1092 14 2020-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Question? I have a Mavic zoom and a smart controller recent exchanges my Mavic Air with an Air 2 as I can use both drones with smart controller. All have latest firmware but like so often DJI software is quite bugy. I have no issues linking Air 2 as it asked me to connect drone, click power button and remote will switch. Not so easy going back to Zoom though after selecting remote will start beeping and asked me to to press linking button which i assume is the same battery button as with air but drone will not link. I trie a few times then power remote down and back up and eventually it links. Not a good solution when needing to switch between drones. Has anyone had same issue and has a fix?

I have now been told that every time I switch Drones I need to use this complicated procedure of pairing which includes clicking the pairing button with a needle hardly a convenient method. I also noticed after last update tha the Smart Remote DJI app crashes often and restarts itself a few times each flight. Anyone else?

2020-10-28
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

You can link the mavic2 pressing the link button on the side. On the smart controller you have to use the aircraft add icon on the aircraft managemnet menu.
Switching between the binded crafts is also tricky. The startup screen does not show the bided aircrafts.  Maybe it is a bug, but if you sweep down and select the setting menu/aircraft management , you will see a paired aircraft with its name. Tapping the proper icon the controller will switch without any issue.
You mantioned that you experienced craches of the djigo4 app with the lastest fw. Sad to say, but it seems a valid issue. Many of users report occasionaly app craches mainly go4, but there are issues regarding to djiflyapp also (laggy fpv view). With the previous fw version (***700) everything works perfectly, but this version not supports the air2.
Some users reported that a factory reset BEFORE the fw update of the latest fw solved the problem.

2020-10-28
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Fantomgep Posted at 10-28 23:09
You can link the mavic2 pressing the link button on the side. On the smart controller you have to use the aircraft add icon on the aircraft managemnet menu.

Yes I just find it strange that I have to re-link every time I switch drones, is that how it’s supposed to be?
2020-10-28
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

alloffroad Posted at 10-28 23:11
Yes I just find it strange that I have to re-link every time I switch drones, is that how it’s supposed to be?

The startup screen does not show the bided aircrafts.  Maybe it is a bug, but if you sweep down and select the setting menu/aircraft management , you will see a paired aircraft with its name. Tapping the proper icon the controller will switch without any issue.
2020-10-28
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Fantomgep Posted at 10-28 23:46
The startup screen does not show the bided aircrafts.  Maybe it is a bug, but if you sweep down and select the setting menu/aircraft management , you will see a paired aircraft with its name. Tapping the proper icon the controller will switch without any issue.

Thanks mate will give that a shot, your help is greatly appreciated
2020-10-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Alloffroad,

did you try using the "aircraft management".
Go to "settings" - "Aircraft management" after linking 1 aircraft and add it to the list. Then connect your second aircraft and do the same. Now you should be able to switch between setups of both your devices.

Succes!
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello alloffroad, this question has been answered already from your previous thread. Here is the link for reference: https://forum.dji.com/thread-227584-1-1.html

Thank you.
2020-10-29
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 10-29 05:50
Hi Alloffroad,

did you try using the "aircraft management".

Yes I tried that does not work as every time I’m switching back to Zoom it asked to re-link the Zoom. Seems to be a Bug in the software
2020-10-29
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-29 07:19
Hello alloffroad, this question has been answered already from your previous thread. Here is the link for reference: https://forum.dji.com/thread-227584-1-1.html

Thank you.

DJI just wondering will you fix this in an upcoming update, and also the crashes of the app? Switching between drones should be easier and as mentioned it will not work without every time re-linking the aircrafts
2020-10-29
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry I have not managed to link standard remote back to Air 2 does Air 2 use a different software and not DJIGo4 as it only shows Mavic Air but not Air 2. Sorry this was a last second purchase before a big trip as a back up drone for my Zoom did not realise it would be such a hassle. When connecting drone it asked me to download DJI fly app is that now a new app for the Air 2???
2020-10-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

alloffroad Posted at 10-29 13:23
Sorry I have not managed to link standard remote back to Air 2 does Air 2 use a different software and not DJIGo4 as it only shows Mavic Air but not Air 2. Sorry this was a last second purchase before a big trip as a back up drone for my Zoom did not realise it would be such a hassle. When connecting drone it asked me to download DJI fly app is that now a new app for the Air 2???

Mavic 2 = Go4 app
Air 2, mini = Fly app
2020-10-29
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

alloffroad Posted at 10-28 23:11

No
You need to go into settings and then aircraft management and select which drone you wish to fly then it will switch to that drone automatically. You do not require to rebind each time.
Just do not press the connect button at the start up go to settings.
2020-10-30
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Visual Air Posted at 10-30 07:17
No
You need to go into settings and then aircraft management and select which drone you wish to fly then it will switch to that drone automatically. You do not require to rebind each time.
Just do not press the connect button at the start up go to settings.

Yes I assume that’s how it’s supposed to be just does not work for me
2020-11-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

alloffroad Posted at 11-1 21:48
Yes I assume that’s how it’s supposed to be just does not work for me

Sorry that did not work for you. Having to re pair is a pain.
2020-11-2
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Is there any way to set the file numbering to continuous with the MA2? For the life of me can’t find it and having several drones resetting file numbering to 0 after each Format causes myriads of issues with my workflow?
2020-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules