940 10 2020-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently noticed an issue when my Mavic 2 Pro's file naming reset (set to continuous, which creates a new folder after DJI_0999).

The date/timestamps of the files were incorrect, making it difficult to organize the footage in my NLE.

I used a file renaming application to rename the files based on EXIF, and the timestamps were off by a few hours.

Anyone else have this issue?

2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there sky_makai. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with the Date/Timestamp on your recorded files. For us to be able to assist you further, may we know if the issue occurs on the DJI Go 4 App only or even when you check the files on a computer?
2020-10-29
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-29 06:09
Hello there sky_makai. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with the Date/Timestamp on your recorded files. For us to be able to assist you further, may we know if the issue occurs on the DJI Go 4 App only or even when you check the files on a computer?

Hi, Gamora.

I'll have to check by testing.
Note, I have recently reinstalled DJI Go 4.
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sky_makai Posted at 10-29 10:09
Hi, Gamora.

I'll have to check by testing.

Hi sky_makai. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information. What we can do for now is to isolate and check. In addition, to check if the time zones on the app and computer are the same. If you need further assistance we will be here for you. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-30
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 02:59
Hi sky_makai. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information. What we can do for now is to isolate and check. In addition, to check if the time zones on the app and computer are the same. If you need further assistance we will be here for you. Thank you for your support.

Yes, time and date is correct on both my iPhone and my Mac.  There is no way to set time in the DJI Go 4 app.

Attached is an image showing the files from the Mavic 2 Pro, renamed by EXIF data based on Creation Date and Time.  The EXIF data is wrong, so the renaming is wrong. In the side column you can see the actual creation date.

2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sky_makai Posted at 11-3 11:54
Yes, time and date is correct on both my iPhone and my Mac.  There is no way to set time in the DJI Go 4 app.

Attached is an image showing the files from the Mavic 2 Pro, renamed by EXIF data based on Creation Date and Time.  The EXIF data is wrong, so the renaming is wrong. In the side column you can see the actual creation date.

Hi sky_makai, thank you for reaching back and providing the following information regarding the concern on the Timestamp exif data on your DJI Mavic 2 pro. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sky_makai Posted at 11-3 11:54
Yes, time and date is correct on both my iPhone and my Mac.  There is no way to set time in the DJI Go 4 app.

Attached is an image showing the files from the Mavic 2 Pro, renamed by EXIF data based on Creation Date and Time.  The EXIF data is wrong, so the renaming is wrong. In the side column you can see the actual creation date.

Hi sky_makai, thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. I received a response from our corresponding team regarding the concern. However, we will be needing additional information for them to properly check and analyze the concern. Do you have an estimate of the gap from the time when the photos or videos were taken? In addition, please provide us an original copy of the files that have incorrect information regarding the Exif data. Kindly upload it to google drive or dropbox then you can send it here or PM me the link. Thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 07:25
Hi sky_makai, thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. I received a response from our corresponding team regarding the concern. However, we will be needing additional information for them to properly check and analyze the concern. Do you have an estimate of the gap from the time when the photos or videos were taken? In addition, please provide us an original copy of the files that have incorrect information regarding the Exif data. Kindly upload it to google drive or dropbox then you can send it here or PM me the link. Thank you.

The issue is with ALL files.

The screenshot above shows the filename based on EXIF.  The column for date modified and date created show the proper creation date.

I'll have to upload some shots and get back to you.
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sky_makai Posted at 11-10 09:47
The issue is with ALL files.

The screenshot above shows the filename based on EXIF.  The column for date modified and date created show the proper creation date.

Hi sky_makai, thank you for the clarification and additional information. Once the files are ready, kindly PM me or reply the link for me to forward this to our corresponding team for further checking. Thank you.
2020-11-14
Use props
JJ Sereday
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8506253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sky_makai Posted at 2020-11-3 11:54
Yes, time and date is correct on both my iPhone and my Mac.  There is no way to set time in the DJI Go 4 app.

Attached is an image showing the files from the Mavic 2 Pro, renamed by EXIF data based on Creation Date and Time.  The EXIF data is wrong, so the renaming is wrong. In the side column you can see the actual creation date.

Have you had any success with this? Crazy that its 2022 and we are still having this issue. Ive tried turning subtitles on and off and still no difference. There isn't any setting to change something like timezone on the app and I can confirm the app (RC Pro) has the correct time.
2022-7-22
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJ Sereday Posted at 7-22 09:00
Have you had any success with this? Crazy that its 2022 and we are still having this issue. Ive tried turning subtitles on and off and still no difference. There isn't any setting to change something like timezone on the app and I can confirm the app (RC Pro) has the correct time.

No, I did not find a solution.  I just stopped renaming the files based on EXIF data.  Unfortunate, because when searching large amounts of video files, having them sorted by date/time is helpful.
2022-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules