Camera settings for Aerial Mapping using P4A at low altitudes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Achilles_01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 538 ft
United States

Hello, Does anyone have a suggestion on the camera settings for a planned mapping flight using Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced? Currently, I am planning to fly (Constant Flight Speed 3.5 mph) at different altitudes (15 m, 25m, 35m) to map an area. At 15m flight altitude, I tried both shutter priority (800) and aperture-priority (4.5) with infinite focus (manual). The two models were good but when I look at the images zoomed in, I feel like the quality can be increased further. So, I tried aperture priority and with flower icon selected and surprisingly found good clarity photos. I haven't checked the quality of the models.

It looks very counter-intuitive since, at greater distances, infinity focus should be able to give good clarity pictures, right? When I mentioned that I maintained infinity focus above, I tapped on the Infiniti icon and all little white bars automatically moved downwards i.e. away from the Infiniti symbol and towards the flower icon and opposite when I tried flower mode.

Any help regarding the optimal camera settings (whether aperture or shutter priority) based on cloudy, sunny days is much appreciated. If so, what's the best range for those settings. Also, I would be glad if anyone can provide a picture to interpret the Infiniti and flower focus buttons.

Thank you!

2020-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at th drone deploy trial it will automate the entire process for you.
2020-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules