Mavic Mini flight range problems
841 6 2020-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azgana
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, I have a Mavic Mini that I fly in Europe (so the maximum flight range is 2 km).
But 2 km of flight range is really hard to reach, the drone disconnect from the controller often, even if is 600 meters far from me sometimes.

Is this a common problem or i have to contact the DJI assistance?
2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Azgana, thank you for reaching us out. My apologies this has caused you. Aircraft disconnection from the remote controller isn't a common problem but an intermittent issue. Interference is one if the reason behind it and weak GPS signal. It is recommended to fly in open environments free of wireless signal interference to avoid disconnection during flight. You can follow these procedures to avoid disconnection issue.
1. Close other running programs in the background of the mobile device being used.
2.  Keep an eye on the orientation of the antennas and ensure they are facing the aircraft during flight.
3. Kindly ensure that the Channel Transmission is on Auto. To check that you can go to the general settings of the DJI Fly app. Tap the three dots on the upper right corner in Camera View and select Transmission then under Channel Mode.
4. Calibrate Compass and IMU. Go to Settings and select Safety swipe down until you see the Sensors part then Calibrate the IMU and Compass. Ensure that you are placing the aircraft in a flat level surface when doing calibration.
5. Always ensure that the firmware is up to date and by checking it under the Settings and select "About". List of the firmware version will be showed and tap on "Check for updates"

If the issue persist please contact our DJI Support under this link for further assistance. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-29
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

There are a lot of factors in range, because it uses wifi channels Urban areas will really reduce distance. Electrical power lines, large structures, anything between you and the drone, etc.
2020-10-29
Use props
Azgana
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-29 09:59
Hello Azgana, thank you for reaching us out. My apologies this has caused you. Aircraft disconnection from the remote controller isn't a common problem but an intermittent issue. Interference is one if the reason behind it and weak GPS signal. It is recommended to fly in open environments free of wireless signal interference to avoid disconnection during flight. You can follow these procedures to avoid disconnection issue.
1. Close other running programs in the background of the mobile device being used.
2.  Keep an eye on the orientation of the antennas and ensure they are facing the aircraft during flight.

Thanks for the big answers, maybe i need another calibration of compass and IMU, because all my settings are correct.
Another question: do you think that other Mavic's OcuSync 2.0 is way better than the Mavic Mini transmission system?
2020-10-29
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Azgana Posted at 10-29 14:30
Thanks for the big answers, maybe i need another calibration of compass and IMU, because all my settings are correct.
Another question: do you think that other Mavic's OcuSync 2.0 is way better than the Mavic Mini transmission system?

I guess that OcuSync 2.0 is the same in Air2 or Mini2 since they have the same controller. At least it suppose to be.
2020-10-31
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Yes, OcuSync does better than the modified WiFi on the Mini.  Not that it will help me, but glad they (reportedly) are putting that onto the Mini 2.
2020-10-31
Use props
Azgana
lvl.2
Italy

So this OcuSync 2.0 may be the solution to all my disconnections? Is it really much more reliable?
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules