender-Antenna-ITE-DBS01-4-DJI-Phantom-3-Std-SE/322209799527?epid=670808162&hash=item4b05335d67:g:C5YAAOSwBV5aUNJX

Good luck

but I cannot afford to buy the DBS flight range extender as I am a student
just needed to know will this antenna work on phantom 3 standard remote.

2020-10-28
Use props
Aniruddha
lvl.1

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-28 09:28
Hello Aniruddha, thank you for reaching us out. It is unfortunate to know that the antenna of your Phantom 3 Standard remote controller is broken. I'm afraid to tell that we don't have an authorized service center in India. Although you can check your neighboring countries for the recommended service center by going to this link https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. I found one in Taiwan China but sending the remote controller for a repair service might be equal to the cost of getting a new one. Else, you can purchase an antenna only and use it as replacement. Let's wait for the other members in this Forum if they do have any suggestions. Thank you.

thank you for your reply
2020-10-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Aniruddha Posted at 10-28 10:30

but I cannot afford to buy the DBS flight range extender as I am a student

That antenna is circular polarity rather than linear polarity.  Yes, it will work, but how well it works depends on your flying environment.  And a CP antenna is more of a directional antenna, whereas the linear is omni.  This may give you an advantage which may compensate for the disadvantage of transmitting in CP rather than linear.  In a perfect world, you'd want a linear polarity antenna such as another stick antenna to match the receiving antenna which is linear polarity.  You're gonna have to do some work and get the right connector and install it well onto your controller.  You will have to be sure to aim it correctly.  That blue cable can be bent to point in the direction you want.   Good luck.
2020-10-31
Use props
Aniruddha
lvl.1

India

Mark The Droner Posted at 10-31 08:59
That antenna is circular polarity rather than linear polarity.  Yes, it will work, but how well it works depends on your flying environment.  In a perfect world, you'd want a linear polarity antenna.  You're gonna have to do some work and get the right connector and install it well onto your controller.  Good luck.

thank you very much i will try and update if it works  
2020-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules