Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stuck getting RS2+RavenEye+A7R2 working together
14876 66 2020-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joffray Jouve
New

France

djiuser_UzJmOQjLK3za Posted at 12-4 08:18
Similar problems with a Sony a7r Iv + RSC 2 + Raveneye.

If I connect using the USB-C to USB-C cable I can control aperture/iso/shutter, but both screens (phone and camera) turn black when recording starts. (so essentially useless)

Hello,
Pc remote only with usb c ok but when it’s USBC to multi what do you use ? Not pc remote ?
Cordially,
JJ
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with the DJI RS2 and the Raveneye. As the USB-C control cable will occupy the bandwidth of the processor on the Sony cameras, Sony currently put the higher priority of the USB-C signal than the HDMI signal. That is the reason why we cannot get the video signal on the Ronin app.

We have already noticed this issue and currently are finding solution with the Sony. We suggest you to use the Sony Muti camera cable that enables you to get the signal from the HDMI.

For the camera and Raveneye compatibility info please check:
1)https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/a7r3
2)https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... atibilityListen.pdf
2020-12-29
Use props
ChaosPhoenix
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-29 01:06
Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with the DJI RS2 and the Raveneye. As the USB-C control cable will occupy the bandwidth of the processor on the Sony cameras, Sony currently put the higher priority of the USB-C signal than the HDMI signal. That is the reason why we cannot get the video signal on the Ronin app.

We have already noticed this issue and currently are finding solution with the Sony. We suggest you to use the Sony Muti camera cable that enables you to get the signal from the HDMI.

Hey Wanda, thanks!

Somehow the multi cable stopped working completely for me. Even without the Raven Eye. It still works with my R-SC (1). It could be that it stopped working after the firmware update, but I can't tell. I'm using the Sony A7R4 with the RS 2.
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_g2uCtsFyGYCx
lvl.1

United States

I have an a6400 and have it working with 4K with the rs2, sort of.  The only cable that works without a black screen on my phone is the Sony multi.  The HDMI setting output needs to be 1080p on the camera to get the phone screen to work, it will be black if the setting is 2160/1080.  I also have the camera recording setting to 4K.  If I record 4K my phone screen still works but the camera screen goes black.  If I record 1080p then both the camera and the phone displays are working.   Missing ISO, shutter etc. by using the multi cable, but the other cable only displays a black screen with the Raven.  Camera control works fine and so does the force focus and auto tracking, and zoom.  Also, my usb setting is PC and connect to phone is off.  I’ve tried a bunch of combinations and this is the one that works for now.  
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_g2uCtsFyGYCx
lvl.1

United States

Hotrawd Posted at 11-28 14:20
I am having a similar problem despite doing the update for my A7siii and 3D focus just now before setting up and trying to use RavenEye for the first time today. I just turned off the HDMI display. I had to unplug the cable first, as the option was grayed out before. I have to reconnect and try it again. Then I have to remember to turn it back on when I take it off if this works.

Does anyone know how to reverse the joystick? I like to use mine in the opposite direction. It makes more sense to me. Thanks.
Channel settings under user profile, the menu can expand at the bottom to open the channel menu.  Choose reverse.  First three are Pan, tilt and roll.  
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_g2uCtsFyGYCx
lvl.1

United States

I found this pdf that has compatibility and instructions for all cameras including camera settings and notes exceptions with Raveneye for Sony Cameras.

blog.studiosport.fr/manuels/DJI-RS-2-Camera-Compatibility-List.pdf
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_g2uCtsFyGYCx
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-29 01:06
Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with the DJI RS2 and the Raveneye. As the USB-C control cable will occupy the bandwidth of the processor on the Sony cameras, Sony currently put the higher priority of the USB-C signal than the HDMI signal. That is the reason why we cannot get the video signal on the Ronin app.

When will the issue be fixed?
2020-12-31
Use props
FuegoImages
lvl.1

United States

I am about to return the RSC2 Pro Combo, all of this is silly considering how Sony cameras are the most popular cameras for video at this time. This needs to be fixed immediately.
2021-1-2
Use props
MohaDXB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131677 ft
United Arab Emirates

djiuser_g2uCtsFyGYCx Posted at 2020-12-31 13:14
I have an a6400 and have it working with 4K with the rs2, sort of.  The only cable that works without a black screen on my phone is the Sony multi.  The HDMI setting output needs to be 1080p on the camera to get the phone screen to work, it will be black if the setting is 2160/1080.  I also have the camera recording setting to 4K.  If I record 4K my phone screen still works but the camera screen goes black.  If I record 1080p then both the camera and the phone displays are working.   Missing ISO, shutter etc. by using the multi cable, but the other cable only displays a black screen with the Raven.  Camera control works fine and so does the force focus and auto tracking, and zoom.  Also, my usb setting is PC and connect to phone is off.  I’ve tried a bunch of combinations and this is the one that works for now.

Hello !!
Thank you for this interesting feedback, can share some pictures of the configuration please ?
Do you think it’s applicable with the RSC2 ? Because I’m facing the same symptoms as RS2 user with my Sony A6400 ?
Thank you in advance
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChaosPhoenix Posted at 2020-12-31 09:36
Hey Wanda, thanks!

Somehow the multi cable stopped working completely for me. Even without the Raven Eye. It still works with my R-SC (1). It could be that it stopped working after the firmware update, but I can't tell. I'm using the Sony A7R4 with the RS 2.

Thanks for the feedback. We will also send this information to our engineers for the reference. Stay in touch with us if you have any issue or suggestions on the gimbal.

Cheers
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_kp2jomcfUx5L
New
France

Hi,
I have RSC2 + A7iii + Feelworld f6 plus and the problem is the same with remote monitor :
with sony cable i can manage focus but i have black screen on camera and remote monitor.
With usb c cable i have video but i can't control my camera...
2021-1-7
Use props
fans2ced2337
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13970 ft
United Kingdom

Just reading all of the comments and this really isn’t acceptable DJI.

My problem is after using the Gimbal once with the Raveneye, I now cannot get a a WiFi connection. All cables connected correctly. I can connect the Ronin app to the Gimbal but then when trying to connect the Raveneye it just says unable to connect. Followed all of the instructions etc but nothing - so frustrating!

Only thing I have changed is my phone to an iphone 12 Pro Max but in saying that I have tried on my iPad Pro and it doesn’t connect on there either.

Seems I’m not even getting as far as some of you guys and the problem you have may be further down the line for me.

I have read somewhere about changing the frequency but not sure how to do this? Will that help and can anyone assist with what to do?

Thanks
2021-1-9
Use props
FuegoImages
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_g2uCtsFyGYCx Posted at 2020-12-31 13:14

If functions the same way with my Pixel 4a 5G, A7Riii & RS2C. Black screen with 4K video on the camera and appears when camera is set to 1080p. Annoying, but it works. If I had known this from the start, I probably wouldn't have spent the extra money on the pro combo.
2021-1-12
Use props
fabiokaschel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15633 ft
Germany

Prezmc Posted at 2020-10-31 13:08
Correct, no updates.  I have attached a couple photos here with everything in 4k, recording, and showing 4k and HDMI setting screens.  When recording starts the camera screen goes black, but the phone screen stays on (which I think is fine when I am using the RavenEye, but I'll have to use it more). when recording stops, both screens are on.   
Not recording:
[view_image]

which settings did you set for usb?
2021-2-3
Use props
fabiokaschel
lvl.1
Germany

Xin Posted at 2020-12-5 19:23
When I use A7iii connect raveneyes, it can work when recording (4K or 1080P) and my phone wont black screen.
When I plug rs2 typc-c to multi for sony, the screen work well, too.
But when I recoding, the phone screen will black screen.....

I got exact the same issue! When the gimbal is in sleep mode, I got a screen on my iphone but if i turn the gimbal on i only got the lcd display of my sony a7iii but by pressing the record button, there is no screen at all

Do you got a selution?
2021-2-3
Use props
fabiokaschel
lvl.1
Germany

chrisilehner Posted at 2020-12-4 10:52
Hello, I have the same problem.

DJI Ronin RS2 + Sony A7iii + RavenEye

did you solve the problem? because i got the same problem at point 2
2021-2-3
Use props
TheresaCollins
lvl.1

India

fansa06defc1 Posted at 2020-11-4 22:09
Weird I still cant get this working in my A7iii, I am shooting 4K, and without recording I can see the video in the camera monitor and the phone via raveneye. But the moment I hit record then the video in my phone goes off.

I use DJI Ronin-SC Pro(https://www.dji.com/ronin-sc) gimbal for the Sony a7III and works really well for me.
2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_z8lVokvsTc2o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 775810 ft
United States

I have the same problem with the dji rs2 raveneye I have the Sony a7riii and when I put it in video mode and the screen stays black, I want to know what to do with that problem
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_z8lVokvsTc2o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 775810 ft
United States

I have the same problem with the dji rs2 raveneye I have the Sony a7riii and when I put it in video mode and the screen stays black, I want to know what to do with that problem
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_PnpoDWnXFlkI
New
Austria

Hey DJI!!! We all need help! ASAP! Don't leave us hanging. We spend a lot of money for your products, so give us some support. Many of us have not only one product. Please do something!!!!!
2021-3-13
Use props
ChaosPhoenix
lvl.1

Germany

I'm rather sad, how limited the Raven-Eye and the RS-2 is when it comes to Sony cameras. I'm sad about DJIs support too. I wish I would have returned it.
2021-3-15
Use props
moccolo
lvl.1
Germany

I have exactly the same problem with my sony alpha 7 sII... When will this bug be fixed?
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_WqJntztf4w5L
lvl.1

United States

Was there ever a solid fix posted? Cannot see once I hit record on Raven Eye- Sony a6600.
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_n28H4mQDfL6j
New

United States

Found the solution for Sony A7 (or so I believe).
When in settings under setup3 (briefcase 3 slide), select HDMI Setting and I had to set my output to be automatic instead of at highest setting.

This allowed me to record while in 4K and control everything from the app.

Hope this worked and spread the word!!!
2021-4-20
Use props
dzchohfi
lvl.1
United States

I can't get it to work with both image from the app plus the recording button. Anyone figured out this?
2021-8-21
Use props
finaleditor
lvl.2

United States

ChaosPhoenix Posted at 2020-12-27 12:08
I guess I'm qualifying as another angry Sony user now.

I've got a Sony A7R 4 and a RS2 with Raven Eye.

It is an old topic, I had same problem but I have noticed they 2 different cable looks like same one of them just for sony multiport, if you use that one it works. I was using other usb cable and it wasn't working.
2021-11-16
Use props
finaleditor
lvl.2

United States

It is an old topic, I had same problem but I have noticed they 2 different cable looks like same one of them just for sony multiport, if you use that one it works. I was using other usb cable and it wasn't working.
2021-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules