Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony A7S III and Ronin S
11262 14 2020-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rasmuskaessmann
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

I#m trying to connect my Sony A7S III to my Ronin S. I'm able to trigger recording via the MCC Multi Cable, but not focusing with the focus wheel. Whe i try, it says on the camera display "not possible with this lens". It does work with my Sony A7R IV though, so the problem cannot be the lens!
I tried connecting the camera with the MCC-C cable, the light on the focus wheel stays red though and it's not possible to trigger anything at all with it.

Can anyone confirm this and, DJI, is there going to be an update to make the Ronin S fully compatible with the Sony A7S III?

Cheers,
rasmus
2020-10-29
Use props
OLEGPHOTO
lvl.1

France

Can you please tell me your Settings on the Sony A7 S III cause I can't find the USB "PC remote" option and it says "capable only with usb C port " but the cable the recomend me was the multicaméra (Type-B)(micro)  I can't get it to work. thanks
2020-12-4
Use props
rasmuskaessmann
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

OLEGPHOTO Posted at 12-4 07:29
Can you please tell me your Settings on the Sony A7 S III cause I can't find the USB "PC remote" option and it says "capable only with usb C port " but the cable the recomend me was the multicaméra (Type-B)(micro)  I can't get it to work. thanks

Hi, i'm using the USB-C cable, and as described above it works for triggering, not for focusing. So i can't really tell you anything about the micro usb cable, sorry.
2020-12-4
Use props
PatrickB
New

Switzerland

I have the same problem. Can not control the camera with the USB C cable, not even trigger the camera. Does the problem lie with DJI or Sony? We demand firmware updates!
2020-12-18
Use props
Gemert
New
Netherlands

Any updates on this? As the A7S III is the most popular video cam of Sony in 2020, I hope there will be a firmware release soon.
2020-12-30
Use props
Briantmoriarty
lvl.1
United States

Gemert Posted at 12-30 15:02
Any updates on this? As the A7S III is the most popular video cam of Sony in 2020, I hope there will be a firmware release soon.

I called dji tonight. They said they would have to test it and find the correct cables and see if it could be balanced on the s. I don’t think he had ever heard of the A7siii, or Sony for that matter.
2020-12-30
Use props
Gemert
New
Netherlands

I think it's a matter of priority because the newer model is supporting it: dji.com/nl/support/compatibility/rsc-2/a7s3
@DJI please add priority to this and update your "older" Ronin-S model (mine is just one year old). We all understand that it can take a few months to release a new firmware, but this is taking too long. A lot of people like me exchanged from an older A7 to the A7s3 and therefore can't use our Ronin at all...
2020-12-31
Use props
Briantmoriarty
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, I have a lot of money invested in my s system. They still sell it on their site.
2021-1-1
Use props
fans454bc5e1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 368720 ft
United States

Can you share your camera settings that you use to get the MCC to trigger recording? i.e. pc remote and so on?
2021-1-21
Use props
rasmuskaessmann
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

fans454bc5e1 Posted at 1-21 07:55
Can you share your camera settings that you use to get the MCC to trigger recording? i.e. pc remote and so on?

No, PC Remote is set to off, Smartphone Trigger also off.
2021-1-21
Use props
Dev258
New
United Kingdom

Ive done an firmware update for the S they released last month they claimed to fix this for the a7s3 but Im having the same issue. I have no PC Remote option. I set Mass storage mode but the camera doesn't even let me view the image it just says "check connected device" with the red light on the follow focus still flickering. Can anyone help?
2021-2-1
Use props
rasmuskaessmann
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Dev258 Posted at 2-1 08:42
Ive done an firmware update for the S they released last month they claimed to fix this for the a7s3 but Im having the same issue. I have no PC Remote option. I set Mass storage mode but the camera doesn't even let me view the image it just says "check connected device" with the red light on the follow focus still flickering. Can anyone help? [view_image]

Hey man,

thanks for your post, i didn't see that there is an update for the Ronin S now! So i downloaded and installed it, and there you go, it works!!! Finally i'm able to use the focus wheel with my Sony A7S III!!! Thanks DJI for the fix, thanks @Dev258 for the tip!

So, here's how i set it up to make it work, i just did as explained in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkddp-f8gqM&t=208s

It's not made for the A7S III, but it works all the same!

Good luck!
2021-2-2
Use props
rasmuskaessmann
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

fans454bc5e1 Posted at 1-21 07:55
Can you share your camera settings that you use to get the MCC to trigger recording? i.e. pc remote and so on?

Sorry man i was wrong there! PC Remote has to be set to on! Smartphone trigger to off though!

I just updated my Ronin S to the newly released firmware, and now it works and i'm finally able to use the focus wheel!

Just set it up as explained in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkddp-f8gqM&t=208s

Cheers and good luck!
2021-2-2
Use props
C-Snow
New

Israel

I cant record Proxy files while connected to the Ronnin S.
anyone else seeing this?
2021-3-19
Use props
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Figured it out guys... GO to the Green Tab with the globe in the A7Siii... go to "Transfer/" Tab... Go to PC Remote.. Turn it to ON and make sure the "USB" method is selected (not wireless)... IN the USB pane on the camera you can leave that to Auto...
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules