Dji please respond
1982 8 2020-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobinSof
lvl.1

Australia

Dear DJI

There are a series of forum questions about the OM4 and iPhone 12 pro and pro max. The magnetic clamp does not hold the iPhone 12 pro securely enough so it seems I may need to return the OM4 I have just purchased.

Please respond ... are you doing something about an updated clamp or not ? May we respectfully please request a direct answer. That would be appreciated.

Thank you

2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi RobinSof, the newly launched iPhone 12 series is not compatible with the DJI OM 4 at present (no updated clamp at present), our engineers are working hard on it, please wait patiently for the update of the mobile device compatibility list on our official website. Thanks.
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you say it does not hold the phone securely enough, where do you feel like it's not secure? We tried the iPhone 12 Pro in the clamp and it doesn't seem to be an issue. Can you post some photos of where you think the problem is?
2020-10-29
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 10-29 06:40
When you say it does not hold the phone securely enough, where do you feel like it's not secure? We tried the iPhone 12 Pro in the clamp and it doesn't seem to be an issue. Can you post some photos of where you think the problem is?

Agreed.  I received my 12 Pro yesterday and I have an ESR clear case and it is fine with the clamp.
2020-10-29
Use props
RobinSof
lvl.1

Australia

Has anyone who has an iPhone 12 pro tried the clamp please? From what I am reading from this forum and Reddit  the existing OM4 clamp does not hold the pro 12 securely enough due to the flat edges when the phone is in a case (like the clear Apple mag safe case). This feedback would be useful for myself and the DJI team please.
I am waiting for an iPhone 12 pro max when released so cannot send DJI any photos, but my OM4 will be outside the return window by then so am deciding whether to return the unit or not

Thank you
2020-10-29
Use props
scubatopy
lvl.1

Italy

RobinSof Posted at 10-29 23:22
Has anyone who has an iPhone 12 pro tried the clamp please? From what I am reading from this forum and Reddit  the existing OM4 clamp does not hold the pro 12 securely enough due to the flat edges when the phone is in a case (like the clear Apple mag safe case). This feedback would be useful for myself and the DJI team please.
I am waiting for an iPhone 12 pro max when released so cannot send DJI any photos, but my OM4 will be outside the return window by then so am deciding whether to return the unit or not

Looks like this is a OM4 with a Pro 12 ...

2020-10-31
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With a case the iPhone 12 Pro is not secure in the slightest so I have stuck the OM4 in a draw and won’t be used again. I’m sure it’s fine without a case but I prefer to use a case on a pretty expensive phone. The main issue is the clamp is clearly designed for a curved phone, the square edges of the iPhone 12 just aren’t held properly.
2020-10-31
Use props
djiuser_nTTs1vIhAfTp
New
United Kingdom

RobinSof Posted at 10-29 23:22

Just tried iPhone 12pro in OM4 and had to take out of the apple MagSafe case to fit in clamp... worrying
2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_nTTs1vIhAfTp
New
United Kingdom

Will there be a clamp that holds the iPhone 12pro when it’s in an official apple mag safe case? Current clamp simply doesn’t hold it, unless like iJustine, you’re prepared to use out of the case...
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules